2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

UCF is getting the short end in the polls. They have a better resume than Louisville and beat them head-to-head, yet one is ranked #19 and the other is #13.

It is only the coach's poll. The Harris Poll has it correct with UCF one spot ahead Louisville. The AP also has UCF ahead. It only proves that the coach's assistant or SIDs, who cast the ballots do not watch other games.

However, it seems as if there is a shot that UCF will been kept low to allow a nonAQ into the BCS in its final year. The Wednesday MAC-tion with unbeaten NIU vs. one loss Ball St. will play a role too.

Right, which I only posted because the Coaches is used in the formula. I saw the AP poll and agree with it.

For personal reasons, UCF having a higher ranking and BCS finish is important for South Carolina.

If USCe loses to Clemson and they also make the BCS, you would been 1-1 against BCS bound and would feel how?

I don't understand how the success of an opponent makes you feel better as one may have won an individual game. That is like saying you had won the season series against the Red Sox, so it is ok you/your team finished 4th in your division.

Most teams don't play 2 BCS teams in a season, so I guess I couldn't feel too bad about it. Is it out of the realm of possibility to assume we could end up with a win over Clemson and have them still go as an at-large into a BCS game...making us 2-0? That would be better.

You are acting as though the success of South Carolina's opponents is a pride thing for me as a fan; I am talking about strength of schedule and how it actually calculates into a better bowl position. Comparing MLB to a sport where a ranking system is in place and relevant is ridiculous.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bowls do not care about a teams SOS in terms of selection and "bowl position", they are in business to hoodwink the participating schools into the ticket guarantees to ensure that they make money and the schools do not. That usually occurs by not have the same school two consecutive years.

Well, the rich get richer I guess:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1536125-dashawn-hand-to-alabama-crimson-tide-land-5-star-de-prospect

It hurts knowing Tech recruited him hard, too.

1. Stop linking to Bleacher Report

2. Hokieland wasn't even in his final three. You can't be upset about this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The bowls do not care about a teams SOS in terms of selection and "bowl position", they are in business to hoodwink the participating schools into the ticket guarantees to ensure that they make money and the schools do not. That usually occurs by not have the same school two consecutive years.

Case-in-point: the 2002-2003 BCS bowl season, where the Orange Bowl matchup vested that of the Rose Bowl Game by screwing over the RBG committee hand-picking USC and Iowa.

It's no secret that the bowl makers typically pick "name brand" teams that travel well and sell tickets. It explains those leapfrog situations in bowl pecking order.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1536125-dashawn-hand-to-alabama-crimson-tide-land-5-star-de-prospect

Hokieland wasn't even in his final three. You can't be upset about this.

I think Michigan was actually the front runner for him as well as a few others. Alabama kinda swooped in and stole him.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1. I see no problem with linking a B/R news article. It's the main sports website I read. It's the opinion articles that suck.

2. Tech may not have been in the final 3, but they were a frontrunner all during the Spring months. He rules them out in about June. Plus, we've had our eye on him for a few years.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

1. I see no problem with linking a B/R news article. It's the main sports website I read. It's the opinion articles that suck.

Ah. Now it all makes sense.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2. Tech may not have been in the final 3, but they were a frontrunner all during the Spring months. He rules them out in about June. Plus, we've had our eye on him for a few years.

In recruiting June was an eternity ago. And most of the country has had its eye on him for a few years.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How many people came to the Rose Bowl to watch this game? I understand that it isn't UCLA vs USC but the atmosphere sounds too dead for a decent PAC 12 matchup.

They had 68K last night, which is about what's they average drawing the last two seasons, which is 20% more than what they drew in 2011.

Friday was also the first weeknight game at the Rose Bowl which was not on a holiday (New Years Day or the early 2000s Labor Day game vs. Tennessee). Friday afternoon traffic is a beating enough thenry add a 6pm kickoff

How many people came to the Rose Bowl to watch this game? I understand that it isn't UCLA vs USC but the atmosphere sounds too dead for a decent PAC 12 matchup.

They had 68K last night, which is about what's they average drawing the last two seasons, which is 20% more than what they drew in 2011.

Friday was also the first weeknight game at the Rose Bowl which was not on a holiday (New Years Day or the early 2000s Labor Day game vs. Tennessee). Friday afternoon traffic is a beating enough thenry add a 6pm kickoff

Plus, there's also another big game going on across town.

36 seconds into the OSU-Illini game and Braxton Miller breaks a 69-70 yard run. Well, this is gonna be a blowout. I'm just gonna wait on the OSU-Marquette basketball game to start now

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

36 seconds into the OSU-Illini game and Braxton Miller breaks a 69-70 yard run. Well, this is gonna be a blowout. I'm just gonna wait on the OSU-Marquette basketball game to start now

I'm hoping you didn't expect a competitive game.

I'm hoping you didn't expect a competitive game.

I knew it was gonna be a blowout, but I didn't think it was going to start right out of the gates. I quickly changed to the Wisconsin-Candy Cane Tech Indiana game, which is also a blowout.

Archived