12. Texas A&M

13. Michigan State

14. UCLA

---

15. Fresno State

---

18. UCF

My predicitions:

BCS - Alabama (#1, SEC) / Florida State (#2, ACC)

Rose - Oregon (Pac-12) / Ohio State (Big Ten)

Orange - Clemson (#2 at-large replacement) / UCF (AAC,#1 at-large choice)

Sugar - Auburn (#1 at-large replacement) / Stanford (#2 at-large choice)

Fiesta - Baylor (Big 12) / Fresno State (#3 at-large choice)

Oregon moves into the Pac-12 pole position, as does UCF in the AAC. Auburn slides up to the #1 SEC replacement spot for now.

Stanford's loss really throws a wrench into the that first at-large selection at the Orange Bowl. Auburn being the 2nd SEC selection eliminates Missouri, South Carolina, and Texas A&M. Stanford is the next highest ranked team, and they did go to the Orange Bowl in 2011. (Sugar had 1st choice in replacement and at large in 2011 picking Arkansas and Ohio State. TCU automatically filled Oregon's spot as #3.) Stanford did have trouble selling it's ticket allotment for the game, selling only roughly 10K of the 17.5K allotted. So who's to say the Orange Bowl would go back to them. The other options at this point are Oklahoma State, Michigan State, and UCLA. OkSt has been to one BCS game (2012 Fiesta Bowl), UCLA has been to one BCS game (the inaugural BCS in the 1999 Rose Bowl), but Michigan State has not. Last Big 12 team to go to the Orange was Kansas in 2008, last Big 10 team was Iowa in 2010. Really, I have no idea who'd be there. Maybe they do pick UCF as the in-state team for tickets. They did pick a Big East team in 2012 (with the last pick) in West Virginia. So who knows? For tickets, that's probably the best bet.

So then for the Sugar, they'd have the same West Coast issue with Stanford/UCLA. They have a recent history with Big 10 teams (#13 Michigan in 2012, Ohio State in 2011) and the last Big 12 team was Oklahoma in the 2004 BCS title game. Oklahoma State does win the proximity point, but Michigan State fans might turn out for their first BCS game. idk. Oklahoma State may end up being a non-factor if they lose to Baylor this week. And then it's whether they want the best team left in Stanford hoping the fans travel for a New Orleans vacation, or Michigan State coming out for their first BCS bid. Michigan State may end up being a non-factor as well after the Big 10 title game, but we'll see. And the Sugar did take Hawaii in 2008 and Utah in 2009, but I don't think Hawaii was their choice and I'm not sure with the Utah circumstance. Either way, probably not Fresno in this one. For now, I give the bid to the better game with the first Pac-12 team to go to the Sugar Bowl, the power Stanford Cardinal, to take on Auburn.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realized that the only reason that I don't like Bama is because they win almost every single game, but a bunch of people feel the same way, I assume. Now I know what it's like to be a Jimmie Johnson hater. But, there are some things that I still don't like about Bama, like how they schedule cupcakes like Chattanooga and other FCS schools every year. Yeah, others like Ohio State, Florida State, and others do too, but those schools aren't #1. Luckily, the 4-team playoffs begin next year, which (hopefully) means no more FBS v. FCS matchups. About time Alabama is actually tested which a "pre-Test" for the SEC Title game is next week vs. Auburn. But chances are they will play lower FBS teams like UAB, Southern Miss, UL-Monroe, San Diego State, etc to say "hey, we played an FBS team, so 'don't be hatin''".

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

dear lord, its unc 80 old dominion 20, with 5 mins left in the THIRD quarter, will they hit 100??

We'll they just shortened the 4th to 10 minutes, so probably not.

And Wake's season is effectively done. The sooner the better.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

dear lord, its unc 80 old dominion 20, with 5 mins left in the THIRD quarter, will they hit 100??

wait how can they do that???

I realized that the only reason that I don't like Bama is because they win almost every single game, but a bunch of people feel the same way, I assume. Now I know what it's like to be a Jimmie Johnson hater. But, there are some things that I still don't like about Bama, like how they schedule cupcakes like Chattanooga and other FCS schools every year. Yeah, others like Ohio State, Florida State, and others do too, but those schools aren't #1. Luckily, the 4-team playoffs begin next year, which (hopefully) means no more FBS v. FCS matchups. About time Alabama is actually tested which a "pre-Test" for the SEC Title game is next week vs. Auburn. But chances are they will play lower FBS teams like UAB, Southern Miss, UL-Monroe, San Diego State, etc to say "hey, we played an FBS team, so 'don't be hatin''".

That's the way every big school goes about doing things.

I agree. I don't know what it is with Alabama and always usually scheduling an FCS team before the Iron Bowl, but I think it's a just a fun little preseason-esque game to get the kids to loosen up about things. If you think Saban won't have the boys cued up next Saturday for the most meaningful Iron Bowl in the last 20 years. Cannot wait! In the last few years I've had to hate on LSU, its nice that I can shed more hate towards the ole Tigers.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Mutual agreement.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Mutual agreement.

first time i heard of 2 FBS teams playing a game and doing that. i would think maybe with a FBS-FCS game but still. And yes i know ODU is in transition but still.

The 4-teamplayoff isn't going to change the FCS match ups. I have no problem with Alabama scheduling FCS teams or lower level FBS teams, mainly because it helps those schools out a lot. Colorado State made a trip to Alabama earlier this year and received a $1.5 Million pay out from Alabama for it. (It might not be exactly $1.5 Million, but it was in that ballpark) Because of that pay out, Colorado State now has the starting capital to get their new stadium plans underway.

jNTsTyQ.png

The 4-teamplayoff isn't going to change the FCS match ups. I have no problem with Alabama scheduling FCS teams or lower level FBS teams, mainly because it helps those schools out a lot. Colorado State made a trip to Alabama earlier this year and received a $1.5 Million pay out from Alabama for it. (It might not be exactly $1.5 Million, but it was in that ballpark) Because of that pay out, Colorado State now has the starting capital to get their new stadium plans underway.

1.5 million is hardly enough to start Colorado State's (unnecessary) new stadium.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1.5 million is hardly enough to start Colorado State's (unnecessary) new stadium.

Not start building or anything like that. But drawing up plans for the new spot. I agree it's a little unnecessary, but their current stadium is not a good one. It's out in the boonies of Fort Collins, which is a boonie of a town as it is, has horrible parking, and is an eyesore as well. The new stadium is planned to be built right smack dab in the middle of campus, which should help attract more students to the games.

jNTsTyQ.png

Florida is just a dumpster fire right now. Georgia Southern had 0 passing yards. Also fumbled within the 5 to miss a score and then gave Florida the ball later on their own 15 that led to a Gator TD. They also missed 2 extra points and only converted 3 of 10 3rd downs...but still wins in the Swamp.

To add insult, Muschamp's microphone cut off in the post game presser LOL.

I've been to a lot of college stadiums and campus atmospheres and I don't know if I can say any party harder than Georgia Southern in Statesboro, GA. That place just gets crazy- everyone is a raging alcoholic on Saturday. I can't even imagine that bar scene tonight.

Florida is just a dumpster fire right now. Georgia Southern had 0 passing yards. Also fumbled within the 5 to miss a score and then gave Florida the ball later on their own 15 that led to a Gator TD. They also missed 2 extra points and only converted 3 of 10 3rd downs...but still wins in the Swamp.

I've been to a lot of college stadiums and campus atmospheres and I don't know if I can say any party harder than Georgia Southern in Statesboro, GA. That place just gets crazy- everyone is a raging alcoholic on Saturday. I can't even imagine that bar scene tonight.

THAT is just unbelieveable...

I saw, I came, I left.

And to think just a year ago, they went to the Sugar Bowl. Wow... :jawdrop:

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Dude, I'm glad Florida lost. At least this way, when Florida State beats them by 50+ in the Swamp next week, they won't get to be the ones yelping "WE DIDN'T LET FLORIDA EXTEND THEIR BOWL STREAK".

spacer.png

That's the dagger. Arizona is pummeling the Ducks 42-16! First win over them in 6 years, and Dixon's injury that night aided us greatly. Didn't think that the Cats would be the ones administering the blowout.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived