2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, the Heisman can be mailed to Tallahassee now.

You think they're going to give the Heisman to a guy who could potentially be charged with rape in the next few weeks?

Oh yes, they will still give it to him.

Because FOOTBALL!!!

They gave it to Cam Newton and he took money to go to Auburn. They really don't care. Besides who else are you going to give it to?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Geez, Baylor. I know the other OSU is pretty damned good, but never in a million years did I think the "Pokes" could shut you down like this. Wow.

My dislike of Arizona is to the point that I should probably be an honorary ASU alum or something but I sure did enjoy seeing the Wildcats beat hell out of Oregon today.

Finally, I honestly have no idea if my Buckeyes are actually any good or not. That said, I think I'm kinda looking forward to playing Michigan State in the B1G title game. It should be a good one.

BB52Big.jpg

You think they're going to give the Heisman to a guy who could potentially be charged with rape in the next few weeks?

Because FOOTBALL!!!

They gave it to Cam Newton and he took money to go to Auburn. They really don't care. Besides who else are you going to give it to?

You're 14 so you have no idea about sex or money. It makes sense that you don't see or know the difference between Cam Newton taking money and Jameis Winston allegedly sexually assaulting a woman. My guess is Heisman voters aren't willing to overlook sexual assault like they are willing to overlook a player taking money - at least I hope they aren't.

BB52Big.jpg

Because FOOTBALL!!!

The allegation, which has never been proven was that Cecil Newton (his father) accepted money. Not Cam himself. The only thing Cam took was a laptop while at Florida.

But do not let any facts get in the way, unless you are the "bag man" which Danny Sheridan claims he knew in 2010.

Because FOOTBALL!!!

You're 14 so you have no idea about sex or money. It makes sense that you don't see or know the difference between Cam Newton taking money and Jameis Winston allegedly sexually assaulting a woman. My guess is Heisman voters aren't willing to overlook sexual assault like they are willing to overlook a player taking money - at least I hope they aren't.

Still, Winston hasn't been convicted yet, and is innocent until proven guilty I know that much. Not saying he didn't do it all, just saying there is a lot of "sketchy" details and I doubt he ever gets convicted of this crime. Plus, who do you think deserves it? Petty and Manziel both screwed up on national TV, Mariota put up a dud and injured himself in the way. Who else is there to take the trophy?

Eugene resident here. I can't wait for work on Monday when all my delusional Duck fan coworkers start working the numbers to get UO back in the title hunt.

"If Alabama, FSU, Ohio State and Baylor all lose 2 games a piece, then Oregon can play Northern Illinois for the title, and the Ducks would run away with that game."

-actually uttered by my coworker, the d+ckhead duckfan after the Stanford loss.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Because FOOTBALL!!!

Still, Winston hasn't been convicted yet, and is innocent until proven guilty I know that much. Not saying he didn't do it all, just saying there is a lot of "sketchy" details and I doubt he ever gets convicted of this crime. Plus, who do you think deserves it? Petty and Manziel both screwed up on national TV, Mariota put up a dud and injured himself in the way. Who else is there to take the trophy?

Thanks to the DNA evidence, we can confirm that there was sex. So now its down to....well...the classic manner in which rape testimony works out. Most of the "sketchy details" relate to the Tallahassee Police Department being absolutely incompetent at best and blatantly corrupt at worst.

Anyway Alabama's QB gets it for lifetime achievement. Or we give it to some Non-AQ guy with ungodly numbers.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a game by the Sun Devils. They played exactly as they had to. PAC 12 SOUTH CHAMPS!!! FOK EM, DEVS!!! Bring on The Cardinal!

Is that a typo?

This whole school is a typo. We have this on the side of the football stadium.

null_zpsb75d7e7d.jpg

I've never understood what that logo is supposed to mean - care to explain?

Because FOOTBALL!!!

Well AJ McCarron,

Besides, like Red said you're 14. Whatdo you know about "no means no" anyway? You say innocent until proven guilty. But in the eyes of the media. He's already guilty as charged. His character and reputation is already ruined. Do you really think the former winners or media want someone who "allegedly" forced him upon an unwillingy victim? Right now until details are figured out, the damage is already done

What a game by the Sun Devils. They played exactly as they had to. PAC 12 SOUTH CHAMPS!!! FOK EM, DEVS!!! Bring on The Cardinal!

Is that a typo?

null_zpsb75d7e7d.jpg

Supposed to be the trident. OR a shocker :P

Whatever, I don't think McCarron deserves that award. If I took McCarron of Alabama and replaced him with an average QB I think they'd still be a title contender. That's what they were 2 years ago. Take Winston of FSU and I don't know what you get, a good team but not great.

Is that a typo?

null_zpsb75d7e7d.jpg

Supposed to be the trident. OR a shocker :P

Reminds me of Green Day for some reason:

Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_cover.jpg

Whatever, I don't think McCarron deserves that award. If I took McCarron of Alabama and replaced him with an average QB I think they'd still be a title contender. That's what they were 2 years ago. Take Winston of FSU and I don't know what you get, a good team but not great.

That doesn't matter. What does matter is the horrible optics of giving the Heisman to a probable rapist.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Heisman voting isn't bound by law. Perception is the issue. Heisman voters don't want to vote for a player who just might be on trial for sexual assault in the near future. I'm not saying Winston won't get any votes, but there are enough voters who won't vote for him to cost him a shot at the Heisman. For example, on his show earlier this week, Dan Patrick came right out and said that the allegations against Winston will definitely influence his vote.

As far as who I think should win the Heisman? I honestly couldn't care less. In my not-so-humble opinion, the Heisman Trophy is a joke and the Heisman "race" is one of the bigger wastes of time in College Football.

"Sketchy details." God do I enjoy football apologists.

BB52Big.jpg

Personally, I think Winston is guilty and if voters do vote for him and he wins, good luck trying to get a speech from him when he's behind bars. McCarron would be my vote but only because

A.) Winston has gotten into this huge mess in ehich he cant escape

B.) Manziel just hasn't done enough to impress me; the games against Alabama and LSU were games that if he dominated, he may have had a second Heisman locked up. Instead, he lost both games.,

C.) Mariota has had two bad games in two losses to Stanford and Arizona, a game they should've won.

My top three Heisman candidates would have to be McCarron, Carlos Hyde (Ohio State), and as a "wild Card", Jordan Lynch (NIU). He has been overlooked as well as NIU. I'd like to see him swoop in and steal it, but the chances of him getting it are slim simply because he hasn't played on the National stage often.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

That doesn't matter. What does matter is the horrible optics of giving the Heisman to a probable rapist.

Well the NCAA did a marvelous job at portraying a former Heisman winner as a "scumbag who took millions in dollars and gifts from a sports agent" (Bush).

Archived