2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a win, Sun Devils. What a freaking win. Pac-12 South Champions. Amazing.

And thanks to a rare assist down in Tucson, the Pac-12 Championship game might just be in Tempe. Hot. Damn. (I may just have to make another drive out here for that one.... oh man, the parties...) And you know what? I think ASU is ready for a second shot at Stanford. Especially in Tempe.

But before all that and to secure that hosting spot, there's one more thing to do... KEEP THAT CUP! GO DEVILS! FORK UA!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Personally, I think UTSA proved this year that they're ready to get to a bowl game...I hope they file a waiver to get past that "transitional period" crap that's keeping 'em out right now.

Matter of fact, I think the whole transitional period thing needs to be reformed entirely...get rid of the playoff/bowl ineligibility for transitioning FCS-to-FBS teams, and reduce tourney ineligibility to two years for teams switching divisions (in all sports)

bYhYmxh.png

C.) Mariota has had two bad games in two losses to Stanford and Arizona, a game they should've won.

To be fair, Mariota played his heart out today. He seemed to be one of the few that truly cared for the Ducks, and one of the picks wasn't his fault, plus he was killed by WR drops.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

And thanks to a rare assist down in Tucson, the Pac-12 Championship game might just be in Tempe. Hot. Damn. (I may just have to make another drive out here for that one.... oh man, the parties...) And you know what? I think ASU is ready for a second shot at Stanford. Especially in Tempe.

But before all that and to secure that hosting spot, there's one more thing to do... KEEP THAT CUP! GO DEVILS! FORK UA!

Just a reminder the higher you are the harder the fall next week. B)

2 years ago, the Cats got pummeled at COLORADO by 20 points, and one week later went into Tempe and pulled an upset. (Though that might have been the dagger for Erickson so ASU probably wasn't too upset about it looking back). It s funny how one's perception of a team can change from one week(losing to Wazzu) then another(pummeling Oregon). It sucks cause I'm gonna hit up the illegal streams for it since its on PAC-12 network. :(

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Personally, I think UTSA proved this year that they're ready to get to a bowl game...I hope they file a waiver to get past that "transitional period" crap that's keeping 'em out right now.

Matter of fact, I think the whole transitional period thing needs to be reformed entirely...get rid of the playoff/bowl ineligibility for transitioning FCS-to-FBS teams, and reduce tourney ineligibility to two years for teams switching divisions (in all sports)

It'd be denied with prejudice. There are 70 Bowl eligible teams with 2 weeks to play and like 10 teams sitting at 5 wins. There are 35 Bowl games available. Do the math.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just a reminder the higher you are the harder the fall next week. B)

2 years ago, the Cats got pummeled at COLORADO by 20 points, and one week later went into Tempe and pulled an upset. (Though that might have been the dagger for Erickson so ASU probably wasn't too upset about it looking back). It s funny how one's perception of a team can change from one week(losing to Wazzu) then another(pummeling Oregon). It sucks cause I'm gonna hit up the illegal streams for it since its on PAC-12 network. :(

Yes, but illegal streams can be fun if done right. I speak with several years of experience on that.

spacer.png

Personally, I think Winston is guilty and if voters do vote for him and he wins, good luck trying to get a speech from him when he's behind bars. McCarron would be my vote but only because

A.) Winston has gotten into this huge mess in ehich he cant escape

B.) Manziel just hasn't done enough to impress me; the games against Alabama and LSU were games that if he dominated, he may have had a second Heisman locked up. Instead, he lost both games.,

C.) Mariota has had two bad games in two losses to Stanford and Arizona, a game they should've won.

My top three Heisman candidates would have to be McCarron, Carlos Hyde (Ohio State), and as a "wild Card", Jordan Lynch (NIU). He has been overlooked as well as NIU. I'd like to see him swoop in and steal it, but the chances of him getting it are slim simply because he hasn't played on the National stage often.

Trust me, WInston won't get convicted, FSU boosters will bribe Tallahassee police out of it.

The Heisman isn't a "career" achievement, it's for a single season. That is the single reason I don't think McCarron is a serious candidate, he's good, he's on a really good team, and people are saying he deserves it because he's won 2 (potentially 3) national titles. That destroys the principle of "Most Outstanding Player" which I think we all can agree McCarron is not.

Also, if you think A&M lost to Alabama because of Manziel, you obviously didn't watch the game, sure he threw a pick 6, but their defense couldn't stop anything.

I personally, think Winston should win, but my Top 5 consists something of Winston, Manziel, Jordan Lynch, Andre Williams, and Bishop Sankey.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Aaron Murray tore his ACL yesterday. I was rooting for that guy hard. He finally got some big wins the talking heads said he lacked and he carried his team often after key injuries. Shame it will end like that. There goes his draft stock too. Poor guy can't win.

We just won a Big Ten game for the first time since I was a sophomore! Luckily I was at a D3 playoff game so I didn't have to watch that mess of a game between Illinois and Purdue. But, hey, we got a trophy and have a chance to win another next week against another team with no conference wins.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Personally, I think Winston is guilty and if voters do vote for him and he wins, good luck trying to get a speech from him when he's behind bars. McCarron would be my vote but only because

B.) Manziel just hasn't done enough to impress me; the games against Alabama and LSU were games that if he dominated, he may have had a second Heisman locked up. Instead, he lost both games.,

My top three Heisman candidates would have to be McCarron, Carlos Hyde (Ohio State), and as a "wild Card", Jordan Lynch (NIU). He has been overlooked as well as NIU. I'd like to see him swoop in and steal it, but the chances of him getting it are slim simply because he hasn't played on the National stage often.

1. Trust me, WInston won't get convicted, FSU boosters will bribe Tallahassee police out of it.

2. Also, if you think A&M lost to Alabama because of Manziel, you obviously didn't watch the game, sure he threw a pick 6, but their defense couldn't stop anything.

1. Suuuuure they will

2. I actually did watch that game. I never said that they lost because of him though. I said that he lost. Voters will probably (no guarantee) see that he lost in the spotlight against 'Bama and see that he lost in possibly the two biggest games of the year for Texas A&M. Even if they overlook the 'Bama game, they will still see that he had a bad game against LSU

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Time for my take on things...

-Oh boy... the firestorm that's gonna blow in Gainesville will be nasty. Florida is a complete mess right now after basically getting ran over by Georgia Southern (BTW, to all Sun Belt members and other FBS schools: Take note... These guys are moving up to FBS next season. This is what you'll expect out of them) and here comes Florida State. Yes, the 'Noles have a giant cloud hanging over them and that issue is far worst then what is going on in Gainesville, but Florida State is clearly better then Florida right now. If the Seminoles don't drop 60 on the Gators next week, something is wrong here.

-Thanks for playing, Baylor. You know, it was a matter of time before someone could outgun Baylor at it's own game and here is the proof.

-Speaking of proof, once again Oregon proves that it cannot get themselves into a down and dirty brawl with physical teams. Stanford proved it earlier and now Arizona, who looked like Cherry flavored Dilly Bars yesterday (:P), did them same thing. Note to everyone: Run the ball down Oregon's throat early and often. That's how you do it.

-I cannot be the only person that wants Duke's David Cutcilffe as National Coach of the Year. Look at Duke, people. They're 9-2 and they can go to the ACC Championship with a win next week. It's one of those stories that just feels good because, let's face it, Duke couldn't win a football game for so many years. Now, that looks to change.

1. Trust me, WInston won't get convicted, FSU boosters will bribe Tallahassee police out of it.

2. Also, if you think A&M lost to Alabama because of Manziel, you obviously didn't watch the game, sure he threw a pick 6, but their defense couldn't stop anything.

1. Suuuuure they will

2. I actually did watch that game. I never said that they lost because of him though. I said that he lost. Voters will probably (no guarantee) see that he lost in the spotlight against 'Bama and see that he lost in possibly the two biggest games of the year for Texas A&M. Even if they overlook the 'Bama game, they will still see that he had a bad game against LSU

The girl's sorority house is apparently already getting threats, I wouldn't be surprised.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I believe i heard that some members of the Tallahassee PD tried to stop the victim's mother from trying to press charges.

These football apologists are the absolute worse when it comes to sexual assault. There are countless stories about this stuff happening with high school football players, where the victim are their friends/family are threatened and degrading because god forbid a rapist can't play in the state championship. I can't imagine how bad this may get with a heisman candidate at a big time football university.

jNTsTyQ.png

I'm no apologist but it seems like some of you already have Winston pegged as a guilty man and that isn't right. Public opinion be damned until he is proven to be guilty, he is innocent. In my eyes treating him or speaking of him as a guilty man is just as bad as blindly defending him. As of now it's he said, she said and until the facts come in I think we should refrain from the conversation.

SEC now has 3 of the top 5 spots in the AP polls (FSU-2nd, OSU-3rd), Baylor to 9th, Oregon 12th, Fresno State just 1 up on UCF who's 1 up on NIU, ASU up to 13th, Duke only up 1 spot to 24th, and ND replaces Ole Miss in the ranks:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

Yeah, I know, AP doesn't matter right now. But it gives a general idea what the BCS may look like

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm no apologist but it seems like some of you already have Winston pegged as a guilty man and that isn't right. Public opinion be damned until he is proven to be guilty, he is innocent. In my eyes treating him or speaking of him as a guilty man is just as bad as blindly defending him. As of now it's he said, she said and until the facts come in I think we should refrain from the conversation.

Once the DNA tests came back positive he lost the benefit of the doubt.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wouldn't say that. All it confirms is that he had sex with the accuser. What needs to be determined is if it was consensual or not. It's not illegal to have sex.

I wouldn't say that. All it confirms is that he had sex with the accuser. What needs to be determined is if it was consensual or not. It's not illegal to have sex.

You're not going to sort out since there is disputed testimony and a distinct lack of reliable witnesses. That said, given how these things typically play out I would put more weight on the woman's testimony.

Today, we are all otaku.

You're not going to sort out since there is disputed testimony and a distinct lack of reliable witnesses. That said, given how these things typically play out I would put more weight on the woman's testimony.

You are probably right. My original point was simply to refrain from speaking of Winston as if he had been named guilty. He hasn't even been charged with anything. I'm just not a fan of the court of public opinion thing.

Archived