2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

Who said that DScruggy?

Larry Scott to ESPN PAC-12 blogger, Ted Miller in July:

LS: We knew we were creating something new with the conference championship game. And our conference is not like any other conference. We're not a driving conference. We're not the SEC, we're not the Big 12, where you can plunk this game down in a central, neutral site where people can drive to it. Even the Big Ten's got that, though less so now since their recent expansion. I really believe our unique model of the home-hosted championship is the right one for us in terms of getting the best crowds and rewarding the team and their fan base for having the best record. And not having those fans buy another airline ticket and create a choice between going to the championship game or a bowl game. I really believe in my bones this is the right thing for us long term. The first year it felt like a good choice. It was not a great matchup but it was sold out. But last year's game caused me to pause. I still believe we have the best model, but I'd be the first to say that if it's not working over a period of time -- if we have more years like Stanford last year -- I'll be the first to say let's look at a different model. Because we've got people knocking down our door wanting to host a neutral-site championship game, up and down the conference. We've got plenty of options. It's been us resisting, even though there are some advantages -- knowing where it's going to be, being able to plan -- but we're going to give this model some more time before we draw a conclusion.

Well that wasn't fair to him. I never said he said anything.

Nevertheless that's good info there. I just thought that since most of the schools are located in the states along the pacific coast most match ups are just a short plane ride away. As I was typing I realized that short plane ride still would be an issue for fans to get to the site if there was one. I get it now.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the MAC held the CCG at the home of the team with the better record for quite a few years before they made Ford Field in Detroit the game site. Conference USA has been using the same format since they started playing a CCG. I'm not sure what the Mountain West is going to do for their first CCG this coming weekend. This isn't something new, it's just that no other power conference does it.

That interview is right though. Most of the PAC-12 Schools are not within ideal driving distance of each other.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Mizzou, even at (11-1) is still Mizzou. :boogie:

Don't worry, Pinkel is only hours away from another DUI.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

AP Poll:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

FSU and the Bucks are 1-2, Bama falls to 4th, Clemson, Wisconsin, and Fresno fall 7+ spots each, and TExas & Georgia replace USC & Notre Dame. The last rankings were close to the BCS standings. I expect this week to be the same.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

A bit late to the party but wow. Great win for Auburn. That was legitimately one of the best football games I've ever seen. Almost makes up for the Ti-Cats getting smacked around in the Grey Cup. Almost ;)

I believe the MAC held the CCG at the home of the team with the better record for quite a few years before they made Ford Field in Detroit the game site. Conference USA has been using the same format since they started playing a CCG. I'm not sure what the Mountain West is going to do for their first CCG this coming weekend. This isn't something new, it's just that no other power conference does it.

That interview is right though. Most of the PAC-12 Schools are not within ideal driving distance of each other.

The Mountain West is doing the same as the Pac-12 and C-USA by letting a school host. The difference is that they went to the BCS ranking to decide home field advantage right away.

It looks like the Buckeyes have enough margin to edge by Auburn, even if they beat Mizzou. Looks like 'Red will get his wish and the ability to piss of the community.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

It looks like the Buckeyes have enough margin to edge by Auburn, even if they beat Mizzou. Looks like 'Red will get his wish and the ability to piss of the community.

Well, my wish isn't just to "piss off the community." If the Buckeyes get past MSU and make the BCS NCG, I'd like to see them play well and maybe even win. Pissing off all the SEC fan boys and Ohio State haters around here is just icing on the cake. But that's all still a ways down the road. We still have a very tough game to play next weekend in Indianapolis. The law of big numbers says the Buckeyes are due for a loss. I won't be a bit surprised if that loss comes in the B1G title game. As I've told Zach more than a few times on BAFS, Michigan State screws someone in the Big Ten every season and I think it's Ohio State's turn.

BB52Big.jpg

Vegas talks:

Auburn would be 2.5 point 'dog to tOSU on neutral field.

tOSU 9.5 point underdog to FSU on neutral field.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Glad to see that Ohio State is still at #2. Again, I think FSU will handle them relatively easily if they meet in the title game, but if they're undefeated, they deserve a shot at them. And I don't think MSU has as much of a shot to knock them off as some people do. Yeah, they have a great defense, but if Miller can make the passes he needs to (that's not a given), they should be able to handle the Spartans. I just don't think Michigan State has the offense to keep up with tOSU. I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan State wins, but it would surprise me.

Here's my predictions for the BCS bowls:

NCG: #1 Florida State vs. #2 Ohio State

Rose: Stanford (Pac-12) vs. Michigan State (At-large)

Sugar: Auburn (SEC) vs. Central Florida (AAC)

Orange: Alabama (At-large) vs. Oregon (At-large)

Fiesta: Oklahoma State (Big 12) vs. Northern Illinois (At-large)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Greg, for me, It was never a question of whether Ohio State would be #2 this week, but now that it is so much closer, I question whether they'll be able to hang on through next week. Especially if your fears are confirmed and the Buckeyes struggle with Sparty and Auburn beats Mizzou.

1. Florida State (.9948)

2. Ohio State (.9503)

---

3. Auburn (.9233)

4. Alabama (.8539)

5. Missouri

6. Oklahoma State

7. Stanford

8. South Carolina

9. Baylor

10. Michigan State

11. Arizona State

12. Oregon

13. Clemson

14. Northern Illinois

---

16. UCF

My predicitions:

BCS - Florida State (#1, ACC) / Ohio State (#2, Big 10)

Rose - Arizona State (Pac-12) / Michigan State (#2 at-large replacement)

Orange - Clemson (#1 at-large replacement) / Alabama (#1 at-large choice)

Sugar - Auburn (SEC) / UCF (AAC, #2 at-large choice)

Fiesta - Oklahoma State (Big 12) / Northern Illinois (#3 at-large choice)

Well then, there's some movement.

Alabama falls out of the BCS game, and Ohio State moves up. This leaves the Orange Bowl with the #1 replacement, and the Rose Bowl with the #2 replacement. The Orange Bowl also has the #1 at-large selection, and I think no matter which way they do it, with Clemson hanging on in the top 13, the Orange Bowl will pick Clemson and Alabama in some order. The Orange Bowl likes to keep their ACC team, so Clemson fills that role. They could pick Alabama first if they fear the Rose Bowl taking them, but I think they'll be okay, and even if they do flip the picks, they'd probably still opt for Clemson.

I think the Orange Bowl would be safe even if they didn't pick Alabama first, because as long as Michigan State stays in the top 14 after the Big 10 game, the Rose Bowl will opt for the traditional Pac-12/Big 10 matchup. They've reached down before to keep that intact (2008 they picked #13 Illinois, and in 2007 they didn't exactly reach, but took #3 Michigan. Ohio State was in the BCS both years.) And I have Arizona State in there, because screw it. I'm calling my shot. ASU wins the Pac-12. Fork 'em. Go Devils.

Alabama to the Orange means UCF slides to the #2 at large for the Sugar Bowl, because of proximity for ticket sales. And with Fresno's loss, Northern Illinois solidifies its spot as the BCS Buster and goes to the Fiesta Bowl.

So now we wait for the championship game results in the ACC, Big 10, SEC, Pac-12, and MAC to nail this all down or throw it up in the air.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If Ohio State needs a blowout to assure themselves a NCG berth, they have the perfect coach for that. It would be hard to blame Urban for running up the score should that opportunity present itself.

I don't feel the least bit bad for Auburn. It's not as if they're the best team in the country with one unfortunate loss ruining their shot at a title. That's Alabama.

PJU85JF.png

I can't believe we're just over a month away from the season being over. Damn, that went by fast.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1. Florida State (.9948)

2. Ohio State (.9503)

---

3. Auburn (.9233)

4. Alabama (.8539)

5. Missouri

6. Oklahoma State

7. Stanford

8. South Carolina

9. Baylor

10. Michigan State

11. Arizona State

12. Oregon

13. Clemson

14. Northern Illinois

---

16. UCF

Ohio State should be safe with this margin.

Even if Auburn beats Missouri, I don't think they'll get as huge a boost, simply because OSU's playing #10 Michigan State. One thing to keep in mind, though....OSU doesn't need LSU jumping over Michigan State, Arizona State, and Northern Illinois should all three lose, because that does help Auburn some.

I might as well put mine up, but Still MIGHTY posted this on the last page, but this is the BCS pecking order shall OSU and FSU be granted to the NCG.

1. Orange

2. Rose

3. Orange

4. Sugar

5. Fiesta

I'm going to say Auburn beats Mizzou, I love the Tigers, but Auburn seems like a team of destiny. I believe Oklahoma St. will win Bedlam and the Big 12, Florida St. and Ohio St. win their respective league title games, and go to the title. I may be in the minority (on a board where two of the more frequent posters are ASU fans) I say Stanford beats ASU. NIU and UCF will take care of business. The automatic qualifiers would be Ohio St, Florida St, Auburn, Stanford, Oklahoma St, and UCF. NIU's position will grant them a spot, and then they'll take a couple of Top 10 at larges. Alabama will be the highest ranked at-large in this scenario. I doubt anyone will turn them down, remember Mizzou (5) and South Carolina (8) are out due to the SEC's 2 potential bids being met by Auburn and 'Bama. Michigan St and Arizona St, respectively, will fall behind Oregon and Clemson due losing their conference championship games. The Orange will want to have an ACC team, and they have 2 pick slots, I doubt the Tigers escape both.

Order would turn out like this:

1. Orange Clemson

2. Rose Alabama

3. Orange UCF

4. Sugar Baylor

5. Fiesta Northern Illinois

BCS Bowls would turn out like this:

BCS National Championship Game: Florida St. (ACC) vs. Ohio St. (B1G)

Rose: Stanford (PAC-12) vs. Alabama (At-large)

Sugar: Auburn (SEC) vs. Baylor (At-large)

Orange: Clemson (At-large) vs. UCF (American)

Fiesta: Oklahoma St. (Big 12) vs. Northern Illinois (At-large)

The Orange will definitely go for Clemson, the Rose typically likes to pick the highest ranked at-large, so Bama would make that a great matchup. Orange will want Bama to be their #3, but they will pick UCF over Baylor due to potential ticket sales. I don't think Baylor really has the fanbase to travel out to Florida for the game, but UCF while they aren't much better, they're already there. That leaves the Sugar with Baylor and NIU, where they will pick Baylor, and the Fiesta gets NIU.

Heisman:

1. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida St.

2. Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois

3. Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington

4. Andre Williams, RB, Boston College

5. Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio St.

Manziel will certainly drop out due to flopping again versus a ranked team, McCarron loses out due to missing out on a 3 year, 3 ring opportunity. Williams falls back due to injury, really sucks he gets hurt right as he gains steam. Miller was kind of a throw-in, he's on an unbeaten team, and played pretty well in his own right against Michigan on Saturday. Sankey and Lynch jump up due to typical big games, I honestly just put them there, because them themselves are probably the "Most Outstanding players" in college football. Despite the fact that Lynch plays a bunch of random-no-names each week. In short, if Jameis doesn't get convicted, he should win.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived