NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a lot of red, are we sure the clippers won't be blue, or the rockets grey, because i don't see 4 teams going red

Why not? They are not going to play against each other, are they?

well to me it's because the rockets wore grey jerseys last year for x mas, and i just like the look of the current clippers blue jerseys, and i haven't seen a leak of these two jerseys yet, and it just looked like too much red to me looking at all the jerseys together.

there is a lot of red, are we sure the clippers won't be blue, or the rockets grey, because i don't see 4 teams going red

Why not? They are not going to play against each other, are they?

well to me it's because the rockets wore grey jerseys last year for x mas, and i just like the look of the current clippers blue jerseys, and i haven't seen a leak of these two jerseys yet, and it just looked like too much red to me looking at all the jerseys together.

Rockets were said to be red with black trim.

If I see any Wizards ones over the next few days, I'll see what I can do. I fear the worst with a Wizards one, tho.

Huh huh huh... Wizards sleeves.

If I see any Wizards ones over the next few days, I'll see what I can do. I fear the worst with a Wizards one, tho.

Huh huh huh... Wizards sleeves.

I did not get the joke..........so i had to google it.........

bad idea .........in a crowded library

The Knicks have an Orange sleeved jersey, with a blue logo with "KNICKS" and the basketball in white. Once again, my iPad won't let me upload a picture

Here

Looks purple. Bad lighting?

I actually love how the logo looks in monochrome.

I do too. I think they should make all the grey in their current logo orange. Grey looks whack on it.

Here are the Rockets Christmas alts. Just as disappointing as i'm sure most of you suspected.

VjgQJaB.jpg

Any word on what the shorts will look like for these?

i honestly am confused by the hate of these...

they're nothing at all like the usual aesthetic of the NBA, but aren't we all in agreement that basketball uniforms are the most bland and forgettable of the big 4?

hockey jerseys and soccer jerseys are almost unanimously loved. these uniforms look like a cross between the two. i think it's a path the nba might be wise to continue to head down.

that bulls logo especially looks fantastic when centered on the chest of a uniform.

if they start making the shirts a little less awkwardly cut, and have them flow with the rest of the uniform, i'd be perfectly fine with this being the new aesthetic of basketball. certainly beats the wife-beater-with-number-wordmark-and-side-panels template that is the norm.

they're nothing at all like the usual aesthetic of the NBA, but aren't we all in agreement that basketball uniforms are the most bland and forgettable of the big 4?

hockey jerseys and soccer jerseys are almost unanimously loved. these uniforms look like a cross between the two. i think it's a path the nba might be wise to continue to head down.

that bulls logo especially looks fantastic when centered on the chest of a uniform.

if they start making the shirts a little less awkwardly cut, and have them flow with the rest of the uniform, i'd be perfectly fine with this being the new aesthetic of basketball. certainly beats the wife-beater-with-number-wordmark-and-side-panels template that is the norm.

Basketball design kind resembled hockey design in the 90s. And that's like the worst era of basketball design.

These are more bland and plain then even the most simple Nba sleeveless jersey. If you take away the logo it just looks like a red v neck with ugly piping.

They could've done a way better job with these.

oh i agree that these themselves are nothing to write home about. i'm just talking about the sleeved concept to begin. sleeves with a big primary logo on the chest and the number moved to the sleeve seems like a really doable idea to me.

The Knicks have an Orange sleeved jersey, with a blue logo with "KNICKS" and the basketball in white. Once again, my iPad won't let me upload a picture

Here

Looks purple. Bad lighting?

I actually love how the logo looks in monochrome.

I do too. I think they should make all the grey in their current logo orange. Grey looks whack on it.

Here are the Rockets Christmas alts. Just as disappointing as i'm sure most of you suspected.

VjgQJaB.jpg

Any word on what the shorts will look like for these?

Not bad.

Jaguars

Saw Wizards highlights tonight. Still can't read the numbers on the backs of the jerseys because of the dark silver outlines. You fixed the wrong problem, idjits.

Commenting on the sleeved jerseys isn't even worth my time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I just downloaded the NBA Gametime app and there are some random logo quirks. They are likely meaningless, but for what it's worth:

The NYK token is still being used (I still really like that logo for the Knicks).

The Bucks logo is the green deer on a green background. (No red.)

The Nets logo is on a gray background.

The Pelicans logo is on a teal background.

And those are just the ones I noticed while glancing at the Bulls schedule in the app for the first time.

Probably just oversights or outright mistakes, so in Milwaukee's case, it's probably not a sign of things to come. But i it's the NBA's official app, not some newspaper or TV station that failed to update their logo files for years.

I would say that baseball uniforms generally tend to be more bland than basketball uniforms.

That being said, the overall aesthetic of the NBA is pretty bland nowadays for many reasons - the retro-for-retro's-sake fad, the overabundance of red/white/blue color schemes and the color navy in general, the Rev30 switch that forced every team to pick from a select few generic collar designs while doing away with unique details like the Grizzlies' inline numbers and the Hawks' beveled numbers - but the lack of sleeves and hockey-style crests is not one of them.

The bottom line is that basketball is not hockey and it's not soccer. The accepted aesthetic at every level of the sport is a tank-top style jersey and shorts. While teams have experimented with sleeves in the past, it's never caught on for a reason, and judging from the reaction from players and fans, Adidas isn't making it catch on now either.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived