NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought that the nickname matchup wasn't gonna happen due to the fact that the Nets ended up sucking.

Exactly. Makes the nickname gimmick completely irrelevant on their part.

Yes, but Stern speaks in dollars. And some kid somewhere in Brooklyn NY will love the idea of a "D-Will #8" jersey because it's "swag."

I'd get a "Big Dick Parsons" player T if the rockets offered it. I don't think this is too bad for a one game thing.

Will the Raptors have special uniforms for that night?

The hawks and Nets play 2 games in England, does anybody know if they will wear special uniforms?

Teams don't normally wear special unis when they play over here, but I'm guessing there'll be some kind of patch on the jerseys.

It's just 1 game, by the way. I was going to go, but I'm not sure I want to travel all that way just to see the Nets & Hawks...

Also, have the Celtics worn their alternate jersey this year, the Green and Black one? I heard somebody earlier in the year say they haven't.

I think the only time they have so far was at home vs Cleveland on November 29.

I'm still angry that the beautiful St. Pat's alts will be sleeved.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I really don't like the thought of the Raptors stepping into the black and gold arena. Of course, that would fill an NBA color void, so maybe it wouldn't be a complete abomination, provided they do it right. (IMO I'm not sure if you can ride the jock of a popular "trend" the right way though).

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

(IMO I'm not sure if you can ride the jock of a popular "trend" the right way though).

The Brooklyn Nets (and some would say the Charlotte Hornicats ;) ) seem to think you can.

I see where Brooklyn rode this overdone train of minimalism, but what trend is Charlotte riding? I guess maybe a slight 90's resurgence what with snapbacks and all, but purple and teal don't seem to be making a push to the forefront of our culture again anytime soon. (I'm also less then unbiased so....) What am I missing here, Cap?

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

The Hornets brand. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that the Hornets resurgence popped up the same time that a resurgence of 90s trends began. Nostalgia for teal and purple and Starter jackets seems to be a trend or fad to me.

Give the new Hornets a couple of losing seasons and this excitement about the rebrand will dissipate once people realize they're still the Bobcats.

The Hornets brand. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that the Hornets resurgence popped up the same time that a resurgence of 90s trends began. Nostalgia for teal and purple and Starter jackets seems to be a trend or fad to me.

Give the new Hornets a couple of losing seasons and this excitement about the rebrand will dissipate once people realize they're still the Bobcats.

they are doing well this year, and i could see it continuing, they certainly won't win any championships as long as superstars are loading up on select teams, but i could see them making the playoffs every year as a 4-8 seed

Archived