Rare team matchups

10 hours ago, johnnysama said:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/sep-1997-eddie-george-of-the-tennessee-oilers-is-tackled-by-shawn-of-picture-id315557 - This gem is from 1997, this is the only time the (newly-rechristened) Tennessee Oilers met the refreshed Miami Dolphins.

Wow, those '97 Dolphins unis had the worst number spacing ever

• Like 2

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2013 at 1:05 PM, TheOldRoman said:

And that's the best both teams have ever looked. Sadly, both got Nikefied the next season.

That shade of blue for Denver was beautiful!!!! And reminds me of childhood!!

Ready? First season of the Ducks, and the last season for all these unis. Of course, the ducks met the Nucks, Wild, and Sens in the playoffs that year, so not totally rare, but many of these are the only matchups ever. Although, you could say it was the only season for the Ducks against every other team because EDGE changed all designs.

arnott_3rdJersey.jpg

img9861868.jpg

72918459.jpg

74426549_slide.jpg

72817382.jpg

72893601.jpg

72938626.jpg

73496030.jpg

76019246.jpg

The LA Rams vs the Oakland Raiders.

Or maybe it's the LA Rams vs the LA Raiders

Or maybe it's the LA Rams vs the Las Vegas Raiders

Or the STL Rams vs the Oakland Raiders.

Either way, no matter what happens this jersey matchup will look the exact same the next two years. Stupid NFL

tempAP154815921817_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

• Like 2

8879175.jpg?size=640x420

Another rarity: The Vancouver Canucks third-generation 'flying skate' uniform set (BONUS: the third jersey pictured worn in the last two years of that uniform set) met the first-year Phoenix Coyotes for only one season (four games, to be exact) in the 1996-97 season.

• Like 4

UBwef0L.png

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/center-dikembe-mutombo-of-the-denver-nuggets-fights-for-position-a-picture-id1400343

Another rarity: These two uniform sets, the last year of the Denver Nuggets "rainbow" set and the first year of the Phoenix Suns' first-genration "sunburst" unis coincided in the 1992-93 season only (for four games at that).

• Like 3

UBwef0L.png

The Kings/Canes and Nuggets/Suns ones are great examples for this thread. They feel like complete clash of eras. This is my favorite thread in the forum. 

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Every now and again I look for NHL match-ups that fall in this thread. I'm not sure if it was one of the sets listed a few pages back, but the Mighty Ducks met the Boston Bruins two times in 1993-94 and not at all in 1995 (lockout). Not a great picture, but it's the best that I could find. 

998-t1586194-340.jpg

No pictures found of the Ducks eggplant set versus the white Bruins jersey.

MightyDucks1.png Bruins36.png

Edited by TheLAKnight
Missed October 15, 1993 game