Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez convicted on murder charges

Still MIGHTY

Unanimous verdict has been reached. Guessing he's going away for a long time.

edit: Guilty on all counts, life in prison, no parole.

Good. Justice for the Lloyd family, and a scumbag gets put away for life. And he's on trial again for the double murder which likely prompted this one.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the verdict is wrong. To me there is not enough evidence that he did it and in this case he should have been aquitted. He should be a free man now.

Okay, dude who wasn't on the jury.

Thank you. Nothing bothers me more when people try to question the verdict of the trial, when they don't have all of the facts. The reality is that the jurors get to see more information and evidence that regular people like ourselves don't have. They didn't pick a verdict out of a hat.

I think the verdict is wrong. To me there is not enough evidence that he did it and in this case he should have been aquitted. He should be a free man now.

He still had a ton of illegal gun charges. There's no way he would've been a free man.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

In Massachusetts law, all they had to prove was that he was there. Couple that with the overwhelming evidence that he led the victim there on purpose, it's really an easy decision based on the law. Once the defense admitted that Hernandez was at the scene of the crime, his fate was sealed.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

He still had a ton of illegal gun charges. There's no way he would've been a free man.

Had he somehow beaten the murder rap, he'd actually have been given credit for time served, which means he'd be released before the end of 2015 on the other convictions.

nav-logo.png

Another thought... the phrase "Aaron Hernandez, Tight End" will now apply to him forever, though it'll have nothing to do with his ability on the gridion.

Well, since we're going down that road, he'll soon be making a switch to wide receiver.

I think he is going to be raped in prison.

Had he somehow beaten the murder rap, he'd actually have been given credit for time served, which means he'd be released before the end of 2015 on the other convictions.

Well, I think he'd have stayed in prison until he was cleared of every charge. I was reading some article where he was facing like 5-6 other cases had he been found Not Guilty on this first case, and each more perilous for Hernandez's cause. This was the one trial where he actually had a decent shot of winning, the way I understood it.

Not that it really matters now. The state has as much time as they need to build a case for that double-murder. Hernandez has time on his hands, and is no longer a flight risk.

As for Hernandez being a rape victim in prison....doubt it. Dude is still an athlete. He's no kicker.

The jury came to this conclusion despite officially not being allowed to know he was also up on double homicide charges for another case and shot another best friend in the face. (I guess that best friend kind of sucks at rolling blunts.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Another thought... the phrase "Aaron Hernandez, Tight End" will now apply to him forever, though it'll have nothing to do with his ability on the gridion.

Well, since we're going down that road, he'll soon be making a switch to wide receiver.

I think he is going to be raped in prison.

People should be talking more about what a good poster Cosmic is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Damn shame what happened to that clnahsgehperrosct guy. At least Cosmic can pick up the slack.

(I can't even vaguely guess how to spell the other name.)

crlachepinochet, if I remember correctly.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived