NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Our Chicago constituency has to be loving this 1st quarter.

As someone with Chicago's defense in fantasy, I am LOVING this game.

*sigh*......

No One Cares About Your Fantasy Team.

:P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just, well, jarring. This Steelers team is absolutely horrible. Like, I can't even remember during my football viewing lifetime seeing a Steelers team this bad. They were pretty bad in the late '90s, but that's fuzzy memory to me. The last losing season Pittsburgh had was in 2003. This team sucks.

I still see them coming back. There's still a whole half to play and Chicago's offense is stumbling a bit.

Pittsburgh would have to score to come back, and they're not doing that. Roethlisberger can't win a game all by himself through the air. And because they just can't run the ball (or hold into it) that's what the Steelers would have to do. He simply can't do that, especially with that receiving corps.

Chicago would have to do it for the Steelers, which I don't see them doing up 17 against a bad team. They can play as conservative as they want the rest of the way and salt this thing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'll admit it's gonna take time for me to get used to seeing a white guy with glasses instead of Lovie on the sideline for the Bears.

Without a doubt, the league's nerdiest looking head coach since Brad Childress.

But ya know, that almost worked for the Vikes, if not for one Brettfavre.

6uXNWAo.png

It seems like a lot of the concerns about the Bears with their whole "Canadian league coach lol lol lol" might've been a bit overstated.

The defense is as solid as ever, and now they're showing a very efficient offensive structure. Bonus for them that they are two games up on Green Bay already in the NFC North.

spacer.png

Man, Brian Hoyer didn't look half bad. 3 TD's for Jordan Cameron, I'm really proud of owning him in all of my fantasy leagues. Also, Andy Dalton is my new favorite ginger.

No Hoyer is terrible. He threw 3 picks that should have cost them the game and couldn't do anything in the 2nd half. He'll do the same thing next week and people will be yelling for Weeden or Jason Campbell.

Shouldn't you be drunk off your ass partying because a Pittsburgh team is 0-3?

/Don't know where the hell the Browns win today came from but I'm sure as hell not gonna bitch about things. But I'm pretty sure that's all you're programmed to do so there's that.

//Full disclosure, I've watched maybe 10 minutes of NFL this year so there's that.

6fQjS3M.png

The Pittsburgh Steelers are 0-3 and they're a bad 0-3. This is great.

So what constitutes a good 0-3 team?
Not that strange a concept, and I didn't think Id have to explain that, but I will.

There's good 0-3 teams all the time. "Good" is a relative term. Obviously if they were better they'd have a win, but it's a team where you can tell they have the pieces but for whatever reason they lost their first three games. That could mean they got a bad break with their schedule and had to play all playoff teams, could mean they played three close games and lost each one in the random coin toss ness of the modern nfl, it could mean they're a young team with a new coach just trying to figure it out (such as the 03 bengals).

Point is, there's a difference between teams who have lost their first three games because they're not a good team, and then there's teams that just haven't caught a break.

There's also such a thing as a bad 3-0 team. The 2009 Broncos, who were actually a bad 6-0 team, come to mind.

PvO6ZWJ.png

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/19/mia-nfl-super-bowl-xlvi-halftime-legal-war/?sct=obnetwork

The Hollywood Reporter reports that the league has been “waging secret legal war” against M.I.A., seeking $1.5 million and a public apology. Her lawyer, Howard King, told the Reporter that M.I.A. “plans to launch a public war on the mega-powerful football league”.

“She is going to go public with an explanation of how ridiculous it was for the NFL and its fans to devote such furor to this incident,” King said, “while ignoring the genocide occurring in her home country and several other countries, topics she frequently speaks to.” M.I.A. (real name Mathangi Arulpragasam) is half-Sri Lankan.

King continued, lambasting the NFL for spending time on this issue:

“Of course, the NFL’s claimed reputation for wholesomeness is hilarious, in light of the weekly felonies committed by its stars, the bounties placed by coaches on opposing players, the homophobic and racist comments uttered by its players, the complete disregard for the health of players and the premature deaths that have resulted from same, and the raping of public entities ready to sacrifice public funds to attract teams.”

Yeah, go M.I.A.

Now I'm confused about MIA. While I appreciate her pointing out lunacy in the NFL, I'm not sure how to square her at the Super Bowl halftime show having anything to do with genocide in Sri Lanka. Unless, I'm supposed to always think about genocide in Sri Lanka whenever I see MIA.

I suppose maybe her point is that the NFL would be better off using its resources to bring attention to atrocities in Sri Lanka, since literally nothing could be less important than worrying about M.I.A. flipping the bird a year and a half ago. I dunno, though. Honestly, M.I.A. is kind of a silly twit, but she still looks better in this than the big dumb NFL, freaking out about a harmless gesture while engaged in the business of maiming people to sell beer.

And you know what? I can only think of a handful of NFL games that I enjoyed more than "Paper Planes."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Steelers may finish around 4-12 at this rate.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Steelers may finish around 4-12 at this rate.

While they're older, I don't believe 4-12 is an accurate assessment. That's Cleveland Browns level. They're more of a 7-9 team from what I've seen. Big Ben is still very good.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived