NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not be so sure about that, the Steelers line is horrible and their defense has not been able to force any turnovers, those are two combonations that will help the Vikings.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is one of my 5 favorite Bengals plays ever.

Packers-Fumble-Bengals-Return-TD.gif

If you can find it, the radio replay of this play is even better.

Oh yeah. https://soundcloud.com/dan-hoard/newman-fumble-return-td

Dave Lapham is friends with my dad going back to their radio station days in the late 80's. I love his unwavering and unapologetic homerism. It works so well for local radio. It's like listening to one of your dad's friends watch the game in his living room.

My friends and I were so pumped they stopped them on 4th and inches that it wasn't until Newman was around the 30 before we stopped looking at each other and high fiving and realized it was going to end in a touchdown. It was great.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Pittsburgh Steelers are 0-3 and they're a bad 0-3. This is great.

So what constitutes a good 0-3 team?
The '92 Chargers started 0-4, made the playoffs, and won a playoff game, so I guess they'd qualify.

They will still manage to finish with a winning record. I fully expect them to beat the Vikings next week. No way they'd end up 0-4.

A winning record is a bit much, but 7-9 or 8-8 wouldn't shock me.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This is one of my 5 favorite Bengals plays ever.

Packers-Fumble-Bengals-Return-TD.gif

If you can find it, the radio replay of this play is even better.

Oh yeah. https://soundcloud.com/dan-hoard/newman-fumble-return-td

Dave Lapham is friends with my dad going back to their radio station days in the late 80's. I love his unwavering and unapologetic homerism. It works so well for local radio. It's like listening to one of your dad's friends watch the game in his living room.

My friends and I were so pumped they stopped them on 4th and inches that it wasn't until Newman was around the 30 before we stopped looking at each other and high fiving and realized it was going to end in a touchdown. It was great.

Thanks for finding that. While I'm not a Bengals fan, I can absolutely appreciate pure unadulterated homer announcing.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

So if RG3 hits the ground untoched, and the ground causes a fumble, that's a fumble. Man, the NFL has the stupidest rules.

That's not stupid at all. He dove forward untouched instead of sliding. Would you have called it stupid if nobody touched him and he got up and ran some more? The ball was live.

The final play of Titans-Chargers sums up the Philip Rivers-era in San Diego.

Not sure that's fair. It was a frustrating loss for San Diego but the WR clearly pushed off on the defender. Receivers get away with that all the time.

Don't look now. Colin Kaepernick's team is 3-0!

kaep_miami.jpg

That was greatness.

Nice win by the Dolphins. Looking forward to next Monday night.

As for Atlanta...this isn't a shot, it's a fact...they're front-runners in games. Jump out to a lead, level off, flame out. Unless they can change that somehow it's going to be an interesting season.

I'll be watching Bengals-Packers either on Rewind or NFL Replay (it'll surely be one of the games).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So if RG3 hits the ground untoched, and the ground causes a fumble, that's a fumble. Man, the NFL has the stupidest rules.

That's not stupid at all. He dove forward untouched instead of sliding. Would you have called it stupid if nobody touched him and he got up and ran some more? The ball was live.

Exactly. This isn't college; the ball and play aren't dead until someone is down by contact (or out of bounds, or has scored, etc.). Yes, the ground can cause a fumble on a play not whistled dead. That's common sense.

spacer.png

I want a gif of Cutler plowing over the Steelers corner. I may not be a Cutler fan, but that was awesome.

This is one of the reasons my feelings towards Cutler yo-yo back and forth. I've always know what he COULD be, it's just that he's never put it all together.

Anyway, here are two gifs that show a play that had me jump out of my seat last night. However, it probably wasn't smart of Cutler to lead with his throwing shoulder, but he's fine, so I'll just enjoy it for what it is.

Jay-Cutler-trucks-Robert-Golden.gif

Jay-Cutler-trucks-Robert-Golden-1.gif

cutlerhit.gif

Ouch, how is that even possible? I read on ESPN that they had to have shave down the bone (it was exposed) and sow it up.

He put up pictures of it.

I'm going to place it in the spoiler tags. They are definitely NSFW or Not Safe For A Soft Stomach. I've warned you before you click on it. Remember. Warned.

WARNED. I told you!

original.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived