NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

If the fanbase could at least avoid wearing Cardinals T-Shirts for one day that would help. Particularly when the Cardinals have the day off and the Rams are playing a team that uses red as its primary color.

We have that same phenomenon in Columbus where people wear red Ohio State gear to Blue Jackets games when they're playing the Red Wings. Drives me nuts.

Go one day without wearing something OSU. Just wear a blue shirt, everybody has a blue shirt. Oh it's cold out and you're only winter coat is an Ohio State starter jacket? Grow the f*** up and get a regular normal adult human winter jacket that doesn't have a logo on it you doofus.

I've never understood why people wear OSU gear to pro games. So many Buckeye jerseys at Indians and Browns games just makes them look dumb. Just because you are attending a sporting event doesn't mean you wear just any random jersey. I'm sure it's not unique to OSU, but in Pennsylvania people don't feel the need to wear Penn State jerseys to Steeler games.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that is exceedingly stupid. But let's not Joe Strauss it and pretend that a handful of people represent the fanbase. Walking through the dome I didn't notice anybody wearing Cardinals gear (besides a navy hat, which isn't so bad).

I believe and guarantee some people were, just saying it's not a big issue.

And I almost don't blame them. For the 2.5 glorious seconds when they begin to doze off during Brian Schoettenheimer's offensive thriller, they caught a glimpse of their Cardinals t-shirt and got to forget where they were.

There was a lot of red in that lower bowl last night. And it didn't all look like seats or Niner fans.

You may be right. I was in the upper bowl. But it was still mostly fans wearing blue. And I'd actually suspect most of the red was Niners fans. There were more than a few there.

If the fanbase could at least avoid wearing Cardinals T-Shirts for one day that would help. Particularly when the Cardinals have the day off and the Rams are playing a team that uses red as its primary color.

We have that same phenomenon in Columbus where people wear red Ohio State gear to Blue Jackets games when they're playing the Red Wings. Drives me nuts.

Go one day without wearing something OSU. Just wear a blue shirt, everybody has a blue shirt. Oh it's cold out and you're only winter coat is an Ohio State starter jacket? Grow the f*** up and get a regular normal adult human winter jacket that doesn't have a logo on it you doofus.

I've never understood why people wear OSU gear to pro games. So many Buckeye jerseys at Indians and Browns games just makes them look dumb. Just because you are attending a sporting event doesn't mean you wear just any random jersey. I'm sure it's not unique to OSU, but in Pennsylvania people don't feel the need to wear Penn State jerseys to Steeler games.

I think these are mainly based on popularity and fan bases.

First is popularity. Yes, around here, we have Browns and Bengals fans, but most people around here are more likely to either root for the Steelers or Ohio State. There is a pretty strong hatred for Cincy around here (by that I mean the Bengals) and I think its been stronger here lately partially because the Bengals have simply just been better than Pittsburgh. But back to the Ohio State jersey thing, I think its because if someone around here had the choice between Ohio State and either the Browns or Bengals, 99% of the time someone will choose OSU over the NFL teams.

The second is Fan bases. Pittsburgh (despite my hatred towards them) has a really strong an base and is probably the strongest amongst the Top 4 Leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL). Cleveland doesn't and Cincinnati's isn't really that strong either in my opinion. For Cleveland, everyone is expecting them to fail after the first loss and are surprised when they win (this past weekend for example). For Cincinnati, have a bit of a bandwagon this year with a lot of people expecting them to be "Super Bowl Contenders", which really isn't something they are used to. They are used to being 3rd in the Division during the Palmer era. Now its the Dalton era, and they are all ready to pounce (no pun intended) But as soon as Cincinnati gets the Wild Card or doesn't get the first-round playoff bye, that bandwagon will get awfully light. Now, with Ohio State, that's a totally different story. They are always expecting a Big Ten Title and a national championship caliber team. They have high expectations and, since they have been used to winning, the school has a tremendously large fan base. Since they are expected to win, and Cincy + Cleveland have had a bad past (still going on for Cleveland), people are more likely to root for the winners.

*** This statement is all opinion with no solid facts. The "fan base" described is that of local residents, friends, and family of mine and do not necessarily describe the fan bases of the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cleveland Browns, the Pittsburgh Steelers, or the Ohio State Buckeyes.***

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Yes, that is exceedingly stupid. But let's not Joe Strauss it and pretend that a handful of people represent the fanbase. Walking through the dome I didn't notice anybody wearing Cardinals gear (besides a navy hat, which isn't so bad).

I believe and guarantee some people were, just saying it's not a big issue.

And I almost don't blame them. For the 2.5 glorious seconds when they begin to doze off during Brian Schoettenheimer's offensive thriller, they caught a glimpse of their Cardinals t-shirt and got to forget where they were.

There was a lot of red in that lower bowl last night. And it didn't all look like seats or Niner fans.

You may be right. I was in the upper bowl. But it was still mostly fans wearing blue. And I'd actually suspect most of the red was Niners fans. There were more than a few there.

Most of the fans wearing red were 9ers fans. I was in the lower bowl on the side of the field with the Thursday Night Football stage and there must have been 40% 49ers fans in the few sections around and above me. The whole stadium started chanting "let's go Niners." Ridiculous. I'm so done with our football team. It's embarrassing to have the stadium filled with opposing fans and to let them chant for their team. We need to fill the dome with Rams fans and we can't even do that.

Yeah I remember the fans were booing a questionable call against the Niners late in the game. That's not a good thing. I thought the crowd was going to be better since it was a big game against a bitter rival. Then again it was like this exactly a year ago against the Jets. The crowd was very red from the start, and it got louder and louder as the game went on. Of course in that one a certain #15 shouldve got some playing time because Mr. Buttfumble was dreadful.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

To be fair, the crowd was made up primarily of Rams fans and Rams fans were very into the game pretty much up until San Fran went up 21-3. There sizable amount of SF fans that were there then become the majority as disgusted Rams fans filed out.

We certainly CAN fill the dome with Rams fans. But it ain't gonna happen with such miserable football on the field. Rams are doing a lot of things right off the field to build this fan base. None of it matters if they don't do something right on the field.

Right now it's just amazing they're selling the tickets.

One does wonder at times how the Cardinals sold tickets in the 1970s and early 90s.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How did the free bree promo go for Jacksonville? Blackout?

I might buy a ticket if I got free brie. That stuff is delicious.

But would that work in Jacksonville? San Francisco or Seattle, sure. Seems like they'd have better luck with free ranch dressing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ummm....Chicago? What the hell is going on?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived