2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Never seen anything like that in my life, and just really summed up the issues with the shootout.

A 15-round shootout with a grand total of one goal scored? Or am I missing more?

The game had fights and rough stuff and the competition level was pretty high for a pre-season game and then it got to the shoot-out and not a player there other than Enroth and Reimer cared, or really tried.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the first point, couldn't you extrapolate that to saying that it's disadvantageous to host NBA basketball, since that requires bringing in the retractable seats that wouldn't be there for concerts, circuses, expos, wrestling, whatever else necessitates pulling the seats back? I mean, it seems like a necessary evil of a multipurpose facility that you're going to have to do a lot of messing around with seating configurations.

Retractable not only goes inside and out, but also raising/lowering.

Should an owner want to build an arena and never want hockey, one end's seats can be built permanently (and the space below those seats can be used for a tournament locker room instead of being dead space). One end will always be retractable.

The hardest seats to sell (mainly to season ticket holders) are these seats on the retractable sections because of all the extra issues a non-fixed seat presents. No cupholders, less-padded seats, noisy and wobbly whenever people walk up/down the aisle.....

Okay, gotcha. But this is all pretty hypothetical, isn't it? How many major 15,000-and-up arenas don't have icemaking capability? The only one I think might not is the Palace of Auburn Hills, and they used to have an ice plant but gave it up. Oh, and the Tacoma Dome, which is a strange duck among arenas.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

fuuuuuuuuuck

Poor Oilers will never get it together. At least he's only their fifth-best forward.

Oh, and Grebeshkov is back. MacTavish and Lowe are gonna kill me.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Yeah, those awful Oilers fans are just the scourge of the earth, and the worst part is they're everywhere and you can't even go to the corner store without bumping into some jerk in a Kelly Buchberger sweater.

I see that it was the human-resembling Zack Kassian who did it. :censored: the Canucks and their fans.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There was a rivalry during the Burke era over the Dustin Penner offer sheet. Lot of words exchanged between Burke and Lowe, including a challenge of a barn fight. Burke refused to trade with the Oilers after that.

There is a thing now with Justin Schultz waiting out and duping the Ducks, exercising a CBA loophole to be a free agent and sign with Edmonton.

It's not exactly a strong rivalry and more of a single player "hate" type thing. So, me personally, I wouldn't say :censored: the Oilers AND their fans. But I do wish ill on Justin Schultz and don't necessarily mind if they lose.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Good, :censored: the Oilers and their fans.

Is there some Edmonton/Anaheim rivalry I haven't heard about? Or are you still bitter about 2006?

Then again... maybe the Oilers are still bitter about Chris Pronger?
Yup. And Penner didn't really work out(lazy dumbass can only play in Cali)

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

That has just become the most masturbated-to video in Ontario.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived