2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Datsyuk's first of the year:

8v4lcTa.gif

Ugh, I wish he played for someone other than Detroit so I wouldn't have to hate him so much.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What's going to happen after the coaches get into it, though?

Well there was that time back in 1979, when player benches were still on opposite sides of the ice, that Tom McVie (Jets) tried to scale the boards and run across the ice to get to an opposing coach, but the task was aborted when he slipped and fell, lost his false teeth, and had to get a spare set out of the dressing room.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So, I don't think I've asked this before, but Stars fans; what can I expect out of Loui Eriksson this season and beyond?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This is definitely my Avs homerism, but I thought it was a nice change of pace.

Granted, it was uncalled for, over the top, and a tad dangerous. But it was nice to see someone in the Avs organization actually care about a game.

For the past couple years it's felt like everyone involved with the Avs were just waiting for the season to end, and while Roy is bat :censored: crazy, I'm just glad that someone cares about what's going on.

jNTsTyQ.png

Roy isn't gonna make it through the year. Mark this post.

I'm hoping last night was just the tip of the iceberg. I hope it's a majestic, fiery exercise in coaching insanity/spectacle.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

... but if that stanchion is held up better, does this really get any attention at all? Coaches yell at each other sometimes; nobody says they're going to be fired midseason because of it. I think this was just Roy establishing himself. He can't keep this up every night. This clip below is the worst coach "fight" I can remember, and I don't think anyone got fined or anything. It was forgotten the day after.

First time for everything, I guess... The Wild actually open their season tonight on national TV. And here I thought that privilege was exclusively reserved for the Blackhawks, Red Wings and Metropolitan Division teams. :hockeysmiley:

Then again, they are playing against Los Angeles...

CCSLC signature.png

Patrick Roy was my favorite player growing up and the reason I became an Avs fan in 95. It's a great story having him and Sakic running the organization, but I don't see him lasting long either. I worry that his temper and inexperience will hurt us more than help.

Calgary were up 3-0 on Washington at the first intermission. Something tells me that the word around the league that the Capitals are actually going to miss the playoffs and not just make the playoffs only to lose pathetically in the first round is true....

25yzwqg.png

Caps should be largely fine, but they don't have a third pairing if Jack Hillen is out for significant time. They don't even have a third pairing if he isn't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Stars handed out victory green shirts (and apparently we are compelled to call it "victory green" at all times) to every possible ticketholder, so in an inverse to the old joke, there are a lot of empty seats dressed as fans.

I don't like the Stars' uniforms in action. They're just the St. Patrick's Day Blackhawks. That's it.

Capitals got themselves right back into it, I see.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived