Raptors : Bound For Change? Yep!

Generic

I don't understand how Drake can rebrand a basketball team. Aside from being a rapper and famous, what will he bring to the table? It's not the same as Jay-Z because he is a very successful entrepreneur, businessman, marketer and brand director. Much like Dr. Dre and Diddy, the guy knows how to make money.

Probably going to throw some ideas at the designers, let them do the work and slap his name on it saying it was his design

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing to do would be to use the Maple Leafs' plain blue and white. It would be clean, classy, and iconic: the CCSLC's three favorite things!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The best thing to do would be to use the Maple Leafs' plain blue and white. It would be clean, classy, and iconic: the CCSLC's three favorite things!

So, the Brooklyn Nets with blue in place of black, then? :P

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

35jwax4.jpg

Rapshome.png

3310lcp.jpg

I saw these on the boards year or two ago and ABSOLUTELY LOVE em! Especially the second one without the dinosaur on it! Anyone else think these would work!

Minus the middle one, these look great and I think would work fine. My only tweak would be to use straight pinstripes but I think it would look decent either way.

jt2.jpg

haven't seen these posted here got them from raptorsrepubilic but the one in the middle with space needle skyline ala Denver would look incredible with Purple white and red even a lil blue but please NO MORE red white and blue teams!!

Especially for a Canadian team.

Also, why don't people use the Rev30 template when designing NBA jerseys?

while browsing around for interesting Raps logo concepts came across this, haha:

toronto_raptors_logo_fixed_by_samsaxton-

You know, I wouldn't be opposed to this. We have a better idea of what raptors look like now then we did when the team was established. So why not update things a bit?

jt2.jpg

haven't seen these posted here got them from raptorsrepubilic but the one in the middle with space needle skyline ala Denver would look incredible with Purple white and red even a lil blue but please NO MORE red white and blue teams!!

First point, it's the CN Tower, not the Space Needle.

Second point, the colours of Toronto's city flag are blue, white, and red, and Toronto teams have a long history of wearing blue and white. A blue and white uniform with touches of red wouldn't be completely out of left field for a Toronto-based team.

Third point. Skyline designs are stupid. Denver gets a pass because it's kind of their "thing," but it's not a trend I want to see become popular.

jt2.jpg

Second point, the colours of Toronto's city flag are blue, white, and red, and Toronto teams have a long history of wearing blue and white. A blue and white uniform with touches of red wouldn't be completely out of left field for a Toronto-based team.

Third point. Skyline designs are stupid. Denver gets a pass because it's kind of their "thing," but it's not a trend I want to see become popular.

I live in Seattle. I know it's not the Space Needle. My point was that so many teams are RWB because it's 'merica.

jt2.jpg

I live in Seattle. I know it's not the Space Needle. My point was that so many teams are RWB because it's 'merica.

I was referring to Shadojoker calling it the Space Needle. My apologies for the mix-up.

As for the red, white, and blue thing I think a primarily blue and white scheme with touches of red would avoid the "AMERICA!" connotations. It's still not my first choice though. I'd rather see a return to purple/red/black or going with the Leafs' blue and white.

Space needle..CN tower..whatever. I'm at work I didn't have time to look up Toronto landmarks. I know the diff btwn Seattle and Toronto.. btw I do know that rwb is being whored out by so many American teams so to have a Canadian team use that as their "national" colors too would be overkill.

Sure both of "us" are in North America but man there are too many color schemes out the for teams to have more unique identities! Ie when I see red and black I think Chicago Bulls, gold and purple I think Lakers..etc.

shado_logo.gif

It would be great to see maybe a return to the more traditional styled collars,

toronto-raptors-pinstripe-jersey-damon-s

Even if it was a more classic 'v-neck', it'd be refreshing to see. A lot of solid elements from that uniform exist that could be carried into a new uniform.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived