2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God pullovers and stretchbands instead of a belt. God mlb teams were getting lazy back then.

Button's just look nicer and obviously as do belts.

They weren't getting "lazy", baseball uniforms finally began to evolve, and resemble athletic wear. Nobody here has ever answered the question, why?

God pullovers and stretchbands instead of a belt. God mlb teams were getting lazy back then.

Button's just look nicer and obviously as do belts.

They weren't getting "lazy", baseball uniforms finally began to evolve, and resemble athletic wear. Nobody here has ever answered the question, why?

Why what? What was the question? Oh, and what exactly is athletic wear?

Just a random thought (as Josh Beckett was all the news): I really miss this jersey. Sure, it is very similar to the Yankees, but the Marlins logo looked really nice on it.

Beckett-5.jpg

It always seemed a bit pointless to me. IIRC, it came out the same year the main home pinstripes were changed from teal to black. Had they left the rest of the 2002 set alone and just added this, I might have liked it better. And maybe they would have worn it more.

Instead, they had 2 identical jerseys with different front logo/wordmark treatments. More common today than 2003. Didn't matter, since all they wore was the black alt from this set anyway.

Speaking of the marlins

All star game in Minnesota means Giancarlo Stanton will have to wear the grey jerseys

I dont think the marlins wore them last year? Definitely not this year and if they did last year it was brief. They did wear grey with their camo last year, idk about this year

We seriously have some people who try way too hard when they post on these boards and it's pretty funny. Which one of you posters is secretly Skip Bayless?

Will the real Skip Bayless please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Skip Bayless please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here.

Well, I do(have a problem); so :censored: him and :censored: you too

Just a random thought (as Josh Beckett was all the news): I really miss this jersey. Sure, it is very similar to the Yankees, but the Marlins logo looked really nice on it.

Beckett-5.jpg

Nice jersey indeed ! but i love the script one even more

Did the Astros and Mariners both wear white for that throwback game?

In 1979, that jersey served as both the home and road uniform.

Didn't know that! I guess it's got so much orange that it makes sense.

Archived