2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the pictures we have seen of the Red Sox jerseys for today have the straight camo pattern but in the game there is a blue outline around the script. So there is at least one jersey that looks different than what we thought originally.

So this will probably get lost in all the camo posts, but I was wondering, who foots the bill for the road team's throwback equipment/uniforms? I know the teams themselves would fund a throwback that they have in rotation or if there is a "theme" game such as civil rights games, but, for instance, the D-Backs having to play for the Cubs celebration of 100 years of losing at Wrigley. Did the D-Backs have to pay to play dress up?

KISSwall09.jpg

Has anybody from the Marlins ever discussed why they ditched the "colors of Miami" theme less than a year from releasing to being a primarily black team?

I don't get it either. I think they could do some nice things with the blue, yellow and orange without the black. Admittedly, the logo has grown on me since it's inception and I don't think it's that bad, but I only like the orange jersey and hat out of everything they have right now. I'd rather see a blue or bright yellow cap instead of the black one.

Has anybody from the Marlins ever discussed why they ditched the "colors of Miami" theme less than a year from releasing to being a primarily black team?

I don't get it either. I think they could do some nice things with the blue, yellow and orange without the black. Admittedly, the logo has grown on me since it's inception and I don't think it's that bad, but I only like the orange jersey and hat out of everything they have right now. I'd rather see a blue or bright yellow cap instead of the black one.

They wear orange jerseys often , the caps are really the only disappointment.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

So on the camo jerseys are the numbers kiss cut? I would assume they are on the teams with 2 color numbers, but what about the teams that don't have 1 color numbers..... I'm guessing clear thread?

All the pictures we have seen of the Red Sox jerseys for today have the straight camo pattern but in the game there is a blue outline around the script. So there is at least one jersey that looks different than what we thought originally.

The Sox numbers are normally outlined in navy blue, so I think they just kept that with the camo pattern. Thankfully they did, otherwise the letters/numbers would have been illegible on the gray uniform.

Braves had an outline as well.

Hopefully someone who has access to the style guides can answer this one...

Is the "Taco Bell" Padres number font the same as the Mariners' throwbacks? Are there others that use it as well? And how does this font compare to the "NCAA Gothic" rounded style font?

They are similar but not the same. You can really see the difference in the numbers 5, 7, & 9. Not sure what NCAA Gothic is.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

How does wearing modern day digital camo (or any camo for that matter) honor those who died serving our country? Is it 'Memorial' Day, or just general "military day"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I understand if MLB wants to wear camo on 4th of July or on 9/11 but Memorial Day is where I take exception

I really don't understand why they can't wear this and leave the camo to people who actually go to war and isn't just playing a game

590x800xFlag-Patches-Caps-MLB-911-2013.j

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Archived