2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even a Cubs fan, but man, Steve Garvey is a pudwhack.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tonight's game between the Astros and Mariners, as mentioned before TBTC to 1979. The Mariners had a star trident logo patch on the left sleeve that season, I don't see it here. At least they are going all out with sansabelt pants. Last time they played wearing 1977-80 uniforms in 2007, they inexplicably wore belted pants.

BobWKl6CIAEjLHy.jpg

Houston Astros at Safeco Field, May 24, 2014.

BoclBjtIYAAvdgM.jpg

Are all the numbers as low on the players' backs as on Marwin Gonzalez' jersey?

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

BoclBjtIYAAvdgM.jpg

Are all the numbers as low on the players' backs as on Marwin Gonzalez' jersey?

As you can see in the photos below, the numbers did indeed go to the very top of the rainbow gut, but the ones they wore tonight had WAY too much white at the top, so the numbers are too low. It's amazing how badly they screw up these throwbacks for the majority of the teams that wear them.

Astros-Henderson.png

Hopefully someone who has access to the style guides can answer this one...

Is the "Taco Bell" Padres number font the same as the Mariners' throwbacks? Are there others that use it as well? And how does this font compare to the "NCAA Gothic" rounded style font?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

BoclBjtIYAAvdgM.jpg

As much as I love these uniforms, I think this picture has made me realize why this kinda uniform belongs on a throwback night and not long-term.

I'm all for bringing back some retro creativity back into the MLB, and I definitely think that its missing in the MLB, but this kinda look had it's decade, and that decade was 40 years ago.

Archived