2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Not a fan of the white bill yankee hat, but the mets one is allright imo..........wonder how a rays 5950 would look with a light blue bill !

Provided they matched it with a light blue squatchee, it would look amazing.

Unlike both those New York caps last night.

Absolutely. I said since they unveiled the set that their (only) cap should have a light blue bill and button. Then make the white outline on the home and road jerseys light blue. It would take a bland but inoffensive set and give it just enough character where it's unique and doesn't look like the generic minor league team from every other TV commercial.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The full D Backs look that'll be worn on August 30th vs Colorado. I may have to splurge for an authentic of that jersey.

1235184_10154091226700005_11553054913655

And it appears they correctly made the Diamondbacks cap cream, rather than regular white. Nice catch if that's the case.

img_3547_1.jpg

It's not cream, it's white. I picked one up a few days ago at Hat Club. It's also not technically the right logo, either. When the D Backs first announced all of their branding information, they were supposed to wear white caps as their primary home caps, and the first ones released had that huge A logo. Some time along the line they switched to the purple caps as their primary caps, and the white hats they did wear on the field quite sparingly, had the regular smaller A logo.
EDIT: Looking at it closely, that cap that's hung up may have the proper sized A logo. If that's the case, you can chalk that up as another D Backs on field authentic that Hat Club got wrong.

Looks like they are using the current numeric typeface by mistake instead of the retro typeface (similar to what the Ravens wear on their jerseys). Here is the correct retro typeface for comparison.

79076_01_lg.jpg

hFYoDqq.jpg

4w2mdsI.jpg

I guess I'm alone in thinking that those Mets cap look alright here. I hated them up until I saw them with these jerseys the other night, I think it's a nice alternate.

I did see that a few of them looked like they had more of a "sheen" to them, but they don't have that stupid looking raised logo that other BP caps have, and that's why I'm so confused. A while ago on UniWatch there was a rumor that Diamond Era was going to take over New Era On-Field caps this year (Or in the near future). Maybe these are strictly on-field caps that have this new sort of fabric that's similar to Diamond Era, but doesn't have those big vents or all-raised logos?

The White Sox pink hats seem to have the same sheen to them...

13968980737_54744fbdd1.jpg

(BTW: Saw the Angels in Philly today and man...the names and numbers on those red jerseys are illegible from the seats. Bush league jerseys)

see... last year in the rivalry games, MLB had the teams wearing the DE hats in those games. A team founded in tradition such as NYY wearing their DE hats and the NYM not wearing them doesn't make sense to me. And for comparison, the DE hats for NYM and their alt hats look identical, except for the fabric used.

First, the DE version. Some DE don't have the raised outline logos, Nats and White Sox come to mind. The fabric does look different when folded, which is why I said the picture of the pitcher in the grey from earlier looked to be the DE hat. They could just be doing a player preference for this series since they are similar, IDK.

pMLB2-17286071dt.jpg

compared to the normal version

pMLB2-14822458dt.jpg

The biggest thing that sticks out to me on the BP caps is the material. It is more apparent when you look at the bill. That's how I realized they have only worn the actual game alt cap so far this year; Spring Training, Batting Practice or regular season games. They haven't worn the 'NY' BP cap at all yet.

By the way, I believe this is the first time the Yanks have worn the road BP cap in a regular season game.

So the Memorial Day jerseys have been released. Can't post any pictures since I'm on mobile, but it shows that this year, only the jersey wordmarks, number, and player name are in camo. The rest of the jersey is of typical team uniform elements, such as Mariners teal, Giants cream, and Phillies pinstripes.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

So the Memorial Day jerseys have been released. Can't post any pictures since I'm on mobile, but it shows that this year, only the jersey wordmarks, number, and player name are in camo. The rest of the jersey is of typical team uniform elements, such as Mariners teal, Giants cream, and Phillies pinstripes.

So... the exact same as last year then?

The biggest thing that sticks out to me on the BP caps is the material. It is more apparent when you look at the bill. That's how I realized they have only worn the actual game alt cap so far this year; Spring Training, Batting Practice or regular season games. They haven't worn the 'NY' BP cap at all yet.

By the way, I believe this is the first time the Yanks have worn the road BP cap in a regular season game.

Watching the game now, Valverde's bill is a darker orange, just like the DE version, and the folds on the hat are different than they would be in the regular material.

see... last year in the rivalry games, MLB had the teams wearing the DE hats in those games. A team founded in tradition such as NYY wearing their DE hats and the NYM not wearing them doesn't make sense to me. And for comparison, the DE hats for NYM and their alt hats look identical, except for the fabric used.

First, the DE version. Some DE don't have the raised outline logos, Nats and White Sox come to mind. The fabric does look different when folded, which is why I said the picture of the pitcher in the grey from earlier looked to be the DE hat. They could just be doing a player preference for this series since they are similar, IDK.

pMLB2-17286071dt.jpg

compared to the normal version

pMLB2-14822458dt.jpg

Kind of annoys me, then, that some teams BP hats have perfectly fine logos while others have this crap

ERA02732_1.jpg

preview.jpg?wm=api

Kyle Farnsworth is still a thing?

Uh-oh, look who's back just in time for prom season!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

AHHHHHHH MY SWORN BASEBALL ENEMY

How can someone who is known

KNOWN!

for being bad at his job in such a coldly results-oriented business keep at it for FIFTEEN YEARS?!?!?! ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So you're saying the Cubs could sign him, then.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like how when you do a Google image search on Kyle Farnsworth the 3rd picture is a bloodied Paul Wilson from their fight a decade ago.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived