2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

10302118_10152434597807451_3981941703456

Now a grey brim. Wow. How long before they wear the BP jersey?

The pitcher is in a COOLBASE jersey too. UP IS DOWN! LEFT IS RIGHT! The Yankees are drifting too close to the sun!!!

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10302118_10152434597807451_3981941703456

Now a grey brim. Wow. How long before they wear the BP jersey?

The pitcher is in a COOLBASE jersey too. UP IS DOWN! LEFT IS RIGHT! The Yankees are drifting too close to the sun!!!

I don't see the problem, but again, I'm not a Yankee fan. They have to be the most over-rated professional sport team! I live in Michigan and even the announcers for the Tigers make fun of ESPN's love for the Yankees. I remember last year, one of the announcers said, "Gee, imagine that? The Yankees on Sunday Night Baseball." Who cares if the Yankees are wearing Cool Base jerseys or wearing BP hats during a game?!

Well, Coolbase jerseys merely look worse, but there is little difference until the jerseys are washed a few times and the armpits turn yellow. As for the hats, that's a huge deal. They are replacing one of the most iconic symbols in sports, a hat which has been pretty much unchanged for 100 years, and seen 27 titles in that time. For a team with that much tradition, which hadn't majorly changed its look or bastardized it with alternates, it's senseless that the Yankees are wearing this garbage during actual games. There is no reason it should happen. The Yankees will sell loads of those hats without wearing them in real games. They sell loads of Yankees hats in red, green, purple, and black already.

I am not a fan of the Yankees, but it's disappointing to see one of the stalwarts of tradition, the only team in baseball which doesn't allow manufacturer logos on its jersey, giving in to MLB Properties these last few years and wearing garbage like red stars and stripes hat, camouflage and batting practice caps.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, Coolbase jerseys merely look worse, but there is little difference until the jerseys are washed a few times and the armpits turn yellow. As for the hats, that's a huge deal. They are replacing one of the most iconic symbols in sports, a hat which has been pretty much unchanged for 100 years, and seen 27 titles in that time. For a team with that much tradition, which hadn't majorly changed its look or bastardized it with alternates, it's senseless that the Yankees are wearing this garbage during actual games. There is no reason it should happen. The Yankees will sell loads of those hats without wearing them in real games. They sell loads of Yankees hats in red, green, purple, and black already.

I am not a fan of the Yankees, but it's disappointing to see one of the stalwarts of tradition, the only team in baseball which doesn't allow manufacturer logos on its jersey, giving in to MLB Properties these last few years and wearing garbage like red stars and stripes hat, camouflage and batting practice caps.

Is it just the Home (white) Cool Base jerseys that turn yellow? I have a Tigers road Cool Base jersey for a few years now and there is no signs of yellow.

I'm not a Yankees fan either, but I just don't see how the occasional use of an alternate jersey or hat affects the tradition of that franchise. I think you could pull it off easily in a tasteful manner which still upholds the logo while offering a different design element. A dark blue jersey with a white logo on the chest would look great, teamed with that BP hat. There are a number of tradition laden baseball franchises which have dabbled in different looks while still keeping the iconic logo on their hats. I really never saw the Yankees as the official stalwart of tradition, just as the club that happens to have the most world titles.

The Yankees wearing a road alt would be fine. It would have to be gray, though. A plain blue one would be too, well, plain. One with sleeve stripes to match the roads would be ugly.

Maybe a jersey very similar to the one Jeter is shown in?

I think the Yankees could get away with a script like the '87 Mets used, since it would tie in with their official wordmark.

I also think that a plain gray uniform with chest NY (no pinstripes, no unnecessary white trim) would work as well.

Of course all they need to do is remove the white from their current road and then there's nothing broke that needs fixing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it just the Home (white) Cool Base jerseys that turn yellow? I have a Tigers road Cool Base jersey for a few years now and there is no signs of yellow.

No, the grays more so than the whites. Maybe it's that they get stained easier by the infield dust, I don't know. But it seems that more often than not, the armpit sections are noticeably yellower on players than the rest of the jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived