2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

ASTROS WORE ORANGE SOCKS TODAY!

(I may be mistaken but i coulda sworn they didn't have any last year)

They never did wear orange socks last year. It's a great new look when they do. I still think their primary home look should be white jersey/orange caps, sleeves and socks. Save the solid navy cap for the road only.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know what the brewers and the cubs are wearing tomorrow

Per http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/01/17/chicago-cubs-unveil-four-throwback-jerseys-for-2014/, Cubs wearing this tomorrow:

Chicago-Cubs-1937-Throwback-Jersey-2014.

I might have to tune in. I think these could be the basis for a great update, so I'm curious to see them in action. Look cream, though. Would prefer white.

Speaking of teams wearing orange socks, I wish the Marlins would wear them instead of the black ones when they wear their orange caps now. They wore them in '12.

I also didn't realize that the 'Stros just recently wore their orange socks with the BP blues for the first time, too. It looks good!

Here are the Brewers' throwbacks.

blogger-image--101204220.jpg

That's the "1913" cap they wore last year (which came too late to be made available for sale). The jersey looks like a faithful 1936. Don't know it they wore them in 37.

Something I noticed while watching and confirmed here: The Cubs cap logo is rounded on the left side rather than coming to a point like the Bears/Reds logo (and the previous Cubs throwback from 2008). The helmet logo appears to be the regular logo without the white outline while the cap logo seems the same but stretched horizontally.

These don't appear to be cream after all and outside of the odd cap logo, I'd trade it for the current home look right now. Put it with the regular cap (or even lose the outline now that the blue is lighter again) and it's a winner, IMO.

We got an email at work regarding the Cubs Memorial Day camo hat:

"Due to a last minute change by the team, the (SKU #) Chicago Cubs Memorial Stars and Stripes hat is no longer the official on-field hat for the team."

We will continue to sell this hat, but cannot "advertise it as the official on-field hat."

This is the camo hat with the red bill.

Padres will be wearing these this weekend:

BoDQV4aCYAIYigx.png

And the Mariners will be wearing these against the Astros and their tequila sunrise jerseys

BoDSwrKCAAAGDSQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/PhilHecken/status/468603436515065856

https://twitter.com/PhilHecken/status/468606442509856769

Majestic has the league wide jersey rights and can obviously produce a multitude of stock or custom sized jerseys. Why the hell do they insist on making all the on-field throwbacks so large? Make you momma proud, take that thing two sizes down.

Padres will be wearing these this weekend:

BoDQV4aCYAIYigx.png

And the Mariners will be wearing these against the Astros and their tequila sunrise jerseys

BoDSwrKCAAAGDSQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/PhilHecken/status/468603436515065856

https://twitter.com/PhilHecken/status/468606442509856769

Majestic has the league wide jersey rights and can obviously produce a multitude of stock or custom sized jerseys. Why the hell do they insist on making all the on-field throwbacks so large? Make you momma proud, take that thing two sizes down.

It has to do with the players and their specs not the supplier. If they are choosing to wear size 52 when they are in actuality a 48 by traditional uniform standards there's not much that can be done unless the league opts undertake a massive resizing initiative and starts fining players for wearing too baggy of uniforms.

The argument could also be made that the 70's-90's were the actual anomaly in baseball and the current baggy look is more true to the original aesthetic minus the extra long pants.

It has to do with the players and their specs not the supplier. If they are choosing to wear size 52 when they are in actuality a 48 by traditional uniform standards there's not much that can be done unless the league opts undertake a massive resizing initiative and starts fining players for wearing too baggy of uniforms.

The argument could also be made that the 70's-90's were the actual anomaly in baseball and the current baggy look is more true to the original aesthetic minus the extra long pants.

Sorry, was unclear before. I'm referring to guys who wear the true-to-size jerseys on regular days but then are issued Fielder-sized gamers for throwback day. It's like Majestic uses a whole separate tagging system where 'regular' 44s are true to size where 'throwback' 44s fit like traditional 52s. Are you saying all the players in the league decide to size up solely for throwback games?

I do agree that the 70s-90s extra-tight uniforms were the anomaly, but I can't conceive that players ask for a different sized jersey for 2-3 games a year. I have to conclude it is Majestic or whichever subsidiary to which they farm out actual production.

Sorry, was unclear before. I'm referring to guys who wear the true-to-size jerseys on regular days but then are issued Fielder-sized gamers for throwback day. It's like Majestic uses a whole separate tagging system where 'regular' 44s are true to size where 'throwback' 44s fit like traditional 52s. Are you saying all the players in the league decide to size up solely for throwback games?

I do agree that the 70s-90s extra-tight uniforms were the anomaly, but I can't conceive that players ask for a different sized jersey for 2-3 games a year. I have to conclude it is Majestic or whichever subsidiary to which they farm out actual production.

It could likely be proactive equipment managers trying to best match throwbacks with players' preferred fits. Not 100% sure if that requires ordering larger sizes or current majestic sizing simply reflects the desire for ultra baggy fits which are applied to throwbacks of all eras. Either way I want to see me some Rickey Henderson ultra tight unis on field one of these days.

Yeah, I can remember those years and years of Astros-Mariners tilts like they were yesterday. You could really throw out the record books when Nolan Ryan and Gaylord Perry took the mound.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We got an email at work regarding the Cubs Memorial Day camo hat:

"Due to a last minute change by the team, the (SKU #) Chicago Cubs Memorial Stars and Stripes hat is no longer the official on-field hat for the team."

We will continue to sell this hat, but cannot "advertise it as the official on-field hat."

This is the camo hat with the red bill.

So will they even bother producing the ones with blue bills? (EDIT: Yes, just saw them in the Cubs shop.)

And what of the red caps? Does a sticker get pulled off before sale or something?

Cubs sure are on top of things, as always.

Yeah, I can remember those years and years of Astros-Mariners tilts like they were yesterday. You could really throw out the record books when Nolan Ryan and Gaylord Perry took the mound.

You beat me to it! I was going to say "this will hearken back to the Astros-Mariners battles of old".

Archived