2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Lots of people make grammatical errors on forums. Somebody just used 'of' instead of 'have' in their sentence. We could all point out mistakes all day long if we really want to now, couldn't we?

INSTEAD, let's talk about uniforms please and mistakes teams make!!! LOL

I actually like the Yankees BP cap with the white (or is it light grey?) brim as an alternate. And the Mets orange-brimmed cap doesn't look bad with the road greys. However, I would prefer they stick to wearing the all-blue cap for the road only. Or at least only the road blue alts be worn with the orange brim cap.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mets' alt cap is pointless to me. Doesn't work well with the roads at all (I strongly dislike caps with lighter-colored bills worn with road grays), matches up terribly with the "snow white" jersey (which I dislike to begin with) and doesn't look as good with the blue alt jerseys as the solid blue cap does. If anything, save the dang cap for batting practice. They basically remade the same one for BP this year anyway, right?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Wait, I thought the BP cap had Mr. Met on it still?? They were still wearing the Mr Met cap during spring training.

**EDIT** Looking at pics, it was definitely the alternate cap. They wore the cap a few nights before at home and it looks identical. The alt cap has the 'NY', while the BP cap has Mr. Met.

preview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=api

The Mets were wearing their BP caps before the game.

489851173.jpg?v=1&g=fs2%7C0%7Ceditorial2preview.jpg?wm=api

Yankees wearing their white-billed BP caps at home in tonight's Subway Series game. Have they done this before?

Also the Mets are wearing the orange-billed alt cap with their road greys, which I'm almost positive they haven't done before. Interesting.

Yankees did that last year in one of A-Roids first games back, not sure about the Mets though.

I think a lot of the BP's were worn in the rivalry interleague games last year. I recall the Rays and Marlins wearing theirs during their series.
These inter league rivalries make no sense for the most part, like my team, the Braves, played the Redsox for years almost every year for a long time and now we're paired with the Bluejays for no reason whatsoever.

Your a Braves fan , and you don't know the Braves were Bostons NL team and played in Fenway Park.

Heck, Babe Ruth hit his last home run as a Boston Brave I believe.

Not to get off topic, but you used the wrong your/you're" in this situation. You should of used you're", as your" means ownership over something. You're" describes the person you are talking to.

You can go "%^*%#%% yourself.

Was that proper grammar?

Lol.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Yes. Yes, it does. If you can't be bothered to write with respectable grammar, spelling, and punctuation, I can't be bothered to consider your writing as anything more than the ramblings of the uneducated.

Or maybe, just maybe- it's someone using their phone in an instant and not caring about grammar.

If you can't appreciate the information given outside of its delivery, than your opinion is nothing more than the ramblings of the arrogant.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Wait, I thought the BP cap had Mr. Met on it still?? They were still wearing the Mr Met cap during spring training.

**EDIT** Looking at pics, it was definitely the alternate cap. They wore the cap a few nights before at home and it looks identical. The alt cap has the 'NY', while the BP cap has Mr. Met.

They have 2 bp hats this year... Mr. Met and the one thats identical to their alternate... The pic of the blue jersey is the new BP hat, and judging by the folds and the sheen of the hat on the guy in the grey jersey, I would say its the DE/BP Version

LOL I honestly can't tell the difference then.

Here are more pics of the orange-brim cap in action from April. Is this the alternate cap or the BP cap, though?? I can't find one single pic of any Met wearing an 'NY' cap during BP, either. During Spring Training it looked like they wore the regular 'NY' alt cap with their practice jerseys. A lot of teams have done that in the past, too. Honestly, every pic I have seen online of a Met wearing the 'NY' caps with an orange brim look nothing like the material that the Mr Met cap looks like. I have not been able to find any proof they have worn a second BP cap with 'NY' on it at all on the field.

preview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=api

Here is a good pic of a Spring Training game when they wore the 'NY' alt cap with BP jerseys.

Close-up of the Mr. Met BP cap.

preview.jpg?wm=api

By the way, I know New Era sells a BP 'NY' cap on the site, but that doesn't mean the team has worn it on the field. Take for instance the Pirates cap with the old Pirate logo on it that the site also sells.

After studying hundreds of pics for this season, I think the caps worn last night are indeed the regular 'NY' alt caps, and not a BP cap at all. Every pic I have found of any Met wearing an 'NY' orange-brim cap looks the same...last night, last month or Spring Training.

Game caps have raised logos. BP caps raise the outline but leave the primary part of the logo recessed for some stupid reason. Looks terrible. The Mets have one BP cap, the one with Mr. Met. They have two game caps, the all-blue primary (which should be their ONLY game caps), and the orange-billed alternate caps. Last night they wore their alternate caps.

Game caps have raised logos. BP caps raise the outline but leave the primary part of the logo recessed for some stupid reason. Looks terrible. The Mets have one BP cap, the one with Mr. Met. They have two game caps, the all-blue primary (which should be their ONLY game caps), and the orange-billed alternate caps. Last night they wore their alternate caps.

Except they have 2 BP caps this season. Though it doesn't seem they've worn the second one yet.

Archived