2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand if MLB wants to wear camo on 4th of July or on 9/11 but Memorial Day is where I take exception

I really don't understand why they can't wear this and leave the camo to people who actually go to war and isn't just playing a game

590x800xFlag-Patches-Caps-MLB-911-2013.j

Because we already bought those caps. We need new merchandise as consumers.

Go A's!

Maybe just league-wide black armbands would be more appropriate.

Of course you can't really sell those.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How does wearing modern day digital camo (or any camo for that matter) honor those who died serving our country? Is it 'Memorial' Day, or just general "military day"?

It's supposed to be "Memorial Day." But somewhere along the line, perhaps when the first person realized how lucrative jingoism can be, it became "General Military day #3."

This has puzzled me, as well. I've been places where, on Memorial Day, they ask all the veterans and active service people to stand and be recognized/honored. I have had a hard time believing that any of these people died in service to their country, given that they are in the room and clearly not deceased.

Gotham, I believe that there are actually four general military days: Memorial, 4th, 9/11, and Veterans.

I think MLB wisely backed off camo for the 4th and 9/11. The latter is clearly not a military day, and the other has always been more about red, white and blue. If anything, 9/11 has become more of a "memorial" day and the real Memorial Day more of a general military day. Saw "Happy Memorial Day" so many times this year...

And when is MLB going to jump on board Flag Day? Another day to sell those flag hats!

I noticed some teams like the Brewers camo didn't have a darker outline around the names, numbers, and logos on the jerseys. I think if they had a navy blue outline it would of worked a little bit better. Or if they used the blue jersey instead. The Braves had a darker outline on their camo jerseys and I thought it looked pretty good.

Perhaps MLB should do a 'Halfway to Veteran's Day', which would be in May.

I am obviously kidding. Yes, I don't understand why they are wearing camo on a day that remembers all who died to serve our country. The flag is much more appropriate. I'd much rather MLB have the teams wear their jerseys with their logos/scripts decorated with stars...kind of like the new Braves red ALT. The caps from a year or two ago were much more fitting.

I wouldn't mind a flag patch added to the jersey and cap, on a early basis with a different color jersey- each year.

Orange marlins 2015

Grey marlins 2016

Black marlins 2017

White 2018

And just rotate- new players will sell the jerseys themselves.

MAybe added as a sleeve patch, or over the mlb logo.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The Braves have officially switched away from one of my biggest pet peeves!

No more helmet specific logo which was different from the cap logo. Here is Tommy La Stella in the new lid. I watched after he came up and Heyward and BJ Upton all had the new logo.

2lsz810.jpg

Here is the old helmet logo.

jason-heyward-smi2.jpg

I am very content right now.

Archived