2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

590x800xFlag-Patches-Caps-MLB-911-2013.j

Does anyone know why New Era can't figure out a way to not use black thread on the white panel of the Orioles hat? It really bugs me. They used white thread on the white panel back in the 80's when they wore them.

Cheapness and laziness, pure and simple. Oddly, the BP caps with white front panels (like the White Sox fauxback) don't have this problem.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anyone know what's up with a lot of the Blue Jays players wearing neon green armsleeves, batting gloves, etc?

I haven't really seen any other team doing it.

Big Papi seemed to start this trend with his batting gloves and some Red Sox followed... Can't believe it is even allowed. It looks totally ridiculous especially the Blue Jays player with the sleeve. Just imagine if they allow these guys to wear mismatched accessories. I don't think anyone wanna see an A's wearing purple batting gloves, a Red Sox with neon orange sleeves or a Tiger sporting kelly green cleats...

That cap got canned last year before Spring training.

I saw one of those today in Santa Monica Lids. Size 7 though. That's the only one I've seen in person since they canned it

I saw that hat on sale at a Lids in Boston just yesterday. "Canned" must be MLB code "on sale coast to coast."

I saw one (just one) at a Lids in Houston, and I asked the manager why he had just one. He said someone bought it online before it got banned and returned it to the store. No one has bought it since. I've been in that Lids twice in 4 months, and it's still sitting right there on the shelf. I imagine that's probably the case where a Lids has one single cap.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

2014 Civil Rights Game

cf874e44ca4db927489bd163474c0049.464x552784x2048.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Does anyone know why New Era can't figure out a way to not use black thread on the white panel of the Orioles hat? It really bugs me. They used white thread on the white panel back in the 80's when they wore them.

The old white-paneled caps actually had clear thread, almost like fishing line.

7736a_lg.jpeg

61783d_montreal_expos.jpg

28c946e5-fdc1-405a-a1a6-076152386053_lg.

43794a_lg.jpeg

I think Jean Segura last night was wearing black batting gloves with neon trim. Hard to see from my seats for sure.

Has anyone seen the Brewers retro nights BP jerseys? It looks like they have the BnG logo on the chest and a yellow number and NoB with another yellow outline. Are these new this year or last year? I always really liked the ones they wore a couple years back when they first started doing the retro nights back in 2007 or so.

The old white-paneled caps actually had clear thread, almost like fishing line.

7736a_lg.jpeg

61783d_montreal_expos.jpg

28c946e5-fdc1-405a-a1a6-076152386053_lg.

43794a_lg.jpeg

The funny thing about those are that most of the white front panels were made of nylon, not wool (namely the White Sox and the Blue Jays). The Orioles current white front panel hat is 100% polyester, which does lend itself more to the contrasting stitch pattern. I've never seen a 100% poly New Era hat that didn't have the contrasting stitches, unless it was modified.

That cap got canned last year before Spring training.

I saw one of those today in Santa Monica Lids. Size 7 though. That's the only one I've seen in person since they canned it

I saw that hat on sale at a Lids in Boston just yesterday. "Canned" must be MLB code "on sale coast to coast."

I saw one (just one) at a Lids in Houston, and I asked the manager why he had just one. He said someone bought it online before it got banned and returned it to the store. No one has bought it since. I've been in that Lids twice in 4 months, and it's still sitting right there on the shelf. I imagine that's probably the case where a Lids has one single cap.

What was the size? That might also be a reason

Go A's!

Don't know if this has been posted here yet the Dodgers posted this on facebook to promote a giveaway think its being made into a pin. Think it looks good aside from the grey script. 10325724_10152875904248508_3251768981707

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Brewers and twins wearing 80's jerseys tonight

Why is it that the Twins can splurge for red throwback helmets for one TBTC game on the road, but won't get red billed helmets to match the road caps for the other 81 road games? #thingsthatannoyme

Brewers and twins wearing 80's jerseys tonight

Why is it that the Twins can splurge for red throwback helmets for one TBTC game on the road, but won't get red billed helmets to match the road caps for the other 81 road games? #thingsthatannoyme
Home team provides the throwbacks in this instance, I believe.

Anyone know what's up with a lot of the Blue Jays players wearing neon green armsleeves, batting gloves, etc?

I haven't really seen any other team doing it.

Big Papi seemed to start this trend with his batting gloves and some Red Sox followed... Can't believe it is even allowed. It looks totally ridiculous especially the Blue Jays player with the sleeve. Just imagine if they allow these guys to wear mismatched accessories. I don't think anyone wanna see an A's wearing purple batting gloves, a Red Sox with neon orange sleeves or a Tiger sporting kelly green cleats...

Volt has hit MLB.

Archived