2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The Cubs have happily relegated themselves to Quadruple-A under Ricketts ownership. Isn't that enough for you that they've become the big-city Royals?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While looking around for an answer to that same camo question, I came across this timely post about the Cubs' jersey record on a blog I don't frequent:

Here is the Cubs' record in road games this year wearing the various jerseys:

Camouflage: 1-0

"CHICAGO" gray: 2-4

"CUBS" alt: 2-5

Blue alt: 5-13

Looks pretty clear to me: ditch the blue alts. Oddly, after wearing the "CUBS" block-letter shirt for the first six road games, the Cubs haven't worn it at all since April 29. They've worn the blue alts for 15 of the last 20 road games, during which their record is 7-13.

Want to win on the road, Cubs? Go back to the standard-issue road grays with "CHICAGO" on the front. (Again, yes, I know it shouldn't matter. Also, in case you were wondering, the Cubs are 14-11 at home wearing the standard white pinstripes, and 1-3 in throwback jerseys.)

Via Bleed Cubbie Blue, which also mentioned that the blue alts are road only this year. So that makes two road alts, and none at home (besides the 10 one-off throwbacks). Honestly, I can live with that. I've liked the throwbacks.

Cubs leading 7-3 in 9th in camo, but I'm not sure I'd trade an undefeated record for that every day.

The Cubs have happily relegated themselves to Quadruple-A under Ricketts ownership. Isn't that enough for you that they've become the big-city Royals?

Did you fall down some stairs and turn into Lights Out?
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh Cubs, why can´t you just get relegated to AAA ? you earned it after all these years, and you deserve it :)

Be quiet.
Only if you stop quoting cubs jersey pics :) it's like regurgitating vomit....just keep repeating on you

Oh Cubs, why can´t you just get relegated to AAA ? you earned it after all these years, and you deserve it :)

Be quiet.
Only if you stop quoting cubs jersey pics :) it's like regurgitating vomit....just keep repeating on you

How about you just ignore the posts and move on with your life instead of be ridiculous

bSLCtu2.png

Dodgers road alts were supposed to be sunday road games only, but this is the 3rd straight day with them which obviously includes 2 week days

I noticed this when the game finally started last night. They worn the 'Dodgers' ALT a few times this year on non-Sundays even before this last road trip, though.

They wore it to start off the year in Australia on a Saturday, too. So the team basically threw out their original idea for the jersey to be a "Sunday Alternate" right out of the gate. LOL

While looking around for an answer to that same camo question, I came across this timely post about the Cubs' jersey record on a blog I don't frequent:

Here is the Cubs' record in road games this year wearing the various jerseys:

Camouflage: 1-0

"CHICAGO" gray: 2-4

"CUBS" alt: 2-5

Blue alt: 5-13

Looks pretty clear to me: ditch the blue alts. Oddly, after wearing the "CUBS" block-letter shirt for the first six road games, the Cubs haven't worn it at all since April 29. They've worn the blue alts for 15 of the last 20 road games, during which their record is 7-13.

Want to win on the road, Cubs? Go back to the standard-issue road grays with "CHICAGO" on the front. (Again, yes, I know it shouldn't matter. Also, in case you were wondering, the Cubs are 14-11 at home wearing the standard white pinstripes, and 1-3 in throwback jerseys.)

Via Bleed Cubbie Blue, which also mentioned that the blue alts are road only this year. So that makes two road alts, and none at home (besides the 10 one-off throwbacks). Honestly, I can live with that. I've liked the throwbacks.

Cubs leading 7-3 in 9th in camo, but I'm not sure I'd trade an undefeated record for that every day.

LOL Whoever wrote that blog seems to think that when the Cubs wear their blue alternates that they are so much worse, but they'd only have one more win wearing the 'Chicago' jersey if they had worn it for those other 18 games. :lol: A .333 win percentage is only slightly better than a .278 win percentage. When it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter what they wear on the road this year.

Did you fall down some stairs and turn into Lights Out?
I have serious, serious reservations about the way the team has been run. The year that the Cubs are supposed to contend keeps getting kicked down the road. They claim they have no money to spend on free agents because there are bars across the street. They've taken themselves away from a superstation in order to quxiotically start their own RSN at a time when the sports media bubble is just about to burst (and with the Dodgers fiasco, perhaps it already did). Everything they do is somehow embarrassing. I've seen the Cubs be bad, but I've never seen them try to be horrible. We deserve better.

Any observer worth half a damn can see that "The Plan" is fatally flawed by changes in the CBA (draft rights, international spending, drug testing) that take away all the advantages that Theo Epstein had with the Red Sox. Moreover, considering the not insignificant assistance that Epstein had from Bill James and Larry Lucchino, it's to be argued whether Theo ever had much of a plan at all. Any way you slice it, this is unacceptable, and the White Sox prove it just down the street. They have managed to contend within the division without utterly bottoming out for years, and you would think that they require more revenue to compete than the Cubs do. Yet here we are with the Edmonton Oilers of baseball in one of the biggest and wealthiest markets in the game. Something smells.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I generally do not like baseball uniforms but I loved the latest throwback uniform worn by the Chicago Cubs and I wish it was their everyday uniform.

14381583045_a997dea41f_z.jpg

Those are horrible! So many different things, none of them working.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

A .333 win percentage is only slightly better than a .278 win percentage.

Over the course of an entire season? That's almost five extra wins. Maybe not terribly important when the team is as bad overall as the Cubs are, but five extra wins could change a divisional race. Especially if any of those wins came against divisional opponents, you're talking about 9 or 10. And that would have been enough to swing every division last year except the NL West.

Archived