2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The O´Jays ?? .......Great, first you watch a terrible game where the Rays play like crap, then you get stabbed.

Terrible.
I know right ? I wish a hurricane would rip the roof off the trop, maybe some air and sunshine can bring the team some life.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like kicking the Cubs as much as the next fellow (especially if said next fellow hails from the Badger State), but are we to excoriate all the teams that have offered blank caps for sale, or shall we pretend that it is a phenomenon invented on Chicago's north side?

We should indeed excoriate teams for the audacity to sell blank caps at full price, and we should particularly go hard on the Chicago Cubs, a team that rewrote the book on sports marketing but in the last five years has eaten half the book and used the other half to wipe its ass afterward. Everything this team has done under its current ownership/management elicits a top-of-the-lungs scream of "YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER," and I'm tired of it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm right there with you admiral, but the Sunday throwbacks have drawn me in. Particularly that 1937 from a few weeks back. I could take or leave last week's, and the upcoming 1953 is nothing special (other than the fact that it was the jersey they wore in their first throwback game in 2008 -- to celebrate WGN, which they will soon dump).

But the marketing juice all moved to the West Side.

So we get Clark the Cub.

The O´Jays ?? .......Great, first you watch a terrible game where the Rays play like crap, then you get stabbed.

Terrible.
I know right ? I wish a hurricane would rip the roof off the trop, maybe some air and sunshine can bring the team some life.
Every post you make feels like a natural disaster.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Terrible.
Oh i'm a natural alright.......all 12 inches .........:)

LOL @ the Cubs for selling this hat..

pMLB2-18231262dt.jpg

Chicago Cubs Authentic Collection 1914 & 1929 Turn Back The Clock On-Field 59FIFTY Game Cap

How many of these do you think they've sold?

Over or Under: 1,000.

It has to be way under right?

I was at the Cubs team store at Water Tower Place today. Said they're moving like molasses. All of them on the floor also had dirt on them for some reason.

Lids didn't even get them. Both stores had the other two throwback hats.

I could easily have a new Expos hat made from this...

Terrible.
Oh i'm a natural alright.......all 12 inches ......... :)

well then.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Phillies looking great today. I don't mind the team's current look, but the 64 throwbacks are superior in every way besides the lack of shoulder number or blue stars. If only the Cubs were throwing back as well...

Glad Jimmy didn't break the record today though, mismatch of eras there (I'm already mildly disappointed he did them in the alts instead of the home unis he's worn his whole career)

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

With the Rockies having worn their sleeveless black jerseys all three games in this last series (which was very painful to watch in the late innings), it had me wondering if any other teams still have sleeveless jerseys in their regular uniform rotation.

No, the vests have been completely out as alts for two years I believe until the Rockies brought theirs back.

Terrible.
Oh i'm a natural alright.......all 12 inches ......... :)

Because of post like this, is there a way to not show single individuals post? There are a few I would rather not have to view constantly. I love this site other than this type of thing. Thanks!

You can ignore posts from individual posters, yes. You can still see that they've posted in a thread and it gives you a prompt that you can click on if you decide to read their post.

I've ignored a few halfwits and egomaniacs over the years but I usually end up reading their posts anyways.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You can ignore posts from individual posters, yes. You can still see that they've posted in a thread and it gives you a prompt that you can click on if you decide to read their post.

I've ignored a few halfwits and egomaniacs over the years but I usually end up reading their posts anyways.

Please tell me how... I have a giant list ready to go.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived