2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Why don't they just wear a flapless helmet, like the base coaches do?

Probably because they might bounce around and occasionally fall of when you pitch

True, but even a strap under the chin to hold it on would look better than this. "Anything" would look better than this.

BqtTHKvCQAEE4Sp.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of aesthetics, wouldn't wearing a batting helmet make more sense?

The only thing I can think of is the heavier weight of the helmet. I don't know how light that hat is but it looks lighter than a batting helmet.

I stopped at the Rays team store in downtown Tampa today and saw a new cap I hadn't seen before. It was the same style as the fauxback, but the front panel was white, and the rest of the cap was Columbia blue, and I believe the brim was navy. I assumed it was a fashion cap, but I thought I overheard one of the employees mention to another customer that they got "the new throwback caps, both home and away." Did I miss something? I know the Rays are supposed to be wearing the fauxbacks in Chicago against the Cubs in August, but I hadn't heard anything about a different cap.

- Well the fauxbacks were work on Saturday the 21st with no changes.

- Fauxbacks in Wrigley? Haven't heard about that at all.

- If some kind of new fauxback is yet to debut, keep an eye on Sept. 6th against the O's as theres an Evan Longoria 80s hair band bobblehead that game.

Did no one notice the Pirates and Cubs wore throwbacks yesterday? I thought Pittsburgh's road jersey's couldn't get any better, until I saw the wordmark on yesterday's throwback. The arc style wordmark is much better than the arched one.

Cubs with zippers and that beautiful breast logo.

451046992.0_standard_709.0.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Yankees Old-Timers wearing BP hats for the second year in a row. Like last year, they feature an Old Timers Day patch, but new this year is a hashtag on the back :wacko:

pMLB2-18597222dt.jpg

pMLB2-18597222_alternate1_dt.jpg

pMLB2-18597222_alternate2_dt.jpg

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35513156&cp=1452360.1452526.709991

Why, of all things, would they have their old-timers wear this cap?! It's bad enough when retired players are brought back and dressed in the team's current jersey rather than the one they actually wore. In this case, however, the Yankees still use the same cap all of them wore when they played. So, why bring out this monstrosity, when none of them ever wore it?

Did no one notice the Pirates and Cubs wore throwbacks yesterday? I thought Pittsburgh's road jersey's couldn't get any better, until I saw the wordmark on yesterday's throwback. The arc style wordmark is much better than the arched one.

Got pictures of the Pirates?

Anubis.png

Got pictures of the Pirates?

You can look them up yourself

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?gameId=340622116&teams=pittsburgh-pirates-vs-chicago-cubs

Go A's!

Looks like the whites are mismatched a bit. When they wore that uni in their first-ever Wrigley throwback game in 2008, it was bright white. But the cap didn't match because they mistakenly made it navy.

EDIT: 2008 photo

DSC_0224.jpg

So the Dodgers played the Royals last nights wearing their grey Alts while the royals wore their whites. I don't know who thought it was a good considering they look almost exactly the same.

So dose anyone know why the royals deiced to copy the Dodgers look? I cant think of any connection between the the two franchise besides the fact that Jackie Robinson played in KC with the monarchs.

Carlos-Triunfel.png

Matt-Kemp9.jpg

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Copy? If the Royals were a red team, you wouldn't say it. Coincidental. There are other teams with a cursive script. They just don't use blue, whereas the Royals do

The blue hat with the white logo and white button/squatchee is more than a coincidence.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thicker blue-white-blue striping on the cuffs, collar, and pants would help set them off a bit, as would a nice bluish-grey road uniform.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Royals do look an awful lot like the Dodgers. At a glance, the main difference (beyond the script) is the Royals' front number is blue, while the Dodgers use red. I'm not sure why the Royals appeared to model their look after the Dodgers, much the same way the White Sox modeled their home jerseys after the Yankees a bit. I guess they felt the Dodgers had a good, clean look that functioned as a good template.

Archived