2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

This is off topic, but why do the players in MLB ASG not wear special uniforms like ASG's from all other major sports (NFL, NBA, NHL, etc.)? In my opinion it would make sense for teams to wear the jerseys that are typically worn in the Home Run Derby for the actual game.

So you want color on color for the all star game? I prefer the white vs gray as it is right now. It looks nice to me and it's very colorful without being loud.

Go A's!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

Because the MLB All-Star Game predates, and its aesthetic was already established before, any of that nonsense.

So they'll go crazy with all the merchandise, wear any manner of hideous garb in the Home Run Derby, but won't extend that to the game itself. At least, not yet.

Will the Marlins jerseys in the ASG be black or gray? I can't find any pictures from 2012.

Giancarlo Stanton was named to the All-Star Game that year but was injured, so they had no representatives in Kansas City.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Will the Marlins jerseys in the ASG be black or gray? I can't find any pictures from 2012.

Giancarlo Stanton was named to the All-Star Game that year but was injured, so they had no representatives in Kansas City.

They will be gray just like the rest of the NL team. This will be the only time this season we will see the Marlins standard gray jersey.

Go A's!

They will be gray just like the rest of the NL team. This will be the only time this season we will see the Marlins standard gray jersey.
Are you sure about that? I am expecting them to wear their black jereys like they always do. I think the greys are unofficially out of the of their set.

Are you sure about that? I am expecting them to wear their black jereys like they always do. I think the greys are unofficially out of the of their set.

I can't see them not wearing the regular road jersey because it was would stick out like a sore thumb. Keep in mind that that they wore gray for Memorial Day 2013.

mia-13-camo-4-675x380.jpg

7381542.jpg

I'm not sure how long it's been since someone wore an alternate in an ASG, but I know that the last few years there have been some alternate hats worn.

bSLCtu2.png

I can't see them not wearing the regular road jersey because it was would stick out like a sore thumb. Keep in mind that that they wore gray for Memorial Day 2013.

mia-13-camo-4-675x380.jpg

7381542.jpg

I'm not sure how long it's been since someone wore an alternate in an ASG, but I know that the last few years there have been some alternate hats worn.

That's my point though, when was the last time a team didn't wear grey? They have worn grey once in what, 100 some games. And that's only because they had to.

That's my point though, when was the last time a team didn't wear grey? They have worn grey once in what, 100 some games. And that's only because they had to.

and this will be another time when they have to. If MLB can dictate what the Marlins wear during a Marlins' regular season game, I think they can do it for the MLB all-star game.

The Jays Shop has this year's Canada Day jerseys for sale on their website. Unlike the last two years, looks like they will be the BP style, instead of the usual double knit the team normally wears.

http://www.jaysshop.ca/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=989&siId=6593179&catParentID=57430&scId=57430

They will be worn with the red alternate BP hats, of course.

In 2012, I'm quite sure Stanton wore grey, even though he didn't play. 2013 was the home whites. I'm assuming this year it'll be black.

In 2012, I'm quite sure Stanton wore grey, even though he didn't play. 2013 was the home whites. I'm assuming this year it'll be black.

Why do you assume that MLB will give the Marlins the OK to be the ONLY team that wears an alternate while the rest of the team wears gray? It's not like the Marlins don't have the gray jerseys. They just prefer not to wear them.

Go A's!

I think MLB has a rule against alt jerseys in the ASG (I think 97 was the last year they were allowed). This asks the question, does MLB see the Marlins black jersey as an alt or their standard road jersey? My money is on the road grays making an appearance in Minnesota.

You know what would be great? Every NL team wearing their Alternate colored jersey vs the AL in white.

Or the yankees in white while the AL wears colored alts next year.

That would be bizarre. What about teams like the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Phillies who don't have colored alts? Then you would have teams like the Braves whose jerseys would clash with the Rockies, and the Giants who would clash with the Reds. It would be a mess.

You know what would be great? Every NL team wearing their Alternate colored jersey vs the AL in white.

The NL couldn't wear colored alts because the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Phillies don't have colored alts. Giants don't have an away alt, but they could wear their orange unis. Tell me if I missed any

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

That would be bizarre. What about teams like the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Phillies who don't have colored alts? Then you would have teams like the Braves whose jerseys would clash with the Rockies, and the Giants who would clash with the Reds. It would be a mess.

ASHGDHDG.png

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived