2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Those caps are hideous. I guess they wanted to make them different enough so people have a reason to by them, but Idk if designing them to look like old batting helmets will work. They should have just done a regular panel design at least.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY F****** S*** THIS IS STUPID

BrjtIavCEAA9Odw_zps2997d4a2.jpg

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WH

Selling the regular team hats with an allstar patch wasn't good enough?

Wow. Drastic change for the Orioles.

Only ones that look good are the ones that actually exist/existed: Blue Jays, Twins, and Orioles. Shame they didn't just do the Padres in the brown/yellow as that was another that used that template.

Man, those are bad. I wonder what the decision making was for which teams got a white panel vs. gray or any other color.

And the Orioles one is pretty dumb, it's basically the home hat. I guess that's a good thing, aesthetically speaking, but I can't see many O's fans buying that if they already have a home hat.

Well the white vs gray is going by the AL is home team (white) and NL is road team (gray)

Then seems loosely based on teams with a second dominant color got that instead of white. But teams that use a different colored bill normally got a white panel with the altering colored bill.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

HOLY F****** S*** THIS IS STUPID

BrjtIavCEAA9Odw_zps2997d4a2.jpg

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WH

Selling the regular team hats with an allstar patch wasn't good enough?

Wow. Drastic change for the Orioles.

Only ones that look good are the ones that actually exist/existed: Blue Jays, Twins, and Orioles. Shame they didn't just do the Padres in the brown/yellow as that was another that used that template.

The Red Sox one did as well; it was a seldom-used alternate cap in 1974.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Yeah, it stinks that the Padres cap wasn't brown/yellow. I would have bought one.

As was mentioned in another topic, there are also patch-free 5950 and flex-fit 3930 models available. The latter are not bad (I prefer 3930/curved brim), and the Blue Jays in particular are nice. Too bad about the Padres, though, I would have easily bought a nice brown/yellow cap.

Yeah, it stinks that the Padres cap wasn't brown/yellow. I would have bought one.

As was mentioned in another topic, there are also patch-free 5950 and flex-fit 3930 models available. The latter are not bad (I prefer 3930/curved brim), and the Blue Jays in particular are nice. Too bad about the Padres, though, I would have easily bought a nice brown/yellow cap.

Ya, its too bad they didn't do it in brown and yellow......oh ya because that would look absurd with their navy and white color scheme their jerseys are. These aren't hats for hats sake (debatatable), they are to be worn with the teams primary home or road uniform. I'm assuming the brown and yellow Padre's hat is available for purchase somewhere.....ya know, like the MLB shop online where it usually is.

pMLB2-15892015nm.jpg

So...they'll design a cap based off a helmet, yet most of today's teams won't match the helmet to the on-field cap :therock: Anyway, I wonder if these will also see regular action like the BP did/does because I see Lids sells them with or without the patch.

@tigers6884 I guess since the Tigers have no orange in their home unis, that's why it's just navy/white.

KISSwall09.jpg

I actually like the Astros, but something is bothering me. Looking through pictures the 5950 has a solid navy star. The 3930 has the updated blue star that is a lot lighter than the navy blue material for the rest of the hat.

Ya, its too bad they didn't do it in brown and yellow......oh ya because that would look absurd with their navy and white color scheme their jerseys are. These aren't hats for hats sake (debatatable), they are to be worn with the teams primary home or road uniform. I'm assuming the brown and yellow Padre's hat is available for purchase somewhere.....ya know, like the MLB shop online where it usually is.

pMLB2-15892015nm.jpg

Too bad they don't bother to actually make it correctly. Also too bad that the Padres and MLB don't seem to care.

13152a_lg.jpeg

Archived