2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Yankees shoulder patch today

BrjkwmZCMAIyuHL.png

This shouldn't be that hard...it's been 75 years since that famous speech, which makes it the 74th anniversary, not the 75th!

Kudos. You made it way more complicated. Anniversaries are no different than birthdays. A 75th anniversary means "this event happened 75 years ago".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Phillies cap may be the grossest thing I've ever seen in my life, and I've seen animals slaughtered in China.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yankees shoulder patch today

BrjkwmZCMAIyuHL.png

This shouldn't be that hard...it's been 75 years since that famous speech, which makes it the 74th anniversary, not the 75th!

Kudos. You made it way more complicated. Anniversaries are no different than birthdays. A 75th anniversary means "this event happened 75 years ago".

LOL! Yea, my head's still spinning but it seems you (and others) are correct...

Perfect example of the zig-zag pinstripes right there. That's how they should all be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Perfect example of the zig-zag pinstripes right there. That's how they should all be.

I thought thats how they all are? Or is it a Cool Base issue?

Nope and nope.

Nope and nope.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Yankees are the only mlb team that does that, everyone else does sublimation for there pinstripes which is why the phillies unis look pink to me.

Since the word "anniversary" apparently means something different now, does that mean I now have 3 more years until my 20th anniversary, instead of just 2? That's a relief!

I think we need more information... :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Why is an anniversary so hard to understand. One year after it happens it's the first anniversary. He gave the speech in 1939. It's been 75 years since then.

1949 = 10 Years

1959 = 20 Years

1969 = 30 Years
1979 = 40 Years
1989 = 50 Years

1999 = 60 Years
2009 = 70 Years

2010 = 71 Years

2011 = 72 Years

2012 = 73 Years

2013 = 74 Years

2014 = 75 Years

Nope and nope.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Yankees are the only mlb team that does that, everyone else does sublimation for there pinstripes which is why the phillies unis look pink to me.

I'm not sure if they're the only one to have the stripes woven in to the jersey in that pattern, but that might well be the case. I'd be curious how the Cubs do it, because their stripes look pretty good too. As far as I know, the other pinstripe teams are printed on (or sublimated... not really sure) and appear washed out depending on the color.

Also of note - the Yankees pinstripes are close together than most (if not all) other teams' stripes. Not sure if that's by design, or a byproduct of the manufacturing process but it's another reason why they do stripes better than anyone else.

Nope and nope.

I'm not sure if they're the only one to have the stripes woven in to the jersey in that pattern, but that might well be the case. I'd be curious how the Cubs do it, because their stripes look pretty good too. As far as I know, the other pinstripe teams are printed on (or sublimated... not really sure) and appear washed out depending on the color.

Also of note - the Yankees pinstripes are close together than most (if not all) other teams' stripes. Not sure if that's by design, or a byproduct of the manufacturing process but it's another reason why they do stripes better than anyone else.

Cubs are like the Mets- sublimated.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I'm wondering if now the orange is Saturday alternate, road or not. The Saturday alt was originally a Saturday daytime home alternate. Once or twice it was worn at night on a Saturday last season and now it's been worn twice on the road this year.

I'm wondering if now the orange is Saturday alternate, road or not. The Saturday alt was originally a Saturday daytime home alternate. Once or twice it was worn at night on a Saturday last season and now it's been worn twice on the road this year.

I'm wondering the same thing, I kind of like it but I wish they'd cool it with the alternates, they're becoming like the rest of the league. The orange jersey has always been the Saturday alternate regardless of gametime since 2012. Maybe they should dump the black jersey.

Archived