2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

You know what would be great? Every NL team wearing their Alternate colored jersey vs the AL in white.

Or the yankees in white while the AL wears colored alts next year.

That would be bizarre. What about teams like the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Phillies who don't have colored alts? Then you would have teams like the Braves whose jerseys would clash with the Rockies, and the Giants who would clash with the Reds. It would be a mess.

Let them wear grey, or their home colored alts. The Giants can go with either Road Alt or Orange. I think the colors would look pretty cool, especially if every team is getting a standardized team colored all star hat.

You know what would be great? Every NL team wearing their Alternate colored jersey vs the AL in white.

The NL couldn't wear colored alts because the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Phillies don't have colored alts. Giants don't have an away alt, but they could wear their orange unis. Tell me if I missed any

Every other team in a colored uni would give the effect desired- everyone is in a team jersey that is different, Three in grey would be the same as three in blue, or three in red.

Padres could wear camo, Phillies, Cards and Dodgers in BP's.

All would be alternates technically. BP's are eligible for game use.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be bizarre. What about teams like the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Phillies who don't have colored alts? Then you would have teams like the Braves whose jerseys would clash with the Rockies, and the Giants who would clash with the Reds. It would be a mess.

ASHGDHDG.png

How would MLB allow 2 players from the same team to wear different jerseys? And where would the ASG patch go on a sleeveless Rockies jersey?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

ASHGDHDG.png

I think it would definitely be a mess of color, but it would be fun to watch. The traditionalist in me hates the idea but at the same time I think it would be kind of cool...

ASHGDHDG.png

How would MLB allow 2 players from the same team to wear different jerseys? And where would the ASG patch go on a sleeveless Rockies jersey?

C'mon, Think McFly.....

Do the Rockies play without undershirts. Did the A's wear three different types in the 70's.

Stop being so gullible.

tumblr_mck5697Ik21rvjt2vo7_250.gif

ASHGDHDG.png

I think it would definitely be a mess of color, but it would be fun to watch. The traditionalist in me hates the idea but at the same time I think it would be kind of cool...

Exactly, they want to showcase the merchandise and have 30 different one day caps, show off the $300 jerseys too!

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Kinda off topic, but does anyone remember when three A's players wore three different jerseys in an ASG in the 70's? One wore white, the other green, and the third yellow.

Yes, and the Indians had two players during that era wearing different colored jerseys, one had red, the other blue. In 1977, the Pirates had three different uniform sets when counting hats. Rich Gossage wore solid black with the yellow hat, and Dave Parker and John Candelaria wore solid yellow uniforms, but Parker had the yellow hat, while Candelaria wore a black hat.

ASHGDHDG.png

A's players did it in the 70's and Pete Rose wore his BP Phillies jersey once because he lost his luggage.

bSLCtu2.png

You know what would be great? Every NL team wearing their Alternate colored jersey vs the AL And where would the ASG patch go on a sleeveless Rockies jersey?

come on man, the answer is so obvious, they would just get the patch tattooed on their arm......

The idea of 25 different jerseys in the ASG is awesome(sarcasm), and in the same spirit as that idea : the umpires should be buttnaked......chest-protector only painted on with bodypaint. ..............it really is time to cater to the female fans, and of course the males who like that stuff.

I like baseball players wearing their own jerseys for the ASG. The NHL used to do it for the Young Stars game before they got rid of that.

If it was up to me, I'd have all the leagues do like what the MLB does but you can't really do it now in the NHL and the NFL because you could have people from the same team against each other.

IbjBaeE.png

I LOVE how baseball has all the players wear their own uniforms in the All-Star game. It's probably the reason I still watch the game. I also loved when the NBA did it for a few years. Playing with the allstar team in NBA live 98 was fun because you were playing with five different uniforms.

I also love how one team wears gray and the other wears white. The individual details of the uniforms are different, but you can still tell who's playing for what side because they all have the same base color.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Too many colors. But if a team (say the Mets and Phillies) both whore their different home whites if they had multiple reps, I can dig that. But having every team in their colored alts on one team would be visually horrible

Go A's!

The Jays Shop has this year's Canada Day jerseys for sale on their website. Unlike the last two years, looks like they will be the BP style, instead of the usual double knit the team normally wears.

http://www.jaysshop.ca/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=989&siId=6593179&catParentID=57430&scId=57430

They will be worn with the red alternate BP hats, of course.

Ugh.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

the umpires should be buttnaked......chest-protector only painted on with bodypaint. ..............it really is time to cater to the female fans, and of course the males who like that stuff.

What the hell? :wacko:

I think he may have just given ESPN an idea for their next body issue.

the umpires should be buttnaked......chest-protector only painted on with bodypaint. ..............it really is time to cater to the female fans, and of course the males who like that stuff.

Don´t tell me you never dreamt about seeing Joe West naked

I wanna play with his double chins.........gobble gobble

Don´t tell me you never dreamt about seeing Joe West naked

I wanna play with his double chins.........gobble gobble

Now that's just messed up. Seriously messed up.

Too many colors. But if a team (say the Mets and Phillies) both whore their different home whites if they had multiple reps, I can dig that. But having every team in their colored alts on one team would be visually horrible

Off of the top of my head, the Redbirds and Dodgers do not have a colored alt, and I do not mean our (STL) cream monstrosities as a colored uniform.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

I think MLB has a rule against alt jerseys in the ASG (I think 97 was the last year they were allowed). This asks the question, does MLB see the Marlins black jersey as an alt or their standard road jersey? My money is on the road grays making an appearance in Minnesota.

MLB can dictate what the players wear in the ASG because they are supplying the jerseys. Lukas had an article a few years back that detailed how Majestic sends the ASG jerseys directly to MLB, so they hand them out at the game. Players aren't bringing their own full uniform anymore (thus avoiding the Rose/Whitaker luggage problems).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The team logo All Star caps remind me of the rumor that this year NBA all-stars will wear black or grey versions of their normal team jerseys -- brilliant from a capitalist perspective. I've never understood who'd buy a David Ortiz jersey that looks like a Mets jersey, or a Lebron James jersey in blue and green (and I feel I rarely saw all-star gear out and about). Making all-star gear more closely tied to individual teams, but different enough to prompt a new purchase: $$$.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived