2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Copy? If the Royals were a red team, you wouldn't say it. Coincidental. There are other teams with a cursive script. They just don't use blue, whereas the Royals do

The blue hat with the white logo and white button/squatchee is more than a coincidence.

When the team colors are blue and white, you have very little to work with. Coincidence. Like I said, look at how teams have a cursive script and sans-serif numbers in the front. It's a common design. it just so happens that these two teams have nearly identical color scheme. And when they came with this look, the Royals were never expected to face the Dodgers in the regular season anyway.

It's not copying. It's coincidence that they share the same color scheme and both share a common baseball uniform design template.

Go A's!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some yellow trim would work well for the royals.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Copy? If the Royals were a red team, you wouldn't say it. Coincidental. There are other teams with a cursive script. They just don't use blue, whereas the Royals do

The blue hat with the white logo and white button/squatchee is more than a coincidence.

When the team colors are blue and white, you have very little to work with. Coincidence. Like I said, look at how teams have a cursive script and sans-serif numbers in the front. It's a common design. it just so happens that these two teams have nearly identical color scheme. And when they came with this look, the Royals were never expected to face the Dodgers in the regular season anyway.

It's not copying. It's coincidence that they share the same color scheme and both share a common baseball uniform design template.

from Bill Henderson's guide:

"An expansion team in 1969, the Royals inaugural home flannel uniforms are the model of classic simplicity. Button front cream colored flannel with a Dodgers- inspired front script in royal blue, Varsity style single color numbers on the back only, and thin blue soutache piping at the neck and sleeve ends. "

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

from Bill Henderson's guide:

"An expansion team in 1969, the Royals inaugural home flannel uniforms are the model of classic simplicity. Button front cream colored flannel with a Dodgers- inspired front script in royal blue, Varsity style single color numbers on the back only, and thin blue soutache piping at the neck and sleeve ends. "

I still wouldn't say that it's a direct copy. Inspiration, yes. But there were 9 teams in 1968 that had some sort of a cursive script as part of their uniform. I'm just saying that with almost half the league using some form of cursive to their identity, they all had to have some influence. If the Dodgers were the ONLY team that had a cursive script, then you can say it was a copy. But since they weren't the only one, I say that there was some influence from all the other teams.

Go A's!

So the Dodgers played the Royals last nights wearing their grey Alts while the royals wore their whites. I don't know who thought it was a good considering they look almost exactly the same.

So dose anyone know why the royals deiced to copy the Dodgers look? I cant think of any connection between the the two franchise besides the fact that Jackie Robinson played in KC with the monarchs.

Carlos-Triunfel.png

Matt-Kemp9.jpg

One easy way the Royals could make the difference more obvious between the two teams is by returning to the monochrome light blue road jerseys which featured the greatest seasons in franchise history. And it just wasn't the pullover jerseys, KC had button up light blue jerseys with matching pants into the 1980s.

I agree with this. IMO anything else is arguement for the sake of arguement.

The Royals have other colors besides blue and white, don't they? Let me know if I'm wrong in thinking they use gold and light blue as well.

And the Royals couldn't think of any other script other than something that's ridiculously similar to the Dodgers?

I love the Royals' look, but I'm not going to sit here and and blow sunshine by saying they're not trying to look like the Dodgers. It's obvious where the inspiration for their uniforms comes from. Far from "just a coincidence".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New Era offers two shades of royal blue. The lighter one is used by the Royals, Mets, Blue Jays and Brewers, the darker one by the Dodgers and Rangers.

page02.jpg

This graphic is a couple years old, but clearly shows the difference.

MLU-+MLB+All+Star+hat.jpg

The Cubs switched from the dark royal to the lighter one this season.

Who cares if the Dodgers and Royals uniforms look similar?!

I think there are other things in life to worry about.

One thing I don't get with the Dodgers jerseys are the red numbers on the front. That's the only red on the entire uniform.

One thing I don't get with the Dodgers jerseys are the red numbers on the front. That's the only red on the entire uniform.

Except the red on the dodgers primary

What are you talking about? The only red on the Dodgers jerseys is the red numbers on the front.

What are you talking about? The only red on the Dodgers jerseys is the red numbers on the front.

efvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif

efvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif

I'm talking about uniforms, not primary logos. I just find it somewhat strange that the numbers on the front of their jerseys are not blue like they are on the back. No big deal though. There are other things in life I need to be concerned about besides what greedy, money hungry people are wearing.

Someone over in the ASG BP Hat thread is claiming that the teams will be wearing league themed diamond era hats for the ASG this year. Can anyone with any knowledge confirm or deny this?

It would be horrible if it's true. I love seeing the teams in their usual uniforms playing together. It's one of the unique aspects of the MLB ASG.

Anubis.png

You're on the wrong site if you think talking about uniform design is a waste of time.

I never said it was a waste of time. I said I have other things in life to be concerned with. Frankly, I don't care if the Royals uniforms look like the Dodgers uniforms. I don't care if the Yankees are wearing their BP hats during a game, I don't care if the Diamonbacks are wearing their alternate jersey for the 17th game in a row, etc.

Archived