2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pMLB2-18940651_alternate1_dt.jpgpMLB2-18843571dt.jpg

More Turn Back the Clock unis.

...and that is pretty much my perfect Orioles set. That script is exponentially better than anything they've worn since.

I really wish I didn't love my Brewers so; the Orioles are one of those extremely rare teams I would adopt just for their design.

You can ignore posts from individual posters, yes. You can still see that they've posted in a thread and it gives you a prompt that you can click on if you decide to read their post.

I've ignored a few halfwits and egomaniacs over the years but I usually end up reading their posts anyways.

Please tell me how... I have a giant list ready to go.

Hmmm. I just tried to do it and couldn't figure it out. Maybe you can't ignore people anymore. Put it in the FAQ.

PvO6ZWJ.png

...and that is pretty much my perfect Orioles set. That script is exponentially better than anything they've worn since.

I really wish I didn't love my Brewers so; the Orioles are one of those extremely rare teams I would adopt just for their design.

Oh, that is mighty pretty. Out-stand-ing.

As a side note, I wish the O's would have a reason to wear the Browns' throwbacks again.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Gwynn was pure class.

However, it's crazy to think about how one man could be both the best and worst example at the same time, considering what caused his early death.

Learn from him, kids.

87Redskins.png

Now that is a nice uniform for the Orioles, and probably the best iteration of the realistic bird cap. However, I still prefer the '89 look for the team (which they'll be throwing back to later this year, in Oakland, according to stubhub):

img_3520_1.jpg

bw4655bt8vstemhndiemmk2rb.gif

8a7sij3smeuyidw09ehq8y5kx.gif

Just put the cartoon bird on the front (66-74 style), bring in the old striped socks, make a "Baltimore" wordmark, and you'd have a great set.

That script is just...wonderful. As is the cap logo. That logo is, to me at least, the perfect Orioles cap logo.

The O´Jays ?? .......Great, first you watch a terrible game where the Rays play like crap, then you get stabbed.

Terrible.
I know right ? I wish a hurricane would rip the roof off the trop, maybe some air and sunshine can bring the team some life.
Every post you make feels like a natural disaster.
Oh i'm a natural alright.......all 12 inches ......... :)

Because of post like this, is there a way to not show single individuals post? There are a few I would rather not have to view constantly. I love this site other than this type of thing. Thanks!

So glad that i have a sense of humour, must be horrible to be born without one, or having to be around persons without.

That script is just...wonderful. As is the cap logo. That logo is, to me at least, the perfect Orioles cap logo.

Yes this is perfect example of how the bird is a far superior cap logo and classic identity for the o's and what a dated gimmick the cartoon bird really is.

I've never met anyone who likes that "O's" hat. If the Orioles are going to have a letter on one of their hats, I'd prefer it'd be a B.

Ditto . . . on both counts.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Either that, or they figured that a classy tribute was the most appropriate for Gwynn.

I've never met anyone who likes that "O's" hat. If the Orioles are going to have a letter on one of their hats, I'd prefer it'd be a B.

I did a concept which replaced the O's hat with the stylized B from the Baltimore script.

USPAKFU.jpg

I don't think that letter works on its own. I'd rather see a variation of this:

pMLB2-9634194dt.jpg

buck-showalter-hat-300x300.jpg

Archived