2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Not really, the last alt was introduce two years ago, and they changed the road cap to the all navy in 2009

The midnight navy tops, all navy caps, and red jerseys have all been downgrades is the point I believe... And they have been.
Oh totally agree, I had read it as update, not upgrade for some reason

I agree as well. The red alt was fine when it came but now they screwed that one up and need to get rid of it ASAP. The navy alt can stay only if they make the wordmark and numbers red. Get rid of the solid navy cap. Eh, what the heck, I'll even let them keep the cream alt jersey, so long as they move toward these changes.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's twice in two years that the Brewers have worn home throwbacks in Minnesota.

Of course, this year's are pointless ones, being less-attractive versions of their home alts. The only good thing about them would be the lack of name on back, and if New Era makes a period-appropriate cap.

:rolleyes:

Considering they changed it shortly after he brought the discrepancy to their attention, I'd say his claim is pretty good.

The amazing this is that someone had to bring it to their attention. Did no one in the organization notice it already?

Paul Lukas is taking credit for the Braves changing the helmet logo.

Nothing new

He takes credit when ever someone wears stirrups

Can you provide evidence of this?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Paul Lukas is taking credit for the Braves changing the helmet logo.

Nothing new

He takes credit when ever someone wears stirrups

You guys didn't even read what he posted.

"I’ve contacted the Braves to see if the change was directly related to my recent column (no response yet), but I think it’s safe to say that it was. Just to be clear, while I approve of the change, I didn’t lobby for it or suggest that they should do it — I just asked about the cap/helmet inconsistency."

Yeah, sounds like he's taking ALL the credit. :rolleyes:

Also that Brewers throwback is pointless.

bSLCtu2.png

The consistency is good, I guess. I preferred it the other way just because it had been that way for a long time. It also makes the Braves look like fools for apparently not realizing it. If they were like, "Yeah, we know. We just never changed it" it would be fine. But to have no idea that it was different? Maybe that keen eye is the reason all their graphic package uses this awful dark royal blue instead of the navy they wear on their uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes of course they knew it was different. The Yankees are also aware their logos are different and the Tigers are too. Are some of you seriously suggesting they were completely oblivious to this fact? They knew. They have always known.

Yes of course they knew it was different. The Yankees are also aware their logos are different and the Tigers are too. Are some of you seriously suggesting they were completely oblivious to this fact? They knew. They have always known.

When they are notified of the discrepancy and their first reaction is "Whoops! Let me fix that," it certainly doesn't look like they knew of it. I don't think the Yankees or Tigers would match their letters if asked about it by a sports blogger.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That cap got canned last year before Spring training.

I saw one of those today in Santa Monica Lids. Size 7 though. That's the only one I've seen in person since they canned it

I saw that hat on sale at a Lids in Boston just yesterday. "Canned" must be MLB code "on sale coast to coast."

Archived