Carolina '55?

pagan696

My company has worked on a few projects in the signage industry with Matt, and he is a phenomenal designer. His work is outstanding, on so many levels.

We worked with one of his design clients, a local restaurant, called JJ's Red Hots. He did all the design work for the company, we executed the signs. I wish more companies would embrace design as much as JJs has:

jjneon.jpg

jjs_sign_install.jpg

Here's his Dribbble page: http://dribbble.com/MattStevensCLT

Some of those are really nice. I like the full body logo (though I do tend to favor those over animal heads). I also think the head logo is superior to the real thing

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think that full-body logo, with the panther scrambling after the ball, is better than anything the Panthers (or their fellow 1995 cat-themed team, the Jaguars) have ever used.

I do like Carolina's updated current logo, but this has so much more character. It belongs on somebody's helmet, shadow, ball and all.

50_mascot2.jpg

This is terrific. Of course, the population of Charlotte circa 1955 only would have been about 160,000 or so with considerably less suburbia around it, so you'd find it hard to believe there would ever be such a team, but still, what a cool logo. I like it even more than the update they did a couple years ago.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

He nailed the time periods with the Leaping panther and panther head logos. He even got the small errors in printing right.

I think his CP football logo is still a little too modern.

This idea has potential. Think of all the expansion teams we could write the fictional uniform and logo histories for.

PvO6ZWJ.png

i am also a big fan of Matt's. i think he did a great job with the whole project and the CP-football logo shows what separates the average designers from the great: good ideas.

i also have a bit of an issue with the helmet though. like rtrich said, it would likely have been blank, maybe with a stripe or a number on the side. a logo or any graphic at that time was on the cutting edge. but, let's say they were there anyway, the problem is it looks just like the Bears' helmet of the 60's.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived