NEW YORK CITY FC new logo

microdragon

All I know is that the bird on the left is way uglier than the one on the right. Hahaha! I think since the team is a joint venture with Man City and the Yankees there may be some iconography from both teams in the final logo. The eagle head just doesn't fit the rest of this logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think it looks nice. Originally, Yankee Stadium was said to be the team's home. Is that not still the plan? Where will they reside?

The facade is not from the Pinstripe Bowl logo, but looking at all versions of it across different logos, it appears to be a manipulation of this one:

fon8mklwzfrywat87q3wsffbc.gif

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Cosmos wouldn't sign on to MLS rules - I think they were hoping for a Dallas Cowboy-type deal, opting out of the league-wide merchandising. But MLS would have required them to turn over their trademarks to the league, and that soured the Cosmos on joining. They dropped out of the bidding, and NYCFC was selected instead. So the Cosmos are in NASL, the second division. I suspect they have eyes on becoming so big MLS asks them to join later.

If its a place holder and I'm wrong then I am happy to be wrong

It's clearly a place holder.
Exactly. They call it the "launch crest".

The Cosmos wouldn't sign on to MLS rules - I think they were hoping for a Dallas Cowboy-type deal, opting out of the league-wide merchandising. But MLS would have required them to turn over their trademarks to the league, and that soured the Cosmos on joining. They dropped out of the bidding, and NYCFC was selected instead. So the Cosmos are in NASL, the second division. I suspect they have eyes on becoming so big MLS asks them to join later.

If its a place holder and I'm wrong then I am happy to be wrong

It's clearly a place holder.
Exactly. They call it the "launch crest".

I'm not well-versed in this topic so I gotta ask. How does this work and why would Dallas do that? The NFL doesn't get a cut when someone buys a Cowboys shirt and vice versa?

Are the Cowboys the only pro team doing this?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I believe that was a deal the Cowboys wanted, not one they actually got, at least I hope that is the case because that would be the height of Jerry Jones arrogance. The Cowboys are not American's team like they were in the 70's. They need to realize that they are not bigger than the NFL. Heck, they are barely relevant as a potential playoff team. They are about 1-2 bad seasons away from being the Raiders.

Archived