College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky is going with a semi-monochrome look today: White-Blue-Blue:

Sorry dude, there is no such thing as "semi-monochrome" monochrome means all one color so it's either monochrome or not. There is no in between. I like the look though

Okay...you are new here...this argument has happened several times over the years and frankly I agree with your statement, but most people on the site will say that this is monochrome. So even though I agree with you and disagree with many, I will use the term semi-monochrome when the helmet is a different color and everyone else can call it what you want.

While I am a relatively new member, I am not new to the boards and have followed these college football pages for 4 years now. I have read these arguments every year and know what you are talking. While people prefer to call this "monochrome" or "semi-monochrome", it's not. Im not trying to single you out and while we agree on this, I, and probably, find this annoying. People can call it what they want, there is nothing I can do about it.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

Anybody know if Memphis had a new helmet this week? Heard it from some people but haven't seen any pictures.

Yes

BzsbImGCUAA2qj4_zps1d53c635.jpg

Here is a gameday picture:

10534716_10152471156457734_3781082854674

I liked it at first, but the more I look at it, the more clip-art the tiger head looks.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Anybody know if Memphis had a new helmet this week? Heard it from some people but haven't seen any pictures.

Yes

Here is a gameday picture: 10534716_10152471156457734_3781082854674

Is that a new logo for Memphis?

I feel like the logo is really far back on the helmet. It might just be that style of helmet though.

Monochrome:

rice-0006.jpg

Hmm. What about all the orange?

Well by that token, no uniforms would be monochrome.

Exactly. It's pretty meaningless. Every time some says "technically it isn't monochrome if the helmet doesn't match" I think, no, technically it isn't monochrome (meaning one-color) unless there is literally only one color. (Which is actually possible... think navy blue uniform with sky blue numbers) Again, by the most technical definition of the term monochrome, quite a few teams wear monochrome uniforms in every game... Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Alabama... all monochrome since technically white is not a color (read some basic color theory).

So since the term monochrome is pretty much never used on here in a literally correct way, it makes perfect sense that people can use it however they want. And most people on this board will refer to any non-white football uniform in which the pants match the jersey as "monochrome", quickly followed by the words "ugly, or "nasty."

Monochrome:

rice-0006.jpg

Exactly. It's pretty meaningless. Every time some says "technically it isn't monochrome if the helmet doesn't match" I think, no, technically it isn't monochrome (meaning one-color) unless there is literally only one color. (Which is actually possible... think navy blue uniform with sky blue numbers) Again, by the most technical definition of the term monochrome, quite a few teams wear monochrome uniforms in every game... Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Alabama... all monochrome since technically white is not a color (read some basic color theory).

So since the term monochrome is pretty much never used on here in a literally correct way, it makes perfect sense that people can use it however they want. And most people on this board will refer to any non-white football uniform in which the pants match the jersey as "monochrome", quickly followed by the words "ugly, or "nasty."

Alabama can't be monochrome, they have a stupid grey facemask

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Monochrome:

rice-0006.jpg

Alabama can't be monochrome, they have a totally awesome grey facemask
Fixed!

Yes

Here is a gameday picture:

10534716_10152471156457734_3781082854674

Is that a new logo for Memphis?

I think it's just the head of the tiger that is jumping through the M. Partially new, I guess?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Monochrome:

rice-0006.jpg

Alabama can't be monochrome, they have a stupid grey facemask

Well, if we want to continue to play the "literal meaning game" gray isn't a color either. So... back to monochrome.

Wow, just saw this on twitter. Maybe they will end up trying to do it, or just announce that it was a fake fan made thing. But either way, pretty cool that Mizzou noticed it...if this lady tells the truth

295xxd4.jpg

Congrats man, that's really cool. Would hope they compensate/recognize you somehow, but doubt it.

At this point it would just be really cool to see it happen.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived