College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Oh dear sweet baby Jeebus.....

Screenshot_2014-10-07-11-06-11-1_zps13c4

What is the yellow ribbon in support of, again? Tony Orlando?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football%20Week%205%20Edited.jpg

Not just yellow, but highlighter yellow...the same color Nike calls "volt"...and Purdue just happens to be a Nike program...surprised no one's yet put two and two together on that.

This may well be for a noble cause, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nike coaxed Purdue into using volt just to get their "proprietary" color out on the public eye one more time.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not just yellow, but highlighter yellow...the same color Nike calls "volt"...and Purdue just happens to be a Nike program...surprised no one's yet put two and two together on that.

This may well be for a noble cause, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nike coaxed Purdue into using volt just to get their "proprietary" color out on the public eye one more time.

Aside from full redesigns/rebrands how much input or effort does nike actually put into helmet designs? I would assume that nike has zero input on most of these crazy helmet tweaks that are outside of a special uni program and the schools are directly responsible. If there's no direct nike apparrel tie in I can't imagine them committing resources to new helmet designs or even decals for that matter.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it is 100% purdue desicion. Otherwise the picture would be of the actual uniform. It would mention volt© atleast 10 times and there would be a Nike logo somwhere

UTEP has a pretty cool throwback helmet for this weekend, they are describing the facemask as a cream color

BzSdqs2CMAA43C1.jpg

That's a pretty cool looking helmet.

Yeah, I wish more schools would use their retro cartoon logos as one-offs (I know the Michigan one would be a hit if they could incorporate it somehow)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

UTEP has a pretty cool throwback helmet for this weekend, they are describing the facemask as a cream color

BzSdqs2CMAA43C1.jpg

That's a pretty cool looking helmet.

Yeah, I wish more schools would use their retro cartoon logos as one-offs (I know the Michigan one would be a hit if they could incorporate it somehow)

Other teams? Sure. Michigan? No.

@DukeFBEquipment says the team is wearing a previously unused uniform combination this weekend at Georgia Tech.

BzdHdbgIEAAQwwm.jpg

^^^ that's funny, cause Ebola

But for Purdue, I've seen like 3 screen clippings of their official accounts, demanding that people know that Nike had NOTHING to do with that helmet. It was all their design, and Nike had zero say in it at all

They look nice, but it'll look like a scrimmage vs Alabama.

As it would have anytime we played them between the 1960 and 1992. This is the look that most Hog fans over 30 grew up with. There is definitely going to be a lot of fans happy with these.

That happened twice (62, 80). Wouldn't it have made more sense to wear them vs LSU or Ole Miss?

Archived