College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MIzzou's combo for the Gold Rush game...

10-10-14-Sud-Sasser-Georgia-Main.jpg

Did you see that Missouri is gonna try to pull tiger stripes off on November 1st against Kentucky. It sure will look awesome if they pull it off:

Missu.PNG

That's a fake, fan-made edit. Spot the @football_concepts watermark right above the stands.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

MIzzou's combo for the Gold Rush game...

10-10-14-Sud-Sasser-Georgia-Main.jpg

BTW, this should be Missouri standard home uniform as it is beautiful!

Did you see that Missouri is gonna try to pull tiger stripes off on November 1st against Kentucky. It sure will look awesome if they pull it off:

Missu.PNG

That's a fake, fan-made edit. Spot the @football_concepts watermark right above the stands.

I found it on Phil Heckon's (Uni-Tracker) Twitter feed and thought it was legit as 99% of his tweets are correct.

spacer.png

Missu.PNG

Ya I actually made that lol, I just posted it as kind of a joke/cool concept, and it took off

Ya I actually made that lol, I just posted it as kind of a joke/cool concept, and it took off

If Tennessee can pull of the checkerboard stands, than anything is possible.

Lol. 99% is far too generous to Phil. He posts a lot of crap.

I follow him religiously as he is the best source of uniform news out there in my opinion.

spacer.png

University of South Dakota is getting a new set: #coyotechrome

635484613374220702-uniformmer.jpg

The helmet is nice, but those numbers are brutal.

Isn't this essentially the same as Rutgers' red jerseys?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

UTEP has a pretty cool throwback helmet for this weekend, they are describing the facemask as a cream color

BzSdqs2CMAA43C1.jpg

Cool to see UTEP bring this back. When I was really young (80s), my dad and I went to a UTEP vs. Air Force game, with the Miners wearing this helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Missu.PNG

hahaha, I wouldn't be surprised if the school ended up attempting this at some point

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Calling Phil's twitter account "crap" is asinine and uneducated. That's just not true. He saw that post from a credible source that didn't specify one way or another regarding the truth to it, and Phil assumed it was a proposal. It's so well done, I see how he thought that. Paul did the same thing. Those things happen, especially in today's social media age.

Regardless, that picture reminds me of the renderings for the new Auburn Arena when the plans were released in like 2007. Needless to say, it didn't happen that way

1836937_zpsadd12854.jpeg

ojNNazQ.jpg

Calling Phil's twitter account "crap" is asinine and uneducated. That's just not true. He saw that post from a credible source that didn't specify one way or another regarding the truth to it, and Phil assumed it was a proposal. It's so well done, I see how he thought that. Paul did the same thing. Those things happen, especially in today's social media age.

I didn't say his twitter was crap...I said he posts a lot of crap. Meaning, he posts a fair amount of blatantly fake or photoshopped things. I wish he would take more time to vet stuff than rushing to be the one to "break" a story. Though with Uni-Watch being affiliated with ESPN, I think that comes with the territory.

But I understand you two are close, as it seems almost every other retweet comes from your account.

I didn't say his twitter was crap...I said he posts a lot of crap. Meaning, he posts a fair amount of blatantly fake or photoshopped things. I wish he would take more time to vet stuff than rushing to be the one to "break" a story. Though with Uni-Watch being affiliated with ESPN, I think that comes with the territory.

But I understand you two are close, as it seems almost every other retweet comes from your account.

I understand that. But (and I don't mean to come off as an ass, just clearing this up) Phil is not associated with ESPN. Paul is. And then he has his site. Phil is quick to correct that. I agree with some of the items that are posted, but at least it isn't the stupid "CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME CONCEPTS THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE INTERNET FOR 5 YEARS" posts that those NFL-parody accounts continue to RT every freaking day.

ojNNazQ.jpg

I understand that. But (and I don't mean to come off as an ass, just clearing this up) Phil is not associated with ESPN. Paul is. And then he has his site. Phil is quick to correct that. I agree with some of the items that are posted, but at least it isn't the stupid "CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME CONCEPTS THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE INTERNET FOR 5 YEARS" posts that those NFL-parody accounts continue to RT every freaking day.

Therein lies the inherent problem with daily blogs and/or regular twitter. There's such a constant need for content, especially for ticker items and twitter posts (which is 99.9% fluff/filler) there's a perverse incentive to not do any sanity checks on what's being provided. I suppose the new paradigm is post first, deal with the details/repercussions later. Unless lukas and his partners/affiliates get called out for their laziness they'll keep posting crap to keep the wheels rolling. Don't get me wrong they are just an example of a much bigger problem that's only going to get worse before it gets better.

You're right, and sadly that's just the truth regarding the media today. It happens on here too, even though most of this site wouldn't be considered the media. The world is centered around being the first, not so much getting it right.

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived