North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

Thank you.

I'm working with that group, helping them get started, and that's where I put my foot down. Awful idea. Coming from a fine place, but no.

As for some of them going to the game, that's not an issue. But an organized group outing? To make a point about fans of a club that's not playing that day? Bad idea. Won't end well.

Out of the ones they had listed I was most partial to the New Amsterdam Army but Third Rail works as well.

I have the feeling the most they will do is just wear NYCFC paraphernalia and just sit together.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - there's nothing they can do about that far-left corner, as the stadium backs onto a road along the marina, but at the very least they could extend the grandstand to cover more sides of the pitch.

If they want to stay there, that is. Anybody have a sense of the Rowdies' plans?

Everyone likes downtown St Pete as a venue, but a non profit company St Pete Baseball Commission is blocking any moves to change the configuration, Ralph's Mob had a banner against them earlier.

And to the kid whose first rowdies game was against the cosmos, I was tere and it was the worst I've seen it. Last year was a lot of fun, but the club leader had to step down so they're trying to reorganize.

That, and the team is no good this year.

Yeah - there's nothing they can do about that far-left corner, as the stadium backs onto a road along the marina, but at the very least they could extend the grandstand to cover more sides of the pitch.

If they want to stay there, that is. Anybody have a sense of the Rowdies' plans?

Everyone likes downtown St Pete as a venue, but a non profit company St Pete Baseball Commission is blocking any moves to change the configuration, Ralph's Mob had a banner against them earlier.

And to the kid whose first rowdies game was against the cosmos, I was tere and it was the worst I've seen it. Last year was a lot of fun, but the club leader had to step down so they're trying to reorganize.

That, and the team is no good this year.

Hopefully I'll go to a game next year or so when the team is playing better. It's tough to get into a game when the team isn't winning not playing well the entire season.

I know what you mean...it's really hard to get people to support a losing side and even harder to get yourself there.

Well, I gotta go. Gonna go watch the winless in the NASL Indy Eleven tonight with 10,000 others.

Even that might be too much. But we'll see.

I really liked NAA, too. Here was the rough concept I worked up:

0699C238-1311-4C5A-AA10-EBCEFF445899_zps

That's a pretty good concept.

I am just hoping that the Cosmos-Red Bulls game will be a good experience. The only thing I worry about is that Red Bull is notorious for giving the least amount of :censored:s about the USOC, among MLS teams, and playing reserve players. It would suck for RBNY to not put its best foot forward since I plan on going to that game.

Nothing official yet you understand, but there's rumour doing the rounds in the press here in Englandshire that Chelsea won't be offering Frank Lampard a new deal, and he'll be making a move to New York City FC.

NYCFC isn't playing around it seems.

If Lampard and Villa come it should get a ton of fans of European teams in NY to see them for at least one game (whether or not they will remains fans is to be seen).

Here's a link to the article that seems to have got the rumour moving - it claims both Lampard and Villa were at Manchester City's training ground today to sort out the details of their respective moves.

Make of it what you will...

Well David Villa was already confirmed to sign with NYCFC on a three year contract. As for Lampard, he was rumored to go to either LA Galaxy or RBNY. But NYCFC will have the biggest backers so no surprise at all.

Here's a link to the article that seems to have got the rumour moving - it claims both Lampard and Villa were at Manchester City's training ground today to sort out the details of their respective moves.

Make of it what you will...

Well David Villa was already confirmed to sign with NYCFC on a three year contract. As for Lampard, he was rumored to go to either LA Galaxy or RBNY. But NYCFC will have the biggest backers so no surprise at all.

Villa hasn't actually been confirmed. Neither of them have, although it seems a done deal so long as they passed today's physicals.

Speaking of, why does he always have his full name on the back of his jersey? It's never "VILLA". It's "DAVID VILLA"

David-Villa-007.jpg

David-Villa-and-Emilio-Iz-006.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Confirmed this morning - David Villa is coming to NYC.

David-Villa-NYCFC-620x400.jpg

NYCFC is definitely on the right track and are really trying to capture the city as they are knocking everything out of the park so far except for the stadium situation.

Too bad their majority owner has made me weary of ever embracing the club though. :(

Archived