Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

Another thing that's bugged me for a long time is the location of the Super Bowl logos. In the 80's and part of the 90's the logos were placed on the 35 yard line. The same yard line as kickoffs. When kickoffs were moved back to the 30 yard line they moved the logos to the 25 yard line, instead of the 30, for no reason. Now almost all college and NFL teams do this.

Just put the damn logo at midfield.

didn't they for super bowl 36, i thought that was great

018inside.jpg

Yeah, I think SB37 was the last time they had the logo at midfield.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing that's bugged me for a long time is the location of the Super Bowl logos. In the 80's and part of the 90's the logos were placed on the 35 yard line. The same yard line as kickoffs. When kickoffs were moved back to the 30 yard line they moved the logos to the 25 yard line, instead of the 30, for no reason. Now almost all college and NFL teams do this.

018inside.jpg

The helmets were on the 30 yard line too!

018inside.jpg

This is the field the NFL should do for the big game.

bSLCtu2.png

018inside.jpg

The helmets were on the 30 yard line too!

Super%20Bowl.jpg

I don't know. I prefer the NFL shield at midfield and the Super Bowl logo at the 25/30 yard lines. Super Bowl XXXVIII (38) had this right:

national-football-league-afc-houston-tex

The thing that shocks me most is all that white.

I was just thinking the same thing.

One Super Bowl had a player for the losing team as the MVP. And his jersey is colored in this graphic. One Super Bowl had co-MVP's, and theirs is white. So I guess you could say the anomoly evens it out. But I guess you are better off wearing white for the Super Bowl!?

iq5b7nF.png

The thing that shocks me most is all that white.

I was just thinking the same thing.

One Super Bowl had a player for the losing team as the MVP. And his jersey is colored in this graphic. One Super Bowl had co-MVP's, and theirs is white. So I guess you could say the anomoly evens it out. But I guess you are better off wearing white for the Super Bowl!?

Same with Super Bowl XL when the Steelers chose to wear white even though they were the designated home team.

SuperBowlMVPs.png

Surprised Dallas still holds a lot of Super Bowl firsts;

1) First MVP from a losing team [Howley in Super Bowl V]

2) First team to prevent opposing team from scoring at least 6 points [vs. Miami in Super Bowl VI]

3) First team with two MVPs in same game [Harvey Martin and Randy White vs. Denver in Super Bowl XII]

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

018inside.jpg

I LOVED this look! That just screams Super Bowl to me.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

018inside.jpg

I LOVED this look! That just screams Super Bowl to me.

I like the helmet logos at each 30. Maybe if they would bring it back, they bring back helmet logos for each team. It does really feel like the Super Bowl field.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

NFL logo at midfield
Super Bowl Logos at the 25's
Primary wordmark in the endzone, Helmet with team logo on the left, Helmet with conference logo on the right. Primary Endzone color to be the team's color contrasting from their helmet's primary color (i.e. Broncos helmet is blue, Endzone color is Orange)

Should always be the Super Bowl field art formula

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

SuperBowlMVPs.png

Surprised Dallas still holds a lot of Super Bowl firsts;

1) First MVP from a losing team [Howley in Super Bowl V]

2) First team to prevent opposing team from scoring at least 6 points [vs. Miami in Super Bowl VI]

3) First team with two MVPs in same game [Harvey Martin and Randy White vs. Denver in Super Bowl XII]

Well, you can only be first once...

:)

Archived