College Baseball 2014

cajunaggie08

The Hofstra Pride for their March 19th home opener! Blue on blue!

BjHFMitIAAAMrGk.jpg

They look like a :censored: ing softball team. Monochrome uniforms other than white or grey (and sometimes powder blue) in baseball just look downright disgusting.

You're about as big of a fool as the dude who keeps screaming for pull-overs. Everything has it's place, whether you like it or not. It's people like you that keep progress from happening. There's nothing wrong with that uniform.
There are about twenty things wrong with that uniform.

Good for you that you think that.
Well, that's what this whole site is about. Giving your thoughts on uniforms. You don't have to get offended because someone (or everyone) disagrees with you.

Amen. Oddball, no I'm not a fool. You have no reason to mock me like that. That's probably the first time you've ever quoted something of mine, and you come out sounding like a douche.

I personally think that baseball should have white, grey, and colored jerseys. The pants, should be white, grey, powder blue, and maybe orange and yellow, like the old Orioles and A's. Any other monochrome baseball uniform looks like crap. No team should wear all black, charcoal, navy, green, etc. It makes them look like a softball team.

Just curious Griff (and everyone honestly) -- what makes orange and yellow ok? I believe the colored pants have a place in history but shouldn't be brought back. The Cuba WBC are an eyesore IMHO.

It's just specifically the all orange and yellow uniforms the O's and A's wore back in the 70's. Probably the only monochrome uniforms I like are the aforementioned.

163494723BM_Angels_Athletics0145-575x567

Orioles_display_image.jpg?1304305768

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BYU got new uniforms this year--in particular, they finally switched back to the more traditional block Y as their hat logo. They also have royal blue throwbacks that would look good except for the wide piping.

515c25636897c.preview-620.jpg

Baseball_001-1.jpg

byu-baseball.jpg

BaseballUtah_03.jpg

For comparison, their old hat logo was the Y from their football helmet logo, but without the oval. I've always thought it always looked a little off outside of the football helmet context.

YSBSB-2013-22_Large.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The Hofstra Pride for their March 19th home opener! Blue on blue!BjHFMitIAAAMrGk.jpg

They look like a :censored: ing softball team. Monochrome uniforms other than white or grey (and sometimes powder blue) in baseball just look downright disgusting.

You're about as big of a fool as the dude who keeps screaming for pull-overs. Everything has it's place, whether you like it or not. It's people like you that keep progress from happening. There's nothing wrong with that uniform.
There are about twenty things wrong with that uniform.

Good for you that you think that.
Well, that's what this whole site is about. Giving your thoughts on uniforms. You don't have to get offended because someone (or everyone) disagrees with you.

Amen. Oddball, no I'm not a fool. You have no reason to mock me like that. That's probably the first time you've ever quoted something of mine, and you come out sounding like a douche.

I personally think that baseball should have white, grey, and colored jerseys. The pants, should be white, grey, powder blue, and maybe orange and yellow, like the old Orioles and A's. Any other monochrome baseball uniform looks like crap. No team should wear all black, charcoal, navy, green, etc. It makes them look like a softball team.

Just curious Griff (and everyone honestly) -- what makes orange and yellow ok? I believe the colored pants have a place in history but shouldn't be brought back. The Cuba WBC are an eyesore IMHO.

It's just specifically the all orange and yellow uniforms the O's and A's wore back in the 70's. Probably the only monochrome uniforms I like are the aforementioned.

163494723BM_Angels_Athletics0145-575x567

Orioles_display_image.jpg?1304305768

I understand what uniforms you are referencing but what about them make it acceptable? Is it just the nostalgia of the uniforms? Would ALL orange and yellow be okay or just the A's and O's. What if the Astros busted out all orange uniforms would they still be okay? Just curious, I think yellow and orange are just as bad as the rest of them but the nostalgia of the ones aforementioned makes them tolerable.

BYU got new uniforms this year--in particular, they finally switched back to the more traditional block Y as their hat logo. They also have royal blue throwbacks that would look good except for the wide piping.

Baseball_001-1.jpg

byu-baseball.jpg

BaseballUtah_03.jpg

For comparison, their old hat logo was the Y from their football helmet logo, but without the oval. I've always thought it always looked a little off outside of the football helmet context.

YSBSB-2013-22_Large.jpg

I like how they went back to the block Y and the numbers on the sleeves of the blue is a nice touch. However, why would they do a different number font for the royal blue? Nike or its teams is really bad about having different number fonts with all these different jerseys for their baseball teams. It makes teams look like a brought together travel team.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Baseball_001-1.jpg

byu-baseball.jpg

BaseballUtah_03.jpg

I like how they went back to the block Y and the numbers on the sleeves of the blue is a nice touch. However, why would they do a different number font for the royal blue? Nike or its teams is really bad about having different number fonts with all these different jerseys for their baseball teams. It makes teams look like a brought together travel team.

The royal blue jersey also use a different cursive script than the navy ones. The only reason I can think of for the font differences is some sort of a throw/fauxback claim. The throwback nature of specific design elements is hard to verify--BYU has had decent enough alumni play in the majors that you'd think some old school pictures of BYU baseball uniforms would be floating around out there, but I haven't been able to find very many.

Here's what the team's home unis looked like when I started in the mid-90s:

RyanHancock_zpscab8435c.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The royal blue jersey also use a different cursive script than the navy ones. The only reason I can think of for the font differences is some sort of a throw/fauxback claim. The throwback nature of specific design elements is hard to verify--BYU has had decent enough alumni play in the majors that you'd think some old school pictures of BYU baseball uniforms would be floating around out there, but I haven't been able to find very many.

Here's what the team's home unis looked like when I started in the mid-90s:

The white jersey with the Y is nice, but I do think Yale when I see it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Notre Dame with their White Sox uniforms and once again, Richard Launius is left wondering where his check is.

BkieIGhIAAA17Kq.jpg

I actually like these. I keep going back and forth on the pants, but I love those stirrups.

I won't comment on anyone's opinion of liking that uniform (too much going on for me) and I'm a huge fan of FSU's all gold look.... BUT DEAR LORD how did they let this happen in that series? It looked really bad on tv.

am2DioW.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Notre Dame with their White Sox uniforms and once again, Richard Launius is left wondering where his check is.

BkieIGhIAAA17Kq.jpg

I actually like these. I keep going back and forth on the pants, but I love those stirrups.

I won't comment on anyone's opinion of liking that uniform (too much going on for me) and I'm a huge fan of FSU's all gold look.... BUT DEAR LORD how did they let this happen in that series? It looked really bad on tv.

am2DioW.jpg

So much gold...We couldn't have thrown some white pants in here anywhere? Or a maroon top for FSU? Ugh...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived