NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Slightly OT. but am I the only person amazed that the Leprechaun in the Celtics' logo still has a pipe? I'd have thought that in this day and age, when corporations are so terrified of offending even a single person, that would have been removed years ago.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Warriors black jersey for 14/15.

Although you didn't provide any evidence, after looking at that logo sheet, I'd say you're right

I disagree. I don't think they'll introduce a black jersey. Often, teams will demo their logos on logo sheets on different background colors. Black and white are very common backgrounds, along with other team colors. I assume it is simply demonstrating how the logo will be used when placed against a black background, but I could be wrong.

ujsignature.png

Cavs owner Dan Gillbert posted this to twitter saying it would be worn by the Cavs first overall pick. Interesting that they went with orange and blue instead of wine and gold.

Bq2HQvlCcAAmo4t.png

Is that crocodile skin?

87Redskins.png

Cavs owner Dan Gillbert posted this to twitter saying it would be worn by the Cavs first overall pick. Interesting that they went with orange and blue instead of wine and gold.

Bq2HQvlCcAAmo4t.png

Would love to see them go back to more emphasis on blue and gold/orange. Keep red as an accent color.
No, no, no. The Cavaliers' original colors were not orange and royal blue!
Mark Price era nimwit
Thanks for the history lesson...hadn't ever heard of Craig Ehlo and Brad Daugherty until this evening. Give me the 1970's Cavaliers jerseys any day over those orange and royal blue CAVS disaster outfits.
My bad but these are the best versions of their current unis. Maybe replace orange with gold?

2012-cavfanatic.png

2012-cavfanatic.png

http://www.cavshistory.com/jerseys/2011-2012-cavfanatic-jersey/

Link (provided) says it was a hybrid of the designs of the 1987-1994 Jerseys mashed up with the newest unis.

shado_logo.gif

New Warriors black jersey for 14/15.

Although you didn't provide any evidence, after looking at that logo sheet, I'd say you're right

I disagree. I don't think they'll introduce a black jersey. Often, teams will demo their logos on logo sheets on different background colors. Black and white are very common backgrounds, along with other team colors. I assume it is simply demonstrating how the logo will be used when placed against a black background, but I could be wrong.

I think uni watch released some details a while back saying the warriors will a black or dark grey jersey

Slightly OT. but am I the only person amazed that the Leprechaun in the Celtics' logo still has a pipe? I'd have thought that in this day and age, when corporations are so terrified of offending even a single person, that would have been removed years ago.

Let him do chewing tobacco insted :)

C'mon dude...of course it's part of the primary. I'm gonna go ahead and connect the dots and say they are bringing the arched all-caps wordmark back to the jerseys.

It's also a year where the Kings could have a 30th anniversary logo, as they had a 20th in 2004-05 and a 25th in 2009-10. That's probably just me using silly logic again, though.

I think I agree...for years, they've been phasing out that typeface, and bringing it back now seems deliberate on their part.

I am a Sac area resident and was recently down at one of the team shops. In speaking with an actual manager who might know a thing or two he gave me some tidbits (taken with a grain of salt) that are interesting. First thing was that the Kings will no longer own their own team stores. Similar to Brooklyn and New Orleans, Adidas will be actually owning the team stores. The upside to this is that the ability to release more throwback jerseys is possible now. Previously Adidas mandates a certain number of units purchased of a jersey. That won't matter now that they own the stores themselves.

The next bit of info he gave me was the Kings plan on throwing back to the Webber era unis again this year. Not the checkerboard design(which Webber never wore) but more than likely the black road jersey. This is supposed to coincide with 1 of or both of 2 things. 1 is Ben Mclemore is supposedly changing numbers to free up #16 so as to retire the number for Peja. The other is also retiring #55 for Jason Williams who also brought these specific unis into the national spotlight.

That's not to say that a return to the wordmark isn't a permanent plan going forward, but I think these are more likely scenarios in the short term.

I want to see the Cavaliers in orange, sky blue and black again.

Excuse me for favoring unique color schemes at all possible times. The NBA used to have that going for itself.

It's too bad those Cavs logos and uniforms (and teams) were so bad, because that could be a great uniform. I still prefer wine and gold/yellow or wine, gold, and navy, but black, sky blue, and orange could look good if done right.
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

C'mon dude...of course it's part of the primary. I'm gonna go ahead and connect the dots and say they are bringing the arched all-caps wordmark back to the jerseys.

It's also a year where the Kings could have a 30th anniversary logo, as they had a 20th in 2004-05 and a 25th in 2009-10. That's probably just me using silly logic again, though.

I think I agree...for years, they've been phasing out that typeface, and bringing it back now seems deliberate on their part.

I am a Sac area resident and was recently down at one of the team shops. In speaking with an actual manager who might know a thing or two he gave me some tidbits (taken with a grain of salt) that are interesting. First thing was that the Kings will no longer own their own team stores. Similar to Brooklyn and New Orleans, Adidas will be actually owning the team stores. The upside to this is that the ability to release more throwback jerseys is possible now. Previously Adidas mandates a certain number of units purchased of a jersey. That won't matter now that they own the stores themselves.

The next bit of info he gave me was the Kings plan on throwing back to the Webber era unis again this year. Not the checkerboard design(which Webber never wore) but more than likely the black road jersey. This is supposed to coincide with 1 of or both of 2 things. 1 is Ben Mclemore is supposedly changing numbers to free up #16 so as to retire the number for Peja. The other is also retiring #55 for Jason Williams who also brought these specific unis into the national spotlight.

That's not to say that a return to the wordmark isn't a permanent plan going forward, but I think these are more likely scenarios in the short term.

The sac kings have the absolute sorriest group of retired numbers in the history of the nba. They are all a bunch of 2nd tier all stars and past their prime journeymen. Might as well get spudd webb and wayman tisdale in the mix while they are at it.

Archived