NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas looks awful. It looks like they slapped a skyline on a practice jersey.

New Orleans would've looked much better gold. Red and Blue with a gold accent is far inferior to

Blue and gold with a red accent. Lets hope the crazy new court shows that.

Atlanta looks way worse than Hawks on the home jersey. PAC on the shorts looks good though.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

There is a t-shirt that the Mavs posted on their twitter (can't access it from work, sorry) that features the skyline over the wordmark, similar to the jersey, but IT'S A DIFFERENT SKYLINE. This one features the Reunion Tower. SMH.

So many people clamoring for a gold Pels jersey? The Wizards gold jersey was gaudy, tacky, and just plain awful. Granted, the black shorts didn't do it any favors, but it was still ugly enough on its own. I'm also not sure they could even do gold jerseys in the Rev30s as it wouldn't have that sheen to it.

? How do they get that wrong? Either the skyline design is finished and ready to be applied to a jersey, or it isn't. If the Reunion Tower is the most distinctive silhouette in the Dallas skyline (I'll defer to others on this), then how did a version without the tower even get past the drawing board?

And I'm sorry to all the Dallas residents here, but just because you're a city doesn't mean you have an iconic skyline.

This. I'm sure it means something to locals, but as an East Coast guy, that skyline looks generic to me.

Plenty of people disagree with you:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/entertainment/2014/09/10/dallas-voted-best-skyline/15371031/

Of the cities on that list, I have a mental image for all those skylines except Dallas, Rio, and Hong Kong (which isn't a city so wtf?). I'm sorry that I never watched that 80s soap opera. What's so special about this skyline? Toronto has the CN Tower, St. Louis the arch, Seattle the Space Needle. A bunch of block skyscrapers isn't iconic

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I've heard that at the press conference, Cuban said the jerseys were hastily done, and that the actual ones worn next year will include Reunion Tower. It might be the rendering from that tee.

The Finalists were announced over a year ago. How could they not be ready?

? How do they get that wrong? Either the skyline design is finished and ready to be applied to a jersey, or it isn't. If the Reunion Tower is the most distinctive silhouette in the Dallas skyline (I'll defer to others on this), then how did a version without the tower even get past the drawing board?

If I had to guess, I'd say they tried to tweak it, people went "WHERE'S THE REUNION TOWER?!" and Cuban went into face saving mode.

Honestly kinda like the Mavs jersey. I wish it was primarily green, but I can't really see them moving away from the two blues now. Maybe since they already have the Dallas skyline they could have "Mavericks" on the front as well, but for fan designed, I'm pretty good with it.

As for the Pelicans jersey, it needs more gold. I don't know if a gold jersey would be better, but it just looks like the team forgot the gold along the way of making the jersey. Also, for some reason, I have a feeling the red jersey is going to become an alt jersey the team wears more then the regular road, like the navy Cavaliers or yellow Pacers jerseys.

Well, the Dallas alt certainly looks fan designed...

And every bit of the Pelicans brand (aside from the logos) continues to really disappoint me. If this is the best that they could come up with, they really shouldn't have even bothered with a rebrand. So generic and dull, it screams "dusty old Southern city" rather than New Orleans.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

My render of what the Pels alt could look like:

ByPJUvdIAAAhKQk.png

though, they could include different waistband and shorts logos maybe.

5459_atlanta_hawks-alternate-2011.gif

Gonna be hard to distinguish whose playing this year. These are soo similar to other unis in the past (76ers, Pistons,other Rwb jerseys).

NBA dropped the ball and again went with the safe approach with Pelicans and Hornets alternate unis. (Universally we all agree their should be a Mardi Gras Pelicans version and/or Honeycomb pattern Hornets version)

shado_logo.gif

And I'm sorry to all the Dallas residents here, but just because you're a city doesn't mean you have an iconic skyline.

This. I'm sure it means something to locals, but as an East Coast guy, that skyline looks generic to me.

Plenty of people disagree with you:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/entertainment/2014/09/10/dallas-voted-best-skyline/15371031/

Are you kidding me? That Internet vote screams "rigged" and everyone knows it.

I agree with other sentiments. Why have a "skyline" jersey if you don't have an iconic, instantly identifiable skyline? New York has Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, even the Freedom Tower. Chicago has Willis Tower. Seattle has the Space Needle. St Louis has the Gateway Arch. Toronto has CN Tower. Even Los Angeles may be more recognizable with Liberty Tower that dominates its skyline. Dallas doesn't have that iconic structure these cities do so this just seems like a reach...

And if you're gonna reach, atleast excute it properly. Reunion Tower looks like a giant dildo in that skyline on the jersey ...embarrassing.

ByPBCr-CMAA3N8L.jpg

NYCdog.png

The corrected render, for the record:

ByPvpvSIQAEbPDA.png

Needs some personality, imo. Gimme some Mardi Gras flair dammit!

I think the side panels would be perfect for a continued French Qtr-style wrought iron facade pattern, melding into the Crescent City secondary logo on the shorts. Other than that, it's ok.

NYCdog.png

Archived