NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Not that I'm defending Dallas's usage of the skyline for their design, since I think it should just be a Nuggets thing, but it's not like Denver has an iconic skyline either

Perhaps not by itself. But Denver's graphic relies on the combination of skyline and mountainscape. I think the combination is iconic enough to be identified with the city.

Plus, they have first mover's advantage. :P

I wish they'd bring back the Seattle skyline--once they get a team, that is.

cxe7hh6lwjtpdhcoyiuc064sp.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawks of course made a post that read "Hawks Show Off New Home Uniforms" and I flipped my :censored: -- until the photo loaded.

HAWKS replaced with ATLANTA, which is a completely lateral move.

Other tweak is obviously the replacement of the logo on the shorts. The new logo is clearly taking over as the primary, as it will be at midcourt.

IMO, the Hawks need a full transition into a new brand around the pac logo. Hell, after the Danny Ferry incident, they need one now more than ever, anyway.

It could be a statement in the wake of majority ownership going up for sale. There's only a small chance a buyer would successfully yank them from Atlanta.

al_horford.jpg?itok=GUss0khF

Check out pg. 70 of this thread. :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20140924_uni-ts.jpg?itok=i7E0fmPJ

Looks better each time i see it but still wished it was more mardi gras.

Agreed. It's a very strong alt though. Well made with the set in mind. I love good cohesion.

It does look much better here... I am getting sick of red and navy, though.

The wordmark makes this uniform my favorite in the set. That New Orleans one is awful.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not that I'm defending Dallas's usage of the skyline for their design, since I think it should just be a Nuggets thing, but it's not like Denver has an iconic skyline either

Perhaps not by itself. But Denver's graphic relies on the combination of skyline and mountainscape. I think the combination is iconic enough to be identified with the city.

Plus, they have first mover's advantage. :P

I wish they'd bring back the Seattle skyline--once they get a team, that is.

cxe7hh6lwjtpdhcoyiuc064sp.gif

Today in art class we weren't really doing anything, so I randomly sketched that logo. Strange how that brought back the memories of confusion I felt years ago when ESPN announced the move. Man, I really miss the Sonics now.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

ByPBCr-CMAA3N8L.jpg

The Mavs have this skyline set made, yet the most recognizable building of the entire city is left out completely?

4864736678_261b76ef72.jpg

Fail.

It was noted a page or two ago that Cuban said Reunion Tower would be added into the skyline (likely because nearly everyone said the same thing).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've been saying the Hawks need a rebrand as soon as I felt the last one got old enough, which was a few years, simply because it was too generic for me.

If they aren't going to revert to old colors, they should at least find a new design...and most Hawks fans thought that was coming with the PAC is back thing.

This^ The want for a rebrand for the Hawks was not started by this latest attempt of Spirit Ownership Group cashing in on the Hawks, this goes back for a while.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

today is media day for the knicks and spurs (and probably more?)

The Nets are having one as well. One thing I noticed is rookie Bojan Bogdonavić has the accent on the c in his name:

ByeHjaFIAAAc6Lm.jpg

But Mirza Teletović didn't have it on his last season:

img24419685.jpg

Haven't been able to find a Teletović photo from today showing if he has one now or not.

Before today, I didn't know what the Dallas skyline looked like. I am sure I am not the only one.

exactly...I'm sorry to disappoint people but Dallas skyline isnt famous or unique to the world compared to Toronto,Seattle, Chicago,New York.

I was born and raised in Texas (albeit raised on the opposite side of the state), and to be honest I couldn't recognize a silhouette of Dallas's skyline, if I had to. I just know they have that tower with the green lights and the one with the ball,

Being a Fort Worthian, I don't usually "defend" Dallas, but... really? With the tv show and the many, many, MANY shots of the skyline during Cowboys games and you DON'T recognize it?

It's not the greatest or most recognizable in the world (like that b.s. USA Today list stated a few weeks ago), but it's at least one of the more recognizable skylines in North America.

And that "dong" would be the Margret Hunt-Hill Bridge, seen far left.

Margarethunthill6.jpg.728x520_q85.png

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

today is media day for the knicks and spurs (and probably more?)

The Nets are having one as well. One thing I noticed is rookie Bojan Bogdonavić has the accent on the c in his name:

ByeHjaFIAAAc6Lm.jpg

But Mirza Teletović didn't have it on his last season:

img24419685.jpg

Haven't been able to find a Teletović photo from today showing if he has one now or not.

Didn't really care too much when the NBA logo was moved to the back, but seeing it on an actual jersey makes me hate it. Especially on the Nets jersey, it makes the whole thing look so generic.

Didn't even know Dllas had a skyline worth acknowledging. If NY isn't the most recognizable skyline in the world, I'll be damned

sorry bruh

http://www.wfaa.com/story/entertainment/2014/09/10/dallas-voted-best-skyline/15371031/

Again, that's total and complete bull:censored: (2 of the 3 guys who made this list were FROM Dallas), but still, the Dallas skyline should at least be recognizable within this country's borders.

Hell, even South Park gave Denver's skyline some airtime...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

If anything, this thread is showing me what the Dallas skyline looks like. Sorry that as a west coast then Midwest guy born after the 80s I didn't watch that soap opera and I don't watch many Cowboys games.

"Born after the 80's...?"

So? I mean, for one thing, the show is back on and has been for a couple years now and there's also Walker Texas Ranger, which was on for nearly all of the 90's.

And second... are there really that many people ignorant of what the DALLAS skyline looks like? I'm not even saying this as a Texan or someone who lives 30 miles away. Dallas definately isn't a small town and by no means is it underexposed.

Out of all the skylines in this state, you'd think it would be Dallas that would be most noticeable...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Seattle, New York, Chicago, St Louis Toronto Philadelphia,Hollywood, Washington DC,.etc i know. But any other city skylines without a "skyscraper" tower or landmark im clueless. Btw. I used to watch Dallas but all i remember was the ranch and farms.

Sorry bud but only mostly Texans know Dallas skyline. Same goes for Denver.

shado_logo.gif

Archived