NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

The Mavs' new unis aren't that bad, only if there wasn't a butt plug on the jersey.

The corrected render, for the record:
ByPvpvSIQAEbPDA.png

Needs some personality, imo. Gimme some Mardi Gras flair dammit!

Could you make this jersey in metallic gold

(soz for going offtopic here)

You know, all your posts sound demanding. It's kinda annoying, no offense.

You can freely post like this the Requests section, idc really.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'm sorry to all the Dallas residents here, but just because you're a city doesn't mean you have an iconic skyline.

This. I'm sure it means something to locals, but as an East Coast guy, that skyline looks generic to me.

Plenty of people disagree with you:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/entertainment/2014/09/10/dallas-voted-best-skyline/15371031/

Are you kidding me? That Internet vote screams "rigged" and everyone knows it.

I agree with other sentiments. Why have a "skyline" jersey if you don't have an iconic, instantly identifiable skyline? New York has Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, even the Freedom Tower. Chicago has Willis Tower. Seattle has the Space Needle. St Louis has the Gateway Arch. Toronto has CN Tower. Even Los Angeles may be more recognizable with Liberty Tower that dominates its skyline. Dallas doesn't have that iconic structure these cities do so this just seems like a reach...

And if you're gonna reach, atleast excute it properly. Reunion Tower looks like a giant dildo in that skyline on the jersey ...embarrassing.

ByPBCr-CMAA3N8L.jpg

Dallas does have a recognizable skyline. Plenty of people will recognize the Dallas skyline thanks to the tv show and Reunion Tower. Also, that's not Reunion Tower "looking like a dildo" in the mockup Cuban held up. That's the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. Cuban later said Reunion Tower will be in the final design the team will eventually wear on the court.

I'm not arguing Dallas has the best skyline in the world like the survey posted, but it's far from generic.

And I'm sorry to all the Dallas residents here, but just because you're a city doesn't mean you have an iconic skyline.

This. I'm sure it means something to locals, but as an East Coast guy, that skyline looks generic to me.

Plenty of people disagree with you:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/entertainment/2014/09/10/dallas-voted-best-skyline/15371031/

Are you kidding me? That Internet vote screams "rigged" and everyone knows it.

I agree with other sentiments. Why have a "skyline" jersey if you don't have an iconic, instantly identifiable skyline? New York has Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, even the Freedom Tower. Chicago has Willis Tower. Seattle has the Space Needle. St Louis has the Gateway Arch. Toronto has CN Tower. Even Los Angeles may be more recognizable with Liberty Tower that dominates its skyline. Dallas doesn't have that iconic structure these cities do so this just seems like a reach...

And if you're gonna reach, atleast excute it properly. Reunion Tower looks like a giant dildo in that skyline on the jersey ...embarrassing.

ByPBCr-CMAA3N8L.jpg

Dallas does have a recognizable skyline. Plenty of people will recognize the Dallas skyline thanks to the tv show and Reunion Tower. Also, that's not Reunion Tower "looking like a dildo" in the mockup Cuban held up. That's the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. Cuban later said Reunion Tower will be in the final design the team will eventually wear on the court.

I'm not arguing Dallas has the best skyline in the world like the survey posted, but it's far from generic.

Never said it was generic previously. The point is it lacks that iconic feature that makes some city's skyline instantly recognizable, thus it could be easily mistakened for another city's skyline. Ex: When I see the Transamerica Pyramid, I know that's San Francisco. I don't even have to Google it.

In this case, it's almost like the Mavs purposely chose to put DALLAS underneath the skyline just so even the casual fan would know what city skyline that was on the jersey. If they'd put "Mavs" underneath, the casual fan who's not in the know could mix up the skyline for Tampa.

NYCdog.png

Dallas born and raised, and as much I as I want to like the jersey, I just can't. I don't think the bridge needs to be taking up that much of the skyline.

When I took a second look at that bridge (upon realizing it was a bridge) I not only saw a massive dildo ...I saw a side profile of :censored: & balls. That's pretty bad.

NYCdog.png

Nice originality Dallas, not only does your skyline suck, but it is obvious the "designer" was heavily inspired by the Nuggets skyline jerseys.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

The corrected render, for the record:

ByPvpvSIQAEbPDA.png

Needs some personality, imo. Gimme some Mardi Gras flair dammit!

just wondering; what's the black square on the mid-back side paneling of the jersey?

The owner said they'll add one for every year they don't make the playoffs as the Pelicans. Guess that's the first one.

90758391980.gif

Nice originality Dallas, not only does your skyline suck, but it is obvious the "designer" was heavily inspired by the Nuggets skyline jerseys.

I still don't get how the NBA is allowing them to wear such an obvious ripoff of a currently-worn uniform. Then again, they did greenlight the Spurs/Celtics mashup that is the Nets' uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I still don't get how the NBA is allowing them to wear such an obvious ripoff of a currently-worn uniform. Then again, they did greenlight the Spurs/Celtics mashup that is the Nets' uniforms.

The Celtics don't own the "simple uni template" corner. It's a retro look that plenty of teams used back in the day; the C's are the only ones that stuck with it. The Cavs and the Nets have brought it back, but I'd also throw the Knicks' current retro uni into the mix (the only modern element there being the half-trim on the arm holes).

The Celtics don't own the "simple uni template" corner. It's a retro look that plenty of teams used back in the day; the C's are the only ones that stuck with it. The Cavs and the Nets have brought it back, but I'd also throw the Knicks' current retro uni into the mix (the only modern element there being the half-trim on the arm holes).

Knicks unis are retro but NOT simple. They still have style to them. Nets,Cavs, Celtics are just too plain. It only works for Boston.

Side note:i didn't know that the Nuggets ACTUAL skyline existed in those unis either. Thought it was Tetris meets random mountains.

shado_logo.gif

Archived