NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nets will be wearing this patch leading up to the All-Star game:

ByTv-i1IMAA3u-U.png

The tweet says "on their sleeve" - I don't know if this means it's only on their sleeved jersey or if sleeve refers to the breast/collarbone area on the regular uniforms?

EDIT: "Correction: All-Star patch will go on the right side of chest, not a sleeve. So not a sleeved jersey."

Nice originality Dallas, not only does your skyline suck, but it is obvious the "designer" was heavily inspired by the Nuggets skyline jerseys.

I still don't get how the NBA is allowing them to wear such an obvious ripoff of a currently-worn uniform. Then again, they did greenlight the Spurs/Celtics mashup that is the Nets' uniforms.

The Celtics don't own the "simple uni template" corner. It's a retro look that plenty of teams used back in the day; the C's are the only ones that stuck with it. The Cavs and the Nets have brought it back, but I'd also throw the Knicks' current retro uni into the mix (the only modern element there being the half-trim on the arm holes).

Knicks unis are retro but NOT simple. They still have style to them. Nets,Cavs, Celtics are just too plain. It only works for Boston.

Side note:i didn't know that the Nuggets ACTUAL skyline existed in those unis either. Thought it was Tetris meets random mountains.

What? the knicks jerseys say "NEW YORK" in the most generic block lettering available. They are extremely simple. The Nets at least have a stripe down the side (which, by the way, has the same herringbone style that the court has).

Nice originality Dallas, not only does your skyline suck, but it is obvious the "designer" was heavily inspired by the Nuggets skyline jerseys.

I still don't get how the NBA is allowing them to wear such an obvious ripoff of a currently-worn uniform. Then again, they did greenlight the Spurs/Celtics mashup that is the Nets' uniforms.

The Celtics don't own the "simple uni template" corner. It's a retro look that plenty of teams used back in the day; the C's are the only ones that stuck with it. The Cavs and the Nets have brought it back, but I'd also throw the Knicks' current retro uni into the mix (the only modern element there being the half-trim on the arm holes).

Knicks unis are retro but NOT simple. They still have style to them. Nets,Cavs, Celtics are just too plain. It only works for Boston.

Side note:i didn't know that the Nuggets ACTUAL skyline existed in those unis either. Thought it was Tetris meets random mountains.

What? the knicks jerseys say "NEW YORK" in the most generic block lettering available. They are extremely simple. The Nets at least have a stripe down the side (which, by the way, has the same herringbone style that the court has).

The knicks are about as generic of a basketball uniform as you can get. Pretty much straight out of a 1950's catalog. The only thing really going for it is that they've always had a pretty generic basketball look in comparison to other storied franchises.

Before today, I didn't know what the Dallas skyline looked like. I am sure I am not the only one.

exactly...I'm sorry to disappoint people but Dallas skyline isnt famous or unique to the world compared to Toronto,Seattle, Chicago,New York.

I was born and raised in Texas (albeit raised on the opposite side of the state), and to be honest I couldn't recognize a silhouette of Dallas's skyline, if I had to. I just know they have that tower with the green lights and the one with the ball, San Antonio has something similar to that though.

Not that I'm defending Dallas's usage of the skyline for their design, since I think it should just be a Nuggets thing, but it's not like Denver has an iconic skyline either

Perhaps not by itself. But Denver's graphic relies on the combination of skyline and mountainscape. I think the combination is iconic enough to be identified with the city.

Plus, they have first mover's advantage. :P

Not that I'm defending Dallas's usage of the skyline for their design, since I think it should just be a Nuggets thing, but it's not like Denver has an iconic skyline either

Add me to the list of people that didn't know that was Denver's actual skyline. I figured their downtown would be a lot bigger, have more buildings.

Hawks of course made a post that read "Hawks Show Off New Home Uniforms" and I flipped my :censored: -- until the photo loaded.

HAWKS replaced with ATLANTA, which is a completely lateral move.

Other tweak is obviously the replacement of the logo on the shorts. The new logo is clearly taking over as the primary, as it will be at midcourt.

IMO, the Hawks need a full transition into a new brand around the pac logo. Hell, after the Danny Ferry incident, they need one now more than ever, anyway.

It could be a statement in the wake of majority ownership going up for sale. There's only a small chance a buyer would successfully yank them from Atlanta.

al_horford.jpg?itok=GUss0khF

No offense, but some people here get a little too trigger happy with changing team identities because of one or two incidents which have nothing to do with uniforms. This idea gets thrown around much more than it should. If anything, uniforms are associated with players not GMs or owners and people have to be pretty fickle if after every bad publicity event teams change their whole identities. Imagine if a team changed their identity after one unfortunate event and the next season something happens equal if not worse. Would they change identities again?

IMO, they should keep the current template and logos while reverting to being a red, gold and maybe black team just uniqueness sake and history.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

No offense, but some people here get a little too trigger happy with changing team identities because of one or two incidents which have nothing to do with uniforms. This idea gets thrown around much more than it should. If anything, uniforms are associated with players not GMs or owners and people have to be pretty fickle if after every bad publicity event teams change their whole identities. Imagine if a team changed their identity after one unfortunate event and the next season something happens equal if not worse. Would they change identities again?

IMO, they should keep the current template and logos while reverting to being a red, gold and maybe black team just uniqueness sake and history.

Agreed..However history shows (Malice in Palace, the jailblazers era, etc) that incidents rarely dictate uniform changes to get red of certain stigmas.
shado_logo.gif

I've been saying the Hawks need a rebrand as soon as I felt the last one got old enough, which was a few years, simply because it was too generic for me.

If they aren't going to revert to old colors, they should at least find a new design...and most Hawks fans thought that was coming with the PAC is back thing.

Archived