NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They added gray and black to their color scheme for this year, probably so fans won't get freaked out that their wearing gray.

Who...who is in charge of these horrible decisions?

The same people who decided to model their new arena after a toilet.

That comment made me spit out my drink! I never noticed that til that article that came out a few days ago.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11583606&src=desktop

nba_e_warriors11_300x200.jpg

shado_logo.gif

If anything, this thread is showing me what the Dallas skyline looks like. Sorry that as a west coast then Midwest guy born after the 80s I didn't watch that soap opera and I don't watch many Cowboys games.

If anything, this thread is showing me just how fragile and weak-minded Dallas folk are, first highjacking an vote to claim best skyline, then highjacking this thread to convince everyone that their skyline is iconic and world class, thus belongs on the front of their jersey. And even worse, using the fake skyline vote as some form of evidence in their arguments.

I guess I should be surprised. This is the same city that hosts the Cowgirls, whom are also "All about image" ...an image that only exists in their own delusional fantasys. In reality, that skyline isn't even the best in its own state, 2 other cities have it beat.

Did the whole City of Dallas poop in your Corn Flakes dude?
I'm not a big fan of Dallas, myself, but good lord, the severe hatred for the city (which from observation seems to be mosly people from the northeast) is just uncalled for...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

They added gray and black to their color scheme for this year, probably so fans won't get freaked out that their wearing gray.

They did? Don't they have to actually have any official colors in their logo?

Not necessarily.. (can't find the Adidas catalog posts for the images). Black and grey are somewhat neutral, universal complimentary colors anyway.
shado_logo.gif

If anything, this thread is showing me what the Dallas skyline looks like. Sorry that as a west coast then Midwest guy born after the 80s I didn't watch that soap opera and I don't watch many Cowboys games.

If anything, this thread is showing me just how fragile and weak-minded Dallas folk are, first highjacking an vote to claim best skyline, then highjacking this thread to convince everyone that their skyline is iconic and world class, thus belongs on the front of their jersey. And even worse, using the fake skyline vote as some form of evidence in their arguments.

I guess I should be surprised. This is the same city that hosts the Cowgirls, whom are also "All about image" ...an image that only exists in their own delusional fantasys. In reality, that skyline isn't even the best in its own state, 2 other cities have it beat.

I'm not a big fan of Dallas, myself, but good lord, the severe hatred for the city (which from observation seems to be mosly people from the northeast) is just uncalled for...

I think you're encountering more a general indifference than an actual hatred for Dallas. It's a big city with a crap football team. Other than that, I'm not sure how much it should be regarded, if at all.

I like the green building, for what it's worth. And I liked Talk Radio quite a bit. I was always surprised Eric Bogosian didn't do more interesting work.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They did? Don't they have to actually have any official colors in their logo?

Not necessarily.. (can't find the Adidas catalog posts for the images). Black and grey are somewhat neutral, universal complimentary colors anyway.

For a team that has nice vibrant colors, this is just adidas making some bad cash grab

Go A's!

I think you're encountering more a general indifference than an actual hatred for Dallas. It's a big city with a crap football team. Other than that, I'm not sure how much it should be regarded, if at all.

I like the green building, for what it's worth. And I liked Talk Radio quite a bit. I was always surprised Eric Bogosian didn't do more interesting work.

I know what I'm reading here and it looks like a lot more than just "indifference", but whatever.

Regarding the jerseys themselves... I'm not too big on them. But I guess it fits.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

We done..but we were also talking about skyline jerseys too. So hence the Dallas jersey we kinda were on topic.

I would like to see special skyline jerseys as like a 2nd city pride..Knicks will have the Statue of liberty, Philly - Liberty Bell, LA- chinese theater or Hollywood sign,..sounds like 90s design but some execution can be like the NIKE template for NCAA (Duke, UNC,..etc)

40883.jpg

I like this idea. Expanding on it, we could see...

Lakers - Hollywood sign.

Clippers - Manns Chinese Thearter or LA City Hall

Miami - South Beach Art Deco

Chicago - Willis Tower or Millennium Bean

Cleveland - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Toronto - CN Tower

NY Knicks - Empire State Building or Statue of Liberty.

BK Nets - Bklyn Bridge or Brownstones

Philadelphia - Liberty Bell

Washington - Capitol or Wash Monument

Boston - Old Boston Garden sign or Zakim Bridge

Houston - Space Shuttle launch or Astronaut floating in space or Astrodome glass roof design

GSW - Bay Bridge or Golden Gate Bridge or Transamerica Building or Chinatown Dragon Gate

Denver - Rocky Mountains

San Antonio - Alamo

New Orleans - French Qtr wraught iron balconies or Superdome with city skyline & Twin Span bridges or a Riverboat

Orlando - Walt Disney Castle

Annnnnnnddddddd....

OKC - Seattle Space Needle

No but they pooped on this thread during media week.

Oh, and don't forget the Utah Jazz with Temple Square.

Not that I'm defending Dallas's usage of the skyline for their design, since I think it should just be a Nuggets thing, but it's not like Denver has an iconic skyline either

Perhaps not by itself. But Denver's graphic relies on the combination of skyline and mountainscape. I think the combination is iconic enough to be identified with the city.

Plus, they have first mover's advantage. :P

I wish they'd bring back the Seattle skyline--once they get a team, that is.

cxe7hh6lwjtpdhcoyiuc064sp.gif

The best change the NBA could make for 2014-2015 would be to ship OKC back to Seattle and re-commission this exact Sonics logo!

The best change the NBA could make for 2014-2015 would be to ship OKC back to Seattle and re-commission this exact Sonics logo!

Yeah and maybe we can just ship LA back to Minneapolis and recreate their old logo too!

Seriously...isn't that argument dead yet? It's never going to happen.

The best Seattle can and should hope for is an expansion franchise in the future. God help them if they ever "steal" a team from another city in order to bring back the Sonics. That would be irony at it's finest.

Archived