NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ByttJ4oCMAAOFhh.jpg

Per @stevekylerNBA on Twitter.

These sleeved jerseys do look better with the shoulder trim colored in (low bar to clear), but those pinstripes are very pajama-ish.

It'd look worse without pinstripes, and better without sleeves. Orlando's pinstripes are pretty much a staple of the uniform.

This sleeve thing is so lame. Leave the sleeves for the college and rec league ranks.

I almost think that blue pinstripes would be better than white.

The subtle changes to the wordmark and shoulder width changes aren't happening til next season.

Ah. Why not just go full rebrand?

That's what i said. 14/15-Chinese jersey for 3 games. 15/16-Sleeve shortening. Subtle wordmark change. Sleeved Clutch City pride alt jersey and another alt jersey that is not red and yellow and radically different. Maybe red, white and blue? 16/17- 3rd Alt uniform.

So basically stuck with this brand til at least 2018. I am so sick of this brand and there's nothing to do about it. Rockets have had the honor of having the worst uniforms in the league since 1996 after winning back to back titles with a 23 year old brand.

I really don't understand why you couldn't do the sleeve and wordmark change NOW, since they are subtle changes. Especially with all the complaints from fans AND players. Why can't we get the alternate now as well since the Chinese jersey is only for 3 freaking games? Anything to get it all out of the way for a full rebrand asap.

Look at all these new footy kits from Assidas ...for BASKETBALL. I can't hardly wait to see how they eff-up the All Star Game at MSG.

Magic: The blue shoulder stripes creating the illusion of a basketball jersey with a shooting shirt underneath is a bigger farce than Toronto's 2013 baseline graphic creating the illusion of a 3D font.

Rockets: Yao's gone. Lin's in LA. Why are still trying to create the illusion of being China's favorite team? To appease your Vietnamese population lol? Did the Yao/Lin era make you THAT MUCH money to sell out like this? Look at Howard's "WTF" look on his face. This is terrible, just a plain red shirt with Chinese characters. Not even a dragon...

GSW - Speaking of "WTF" ...that's not slate, it's black. Also the white font looks out of place on the jersey compared to the colored trim. The font should've been blue trimmed in yellow.

The only thing Assidas has gotten right this year was the Hornets ...and they can thank Brand Jordan for that.

NYCdog.png

Byunh5cIEAEJZYu.jpg

At least they didn't mess it up like the Spanish names with LOS or EL. Rockets is two words and they stuck with two words. 火箭

Also look at Jason Terry. I thought the Rockets were making subtle changes to the wordmark and reducing the shoulder width. Looks the same

I...I actually like these. The word mark looks sharp.

I think the updates next yr will make a big difference.

What exactly is a chinese jersey ? does it say china on the front ? LOL . And that Magic uni, time for bed i feel, with a nice cup of tea and a magazine...yawn

The jersey is sleeved with four Mandarin characters on the front replacing the word “Rockets”.

thanks for the info, some rude stuff indeed

What exactly is a chinese jersey ? does it say china on the front ? LOL . And that Magic uni, time for bed i feel, with a nice cup of tea and a magazine...yawn

The jersey is sleeved with four Mandarin characters on the front replacing the word “Rockets”.

thanks for the info, some rude stuff indeed

It's two characters, not four. Also, Mandarin is a dialect, not a language. Chinese is the language on the jerseys.

Go A's!

ByttJ4oCMAAOFhh.jpg

Per @stevekylerNBA on Twitter.

These sleeved jerseys do look better with the shoulder trim colored in (low bar to clear), but those pinstripes are very pajama-ish.

It'd look worse without pinstripes, and better without sleeves. Orlando's pinstripes are pretty much a staple of the uniform.

This sleeve thing is so lame. Leave the sleeves for the college and rec league ranks.

I almost think that blue pinstripes would be better than white.

The one thing that I think makes it look sorta bad.pajama like is how big the shorts are, especially when they wear the top so tight.

I know I know its not "dope" to wear shorts right at the kneecaps or just above it, but it would look better.

The Magic easily have the best sleeved jersey in the NBA so far. They didn't have much competition and the fact that it has sleeves is stupid, but at least they attempted to put some design into the sleeves.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived