NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the skyline and how their implementing the "Ohio" theme this year. But the Cleveland script abouve the skyline.... Why? The dropshadow C isn't exactly my favorite either. Just when I thought we were going away from navy, they pull this...

And sidenote- Could the navy CavFanatic jerseys be coming back? There is a LeBron shirsey for sale on Champs Sports Website using that style (I ordered one. Couldn't resist I loved those jerseys)

spacer.png

Huge downgrade for the Cavs.

Hate the use of blue, more complex "C" at midcourt and what looks like random arched texts.

Just looks like mess of random ideas thrown together last minute. Very amateurish.

Really? I like it. I thought the pervious court was horrible, and I see this as an upgrade.

I also like the return of blue . the blue cavfanatic alt needs to be the template for the wine/gold/white jerseys

irving.jpg

Their best unis in their current set.. period! All they need to do is add blue to their home uniforms and then this new court will help turn their dull identity around completely.

Byzh3mQIUAA9elU.jpg

shado_logo.gif

Hate the use of blue, more complex "C" at midcourt and what looks like random arched texts.

Just looks like mess of random ideas thrown together last minute. Very amateurish.

Really? I like it. I thought the pervious court was horrible, and I see this as an upgrade.

I also like the return of blue . the blue cavfanatic alt needs to be the template for the wine/gold/white jerseys

irving.jpg

I like a lot about the Cavs current look, but I REALLY like these alts. Particularly since Lebron in a navy Cavs uniform just looks right.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Yep, I envision the Cavs are scrambling to include as many new unis as legally possible (without having to submit new requests to the NBA) to cash in on the Bron Effect. Surely the navy unis will find their way back.

I wonder how many uniforms LeBron has played in over his career. It seemed like the Heat and Cavs were always throwing something together for quick $$$

irving.jpg

Their best unis in their current set.. period! All they need to do is add blue to their home uniforms and then this new court will help turn their dull identity around completely.

Byzh3mQIUAA9elU.jpg

ahh dont get me started..you KNOW they will have throwback unis from the lebron era uniforms!! they will look amazing on that court

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I think the blue shoulder loop makes the Orlando jersey one of the standouts (wasn't much competition) in the sleeves department. Finally someone used the real estate on the sleeve design to do something unique, instead of just slapping a wordmark or half assed logo on it. I'll keep saying it, if done well, the sleeved jerseys could be really nice.

If you look at the GSW slate pride jerseys, they have that shoulder loop too, but they just kept it black like the sleeves and the torso, so I think it's just part of Adidas's template. I'd expect more teams to color that shoulder loop as we see more sleeved jerseys this year (hopefully not too many)
You're right it is apart of the template, that much I know. What I was saying is someone finally used that space as part of the design. Most other times it wasn't used. Teams just slapped a wordmark on the jersey and called it a day. Orlando actually got a bit creative.

Cleveland doesn't need to use navy at all in their identity. The wine and gold is classic, simple, and unique. It's everything you could want or need, IMO.

As for that Magic jersey...I love the white pinstripes. The silver ones blend into the home and road sets too much. If you're going to have pinstripes, they need to be able to be seen.

I think the blue shoulder loop makes the Orlando jersey one of the standouts (wasn't much competition) in the sleeves department. Finally someone used the real estate on the sleeve design to do something unique, instead of just slapping a wordmark or half assed logo on it. I'll keep saying it, if done well, the sleeved jerseys could be really nice.

If you look at the GSW slate pride jerseys, they have that shoulder loop too, but they just kept it black like the sleeves and the torso, so I think it's just part of Adidas's template. I'd expect more teams to color that shoulder loop as we see more sleeved jerseys this year (hopefully not too many)
You're right it is apart of the template, that much I know. What I was saying is someone finally used that space as part of the design. Most other times it wasn't used. Teams just slapped a wordmark on the jersey and called it a day. Orlando actually got a bit creative.

Yeah, and failed at that, since having those arm stripes in a different color doesn't look good at all. Otherwise that gray uniform looks pretty good, and Orlando is one of the teams that can really pull it off, since they have gray in their logo.

--

What comes to the Cavs' new court, it really works as a design on it's own (apart from the Cleveland script above the skyline), and I prefer that iteration of the C at centercourt to the previous one. I never liked the prominent use of navy in their identity, though, but on the other hand it's refreshing on the OOB area.

Archived